Jock Madden reveals plan to partner Adam Reynolds, lead Brisbane's premiership push

I don't watch Tigers games and I haven't really made a point to look up Jock Madden's montage on youtube but I do know one thing, when he played against us last time we met the Tigers he was nearly the best player on the field.

I reckon he will be here 1 year before he gets a starting spot elsewhere, only thing that might stop that is a long term injury to Reyno or Mam.

Surprised he left Tigers though he is essentially in the same position only behind even better halves.

I'm not complaining though from our perspective he seems to have filled the Gamble role of a player who is at first grade level should we need to plug in gaps in the halves.

I reckon he will be here 1 year before he gets a starting spot elsewhere, only thing that might stop that is a long term injury to Reyno or Mam.

Surprised he left Tigers though he is essentially in the same position only behind even better halves.

I'm not complaining though from our perspective he seems to have filled the Gamble role of a player who is at first grade level should we need to plug in gaps in the halves.

I'm a bit surprised he came to us (not so much that he left the Tigers), given there would have been a couple of teams that needed halves.

With us he's taking a strategic long term approach, given he gets to learn off a better calibre of players/coaches than he does at the Tigers ... which would set him up for a long term career.

the other thing with us is that while Mam has shown potential to be our long term 6 ... he's only going into his second year, so hasn't really locked down that 5/8 spot yet

Press conference. Says he'll play wherever Kevvie wants him to play, including 14:

Who was the journo that kept labouring the point about Walsh? Shut up FFS! We want to hear more about the guy in front of the mic.

Who was the journo that kept labouring the point about Walsh? Shut up FFS! We want to hear more about the guy in front of the mic.
Sounded like Badel. Dobbo was in there too. It's fairly normal at press conferences to ask about other players. They can use the quotes in other pieces. Expect to see a story on Reece shortly with quotes from Jock.

Press conference. Says he'll play wherever Kevvie wants him to play, including 14:

Takes balls to openly state you’d take the 14 jersey at our club. Props to the young man.

He's not getting the 14, the bloke we have in that position has it locked down and rightfully so too. He was outstanding last season and was rewarded with a new contract.

How good was his eyes lighting up and saying he’d love that when Pete asked him if he has his eyes set in succeeding Adam. You could just tell he thought it himself but someone else saying it reinforced that he could do it. I am very happy with the young man we have signed and considering he has been pretty good in an awful club and alongside some pretty shit players I can’t wait to see what he does here when we get some time to develop him and he gets arguably a great forward pack and arguably one of the best backlines in the comp.

How good was his eyes lighting up and saying he’d love that when Pete asked him if he has his eyes set in succeeding Adam. You could just tell he thought it himself but someone else saying it reinforced that he could do it. I am very happy with the young man we have signed and considering he has been pretty good in an awful club and alongside some pretty shit players I can’t wait to see what he does here when we get some time to develop him and he gets arguably a great forward pack and arguably one of the best backlines in the comp.
Yep, can't fault his attitude. All that's left is to deliver. We saw the former with Brodie Croft, but alas.

Love for him to seize the 14 jersey in the preseason.

Takes balls to openly state you’d take the 14 jersey at our club. Props to the young man.

Really?

I would have thought the 14 jersey was wide open ... I mean Billy has the 9 locked down 😁

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Morkel
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.