Jordan Kahu - returns from injuries

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying The Hoff is a fullback.

Plowman could play wing like Vidot but did not have the same impact in the forwards. His wing play like Vidot was average.
He did father Maranta who is a completely different build

Kahu has been quite impressive. He is a class above Vidot and Maranta but really has been hammered by injury. I hope we get to see how good he can be.

If we lose Barba and Hoffman I would not mind seeing him at fullback providing they decide to play Milford at 5/8

RE Plowman.

Almost 10 years is pretty long, granted that he didn't rack up a whole lot of games in those years but it was over 100.

How did he make all those Origin teams when he was never on the field?

Same reason Hodges does, reputation.

So Kahu gets dropped for...Reed? Surely Hook is taking the piss. FMD. Been very impressed with Kahu, hope he has gotten all of the injuries out of his system now - I'd love to see how good he could be with an uninterrupted year or 5!

"**** yeah, made it back and scored a try!"

"Storm game was tough, just need to build some match fitness"

*Sorry Jordan, Jack is taking your place this week*

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought it was Darren Plowman who was the father of Maranta?

I thought I would add my 5 cents.

For me Kahu shows great potential but lacks confidence. He has his moments where his instinct kicks in but for the most part he often looks like a boy playing against men purely because he has doubts in his mind. I think his injuries plague him mentally still. He has shown amazing skills in all of the games he has played but when he has time to consider his options (e.g. high balls, open space, longer distance ball-running, play build-up etc.) I feel he loses that instinctual prowess (prowess such as his play on the high ball against Melbourne) and under-performs. I truly think he should play outside Hodges. Hodges should mentor him, he has been through nearly identical circumstances and knows precisely how to pace himself in a game now. Hodges also has shown supreme dislike for Maranta on many occasions (mostly because Maranta has bombed so many Hodges plays etc.) and I think having some similar talent alongside him would be of great mutual benefit.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.