Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

Considering Dugan is walking away from reportedly $500k plus you would assume he would want something in that range.
Assuming that is the case then I would think we would retain Norman easily, if the club wants to.

Except Dugan has shown talent to justify that asking price. Norman has shown nothing

Fair point Coxy although I would argue he hasn't shown quite that type of talent and to balance his talent he also has shown disregard for the team and the coach and a softness under the pump. He is not the type of character the Broncos will look at as adding something to the culture.

Our choice most likely would be to stick with Norman at around the 350k mark or buy Dugan at around 500k.

Fair point Coxy although I would argue he hasn't shown quite that type of talent and to balance his talent he also has shown disregard for the team and the coach and a softness under the pump. He is not the type of character the Broncos will look at as adding something to the culture.

Our choice most likely would be to stick with Norman at around the 350k mark or buy Dugan at around 500k.

Given that option it's Dugan every day of the week.

RE: The big Dugan discussion

Dugan is a far better player, Norman isnt worth any more than 200k

And that may well be what happens Ari, if that is the way we go, IMO it's an admission that they have got our recruiting wrong but at least it would also show they realize it and are prepared to do something about it.

Apparently the Raiders are releasing to the NRL a list of the indiscretions Dugan has been in trouble for.

Didn't he get done for drink driving a few years back?

Sorry, but I don't want that kind of person in the team I support. Dude's a turd sandwich.

RE: The big Dugan discussion

I would be ok with us signing him with strict conditions.

All the boys down at the hog Saleyards definitely want "Doogs" to become a Bronco including Merv Sobchuk who is the biggest swine exporter this side of Imbil, he will definitely be coming here and the Broncos will be better off for it. Who cares what some of the fans think? They will adjust.

The only problem is he will want certainty, not a 1 year deal and see if you can behave. If the Broncos are serious about him we'll have to hitch his wagon for 2 - 3 years to compete with other clubs.

I wouldn't want to commit that kind of cash with that much risk on the basis we won't be any worse off, I'd want to be pretty sure we will be far better off.

... we have the brains ... we have the brawn ... time to invest in some nuts

Last edited:

All the boys down at the hog Saleyards definitely want "Doogs" to become a Bronco including Merv Sobchuk who is the biggest swine exporter this side of Imbil, he will definitely be coming here and the Broncos will be better off for it. Who cares what some of the fans think? They will adjust.

Pig in a poke anyone ?

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.