Jock Madden reveals plan to partner Adam Reynolds, lead Brisbane's premiership push

I don't think him having the 14 jersey will be any good for us.

We don't have a hooker that can play big minutes, so it's crucial we have a second hooker and I highly doubt Madden will handle the position on a weekly basis.

Paix is much more suited to the role. It's either 6, 7 or nothing for Madden. That's the reality.

We don't have a hooker that can play big minutes, so it's crucial we have a second hooker and I highly doubt Madden will handle the position on a weekly basis.

Paix is much more suited to the role. It's either 6, 7 or nothing for Madden. That's the reality.
I'm okay with someone with his skill set coming off the bench rather than languishing in the cup. As long as he can put in 20 minutes of solid defence to match his ball work. If Smoothy can play 60, instead of the 40 we've been conned to think is normal, I can only see him as an upgrade on the other options.

He still has to make the cut, of course. But good for him for putting his hand up.

I'm okay with someone with his skill set coming off the bench rather than languishing in the cup. As long as he can put in 20 minutes of solid defence to match his ball work. If Smoothy can play 60, instead of the 40 we've been conned to think is normal, I can only see him as an upgrade on the other options.

He still has to make the cut, of course. But good for him for putting his hand up.
Smoothy was predominantly an 80 min hooker in QCup so I think he could be a big minute hooker. I would really like to see him given a proper crack at the 9 this year.

Who was the journo that kept labouring the point about Walsh? Shut up FFS! We want to hear more about the guy in front of the mic.
Sounded like Badel. Dobbo was in there too. It's fairly normal at press conferences to ask about other players. They can use the quotes in other pieces. Expect to see a story on Reece shortly with quotes from Jock.
Right on cue:

Mate , people around here wanted to make Gamble a hooker .
Maybe reserve judgement on whether Jock can play there till the trials ?

It's hilarious the main focus of the conversation here is the 14.

Mate , people around here wanted to make Gamble a hooker .
Maybe reserve judgement on whether Jock can play there till the trials ?

He's played 14 several times before.

The role wouldn't be much different at the Broncos. He won't last there. We need him to refine his game and develop as a play maker, he won't achieve that playing hooker off the bench anywhere near as effectively as playing in his preferred position or in the QCup.

He's played 14 several times before.

The role wouldn't be much different at the Broncos. He won't last there. We need him to refine his game and develop as a play maker, he won't achieve that playing hooker off the bench anywhere near as effectively as playing in his preferred position or in the QCup.
You make a valid point, but you can't beat NRL experience and he's already shown in the game against us he's well and truly up to it.

The flipside to your point is we should use the best we have on hand, while we have it, and if he proves to offer more off the bench than Billy Walters, he should be considered in that role. It's not a high bar to leap.

You make a valid point, but you can't beat NRL experience and he's already shown in the game against us he's well and truly up to it.

The flipside to your point is we should use the best we have on hand, while we have it, and if he proves to offer more off the bench than Billy Walters, he should be considered in that role. It's not a high bar to leap.

He should at least be in the rotation with Billy and Paix.

Would he get first go in the halves if Ezra or Adam go down?

He should at least be in the rotation with Billy and Paix.

Would he get first go in the halves if Ezra or Adam go down?
I think so. Hard to see Harradyn Wilson or Oloapu jumping the queue in front of him. Jack Ahearn is another option, though.

I think so. Hard to see Harradyn Wilson or Oloapu jumping the queue in front of him. Jack Ahearn is another option, though.

Plus Billy has been committed to nine apparently and Paix subs for him so it's probably the least disruption.

I wonder with douihi potentially doing his acl yesterday if it wouldnt be worth doing something similar with madden that the storm did with harry grant to get him game time in fg?

I wonder with douihi potentially doing his acl yesterday if it wouldnt be worth doing something similar with madden that the storm did with harry grant to get him game time in fg?

Nah he's first drop to play if either half goes down

Storm had the Smiths for one position, Jock is there for two

Honestly with the way Ezra and Reyno are playing atm, he should see first grade soon

Nah he's first drop to play if either half goes down

Storm had the Smiths for one position, Jock is there for two

Honestly with the way Ezra and Reyno are playing atm, he should see first grade soon
Not sure of the contract situation of tristan sailor maybe he would be an option?

Irony of the tigers is i think they kept the worst two halves lol

Tigers played hard ball releasing Billy Walters... Lol. Don't think they deserve any good will from us.

It isn't really good will though if we send him there for experience to bring him back as a better player (which yes, is debatable if he goes to that train wreck of a club). I'd definitely entertain that even though it is very risky.

The other option though that I would be really keen on is to send Rogers there, we'd find out if he is NRL ready because honestly, he looks a really good prospect.

It isn't really good will though if we send him there for experience to bring him back as a better player (which yes, is debatable if he goes to that train wreck of a club). I'd definitely entertain that even though it is very risky.

The other option though that I would be really keen on is to send Rogers there, we'd find out if he is NRL ready because honestly, he looks a really good prospect.

Better to keep players away from that rabble.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • Mustafur
  • DrGee
  • simplythebest
  • Allo
  • Thelmus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncos Maestro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Wild Horse
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.