Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

It says much about Dugan's fall from grace that the absence from yesterday morning's team photograph of a player once considered the Raiders' most valuable commodity was worthy of nothing more than a joke among his teammates.

But, as one player told The Australian, the only time Dugan could be relied upon to appear when required by the club was when there was a chance to get in front of a lens.

"He doesn't care about the club or the team -- he never did," the player said.
"It was only ever about him."

He was known to have spruiked to teammates about his status in the game, declaring he had no fear of being sacked because he would simply sign on at a "better club".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...t-for-josh-dugan/story-fnca0von-1226597676286

Yeah...I'm glad the Broncos have decided not to go there. He's be more trouble than he's worth.

clubs should take a stand and take no interest in him.

no matter how much of a wanker he is, he has still 'won' out of all this. he is still getting exactly what he wanted.

the reality is that a player like Dugan/Carney/etc will NEVER just be pushed out of the game by noone signing them. the second theyre released theyll have 5 teams trying to sign them. football is a business, and getting great players is what brings in the dollars. taking a moral stand and not signing someone because they did something stupid only makes you the loser.

Can't wait to see him tearing it up for another club while Neville Norman and Couldn't give a **** Hoffman stink it up for us on our way to a bottom 4 finish. :( Another dumb decision Broncos management.

Duggan would be a great acquisition onto a backline that is completely impotent, we need decent players at this club and fast or we will b fighting for the spoon. His track record off the field is completely irrelevant,he is rugby league player for chrissake, it goes with the territory, he is an impact player which is something the Broncos desperately need. As far as double standards concerning Gagai, get over it, getting released is the best thing that has ever happened to Dane, he now plays fulltime at his preferred position under the greatest coach of all time, he wouldn't have any of those things if he was still languishing at Red Hill. Make no mistake, Duggan will be a Bronco and I look forward to it, he may be the boost that this team needs.

Mate I look forward to it too if it is true, do you actually know this or do you just think it will happen?

Can't wait to see him tearing it up for another club while Neville Norman and Couldn't give a **** Hoffman stink it up for us on our way to a bottom 4 finish. :( Another dumb decision Broncos management.

At this point I'm thinking at least the are consistent. Making dumbf*** decisions without being able to see the reality of the situation seems to be their speciality

Fucking stupid if we don't sign him.

Have strict behavioural conditions and just sign him FFS. If Griffin really didn't know that Dugan was on the market then our recruitment is an even bigger joke than I thought! He is exactly the kind of player our team needs, any good coach can recognise that and should be chasing him hard.

Having someone like Dugan with the hope that he'll behave is a risk totally worth taking, if he plays up then we'll be the second club to sack him and he's the one that will look bad.

****ing stupid if we don't sign him.

Have strict behavioural conditions and just sign him FFS. If Griffin really didn't know that Dugan was on the market then our recruitment is an even bigger joke than I thought! He is exactly the kind of player our team needs, any good coach can recognise that and should be chasing him hard.

Having someone like Dugan with the hope that he'll behave is a risk totally worth taking, if he plays up then we'll be the second club to sack him and he's the one that will look bad.
Any good coach would recognise that Dugan is selfish, immature, disrespectful and a distraction for any club stupid enough to sign him.

How do you know that? He may turn it around at another club. We're in a results based business and Dugan addresses an area we're very weak in.

Put in strict behavioural conditions into his contract, if he plays up we have nothing to lose by sacking him, if he doesn't play up we have a great players in our team at a time when we are really lacking backline players.

Pros:
Better in both attack and defence than Hoffman

Cons:
Can't pass
Injury prone
NSW
A douche
At least 50% more expensive than Hoffman

Now that Pro is better than each one of the cons by themselves, but is it better than all of them combined?

Sign him, get him on a plane to wooloongong and give him Normans seat for the flight home. Norman can hitch a ride to parra

Might as well start recruiting from Wacol.

I don't get it. What exactly is the problem with recruiting Dugan under strict probation?
If he doesn't comply with the Broncos code of ethics, he can **** off again and become a paria in the NRL.

I mean, does anyone actually think he wouldn't improve our backline by 100000000%?

I don't recall many people being so aggressive against the recruitment of Inglis, who we all know, did something far worse than Dugan...

Last edited:

My concern is only his attitude to his teammates at Canberra. If he's that selfish and self centred to his own teammates, would he be any different in Brisbane? I can understand a guy getting on the drink or having a clash with coach or administration, but when your own teammates hate you that tells you a LOT IMO.

your assuming he will accept a contract with strict conditions attached to it. he may not want to be restricted

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Tim K
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Wild Horse
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncotville
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.