Jock Madden reveals plan to partner Adam Reynolds, lead Brisbane's premiership push

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It's mentioned that Jock Madden was so impressed by the Broncos setup, that is the reason why he chose the Broncos instead of going to the Panthers and being Nathan Cleary's understudy. He outlines his plans to partner Adam Reynolds in the halves and is backing himself to take the #6 jersey from Ezra Mam and help engineer a Broncos finals fightback.

“My goal is to come here and play first grade.

“The Broncos have good halves in Reynolds and Ezra Mam, but I think I can learn a lot from the club’s past playmakers such as ‘Kevvie’ (Walters), Allan Langer, Ben Ikin and Darren Lockyer.

“Those four guys all played in the halves and are still around the club and if I can go to the Broncos and learn as much as I can from those guys, it will be massive for my game.

“I didn’t sign with the Broncos just to be a back up and play Queensland Cup.

“I have come here to play first grade and I’d love to be in the starting side week in, week out.

“To do that, I know I have to work hard, so I am keen to rip in this pre-season and I’m looking forward to the year ahead.”

Madden says the opportunity to learn from the likes of Adam Reynolds and Allan Langer will help him continue to develop his game.

“The Broncos are such a massive club, it’s had so much success and Adam Reynolds has done everything in the game.

“To learn from him is going to help my game and I can’t wait to pick the brain of a legend like ‘Alfie’ Langer.

“Reyno’s leadership is one asset, but he has such a great kicking game.

“He just looks like a winner. Everywhere he goes, he gets results. At Souths, he got them to a premiership and he had a great first season with the Broncos.

“I played both five-eighth and halfback at the Tigers.

“Preferably, halfback is my position and after ‘Reyno’ (retires), who knows what can happen, so I will be doing my best to impress.”

I love it. I don't expect he will start, but I like to hear that his goal is to be the starter.

At least he wants to learn unlike our last halves recruit from NSW with a two syllable last name starting with M.
I thought Milf was a queenslander

Oh dear! Jock would quickly realize if ‘business acumen’ is something he would like to pursue post his playing days then Locky is the person he needs to stay away from 😀.

I agree, Locky has nothing he can offer Jock.

It's not like he was the best in the world in two spine positions during his career ... oh wait

I agree, Locky has nothing he can offer Jock.

It's not like he was the best in the world in two spine positions during his career ... oh wait

He may be able to offer advice and tidbits here and there but I'm not sure if he has the capacity to mentor someone. Doesn't seem to have the personality for it.

I know he offered Milf help one time and he declined, but if he's got something to give in that area he should get stuck in. Help improve his image to the Broncos fans that are a bit disillusioned with how he's conducted himself since he retired.

My only worry has been his slow development. He wasn't showing a huge amount. Hopefully if hes dedicated he can learn off Reynolds. He will be 24/25 by the time Reynolds retires. Not such a bad age for a half.

My only worry has been his slow development. He wasn't showing a huge amount. Hopefully if hes dedicated he can learn off Reynolds. He will be 24/25 by the time Reynolds retires. Not such a bad age for a half.

IMO, that would have a lot to do with being in one of the worst systems in the NRL with no real mentors and a revolving door of coaches.

Learning of the likes of ARey, Kevvie and Alfie is a big difference to learning off Brooks

Healthy competition for that 6 jumper should push both him and mam to be better,ideal world the guy who misses out snags the 14

Active Now

• mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • HarryAllan7
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Wild Horse
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.