Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

I don't get it. What exactly is the problem with recruiting Dugan under strict probation?
same reason 99% of the people on here didnt want Tim Smith or Todd Carney - stupidity.

its a win-win situation as far as im concerned if we sign him. if he cleans his act up we get a fantastic player with more attacking skills than our entire current team combined. if the wheels fall off, we cut him lose and are no worse off.

He's a self-centered idiot, who thinks the world owes him. Welcome to the world of the Y-Gen youth! :laugh:

Of course his team-mates wouldn't like that behavior. No different from Gagai really, except the confrontation with the coach and the social media pictures...

Or is repeatedly missing training sessions and/or showing up late after another drinking sessions with his mates any better? He was given numerous opportunities to get his act together and didn't. It took a sacking and a change of scenery to change it...
I was (and still am) one of the biggest Gagai "fanboys" and was continuously demanding his inclusion in the team, but I am happy with the decison taken by the club.

I think Dugan has enough talent to warrant a chance, as long as he integrates properly into the group and takes his job seriously, but the contract must reflect strict KPI's on his behaviour on and off the field. If he complies, we'll have a great weapon in the backline, if he doesn't, he will be sacked again.

The only thing I am strictly against, is lak of action against anyone who is continuously pushing boundaries or simply ignoring guidelines, and thus, sabotaging the group with that behaviour.

Last edited:

your assuming he will accept a contract with strict conditions attached to it. he may not want to be restricted
I don't think he will have a choice. No administrator in his right mind would ever sign a contract with him without conditions about his behaviour!

That's ok as long as we are winning

Not going to win a lot of premiership with repeat offenders.

Hard enough taking on the judiciary - taking on the courts would be our downfall.

Club needs to show some character and direction. Right now, we've got one of those details sorted, the other has been complicated somewhat. I'd like to see what's in store but on the surface trying to pick up rejects on top dollar isn't the way to go.

He's a self-centered idiot, who thinks the world owes him. Welcome to the world of the Y-Gen youth! :laugh:

Of course his team-mates wouldn't like that behavior. No different from Gagai really, except the confrontation with the coach and the social media pictures...

Errrr.. Dugan team mates didn't even want him anymore. The police were even involved. Big difference.

I don't get it. What exactly is the problem with recruiting Dugan under strict probation?
If he doesn't comply with the Broncos code of ethics, he can **** off again and become a paria in the NRL.

I mean, does anyone actually think he wouldn't improve our backline by 100000000%?

I don't recall many people being so aggressive against the recruitment of Inglis, who we all know, did something far worse than Dugan...
Because if he was to continue in his ways its not as black and white as just cutting him loose and moving on, it damages the clubs brand and reputation, sponsors, the clubs culture if he was to drag others down with him (which is likely considering his time at Canberra), planning for the clubs current and future roster (not re-signing players to fit him in, not signing others), potentially our season if he was sacked. The club doesn't come out of it unscathed if it wasn't to work out. He is not worth it!

People are making out that he's going to still be worth a lot of money. He's damaged goods, he will be going cheap just to get a fucking job.

Dugan was on 600K apparently. That is HUGE money.

Errrr.. Dugan team mates didn't even want him anymore. The police were even involved. Big difference.
Yeah right, you're not exactly impartial in this question, but when was police involved with Dugan?

There were actually senior Broncos players fed-up with Dane's attitude and wanted him gone well before Hook sacked him, and some players at Norths were filthy about what they saw as preferential treatment, up to a point where the coach's hand was essentially forced to suspend him as well.

Because if he was to continue in his ways its not as black and white as just cutting him loose and moving on, it damages the clubs brand and reputation, sponsors, the clubs culture if he was to drag others down with him (which is likely considering his time at Canberra), planning for the clubs current and future roster (not re-signing players to fit him in, not signing others), potentially our season if he was sacked. The club doesn't come out of it unscathed if it wasn't to work out. He is not worth it!
It takes much more than one stupid player to cause that kind of damage. Look at the toilet-gate events, which no matter how you look at them, were much worse than Dugan's behaviour, and what impact they had on the Broncos organisation, sponsors and culture.
If you think that Dugan could do that, you're grossly diminishing the Broncos organisation and grossly overestimating how much damage Dugan really could cause.

Besides, we're a footy club driven by results, and it would be silly to think that Dugan couldn't help improve those!

Personally I was hoping the late mail News just posted was Dugan being a shock inclusion :P I guess that was too optimistic.

Not a chance in the world I would want to see Dugan at the Broncos. We may as well have kept Gagai who probably has more potential anyway.

Yeah right, you're not exactly impartial in this question, but when was police involved with Dugan?

There were actually senior Broncos players fed-up with Dane's attitude and wanted him gone well before Hook sacked him, and some players at Norths were filthy about what they saw as preferential treatment, up to a point where the coach's hand was essentially forced to suspend him as well.

The police were called to Ferguson's place and Dugan made oink oink noises.
You're full of shieet mate.. Name me these senior players. You can't.

At Norths? Yeah you're making up shieet alright.

Now you're hurting my feelings. You know how much your opinion matters to me...

I got the club wrong, but not the rest. I'm pretty sure you know that.

Now you're hurting my feelings. You know how much your opinion matters to me...

I got the club wrong, but not the rest. I'm pretty sure you know that.

I believe... :winky:

Yeah as I expected. No proof to back your shieet up.
Yeah you seem to know so much about him that you thought he played for Norths.
Haha you're a joke.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Lurker
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Evander
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.