Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Obvious similarities to fellow Canberra junior Todd Carney. He needs some maturity under his belt. A year on his arse on the sidelines could be either the right medicine, or it could effect him the other way.

Re: thoughts on the idea of dugan at the broncos.

A change of scenery always does wonders. The new environment makes for a cautionary approach and not having the "bad company" and/or customary friends around helps too.
Besides, the sacking from your club despite being a star player is also quite sobering.

We only need to look at Gagai to see how that went...

I wouldn't mind signing him under strict conditions and guidelines, especially given the fact that we will probably lose Norman to the Eels, Hoffman is inadequate for the position and we only have an unproven Kahu to fill the spot.

lol if norman gets shafted because of it.

Lol indeed, especially if the Eels are after Dugan too. They'll take any piece of shit off the trash pile.

What's that Corey? No other "offers" on the table? Well, here's a true market value contract for a 3rd year inconsistent half.

Dugan, Maroon and Gold, #1. Make it happen.

from what id read, dugan regretted re-signing with the raiders almost immediately after he did it last year. this whole thing seems to me like his way of getting out of a contract that he didnt want to be in anymore, albeit an immature one.

Not for mine, he is soft, always looking for a way off the park. That is the main reason why he is out of favour with the playing group.

No doubt the culture is terrible at the moment but how does Dugan improve that? All reports suggest the Raiders playing group wanted Dugan gone. It isn't right to get rid of Gagai and then go and sign Dugan. Would be a disaster IMO. All players that are mates with Gagai would be pissed about it IMO.
Gagai needed to be sacked and move to a different city to get his act straight. The same probably applies to Dugan...
They're both youngsters who need to be taken out of their comfort zone and influences to start behaving like professional footballers.

There is nothing wrong with offering a conditional contract to Dugan, under strict guidelines. What would be bad is to allow him to carry on the same way unpunished!

I'll pass.

Hook wouldn't be able to get the best out of him anyway.

Last edited:

from what id read, dugan regretted re-signing with the raiders almost immediately after he did it last year. this whole thing seems to me like his way of getting out of a contract that he didnt want to be in anymore, albeit an immature one.

And that should reflect in any termination/severance payments he seeks from the Raiders, who will (the custom conveniently taken as par for the course by player agents) inturn try to recover from his next club.

It is a definite NO from me. Why bother with the number of guys looking for a backline position?

Not for mine, he is soft, always looking for a way off the park. That is the main reason why he is out of favour with the playing group.

Bingo. The guy fakes injury to skip training apparently. dont need someone like that

he obviously wasnt happy at Canberra though, which is most likely why he would skip training etc.

No thanks. If we are going to sign a player with a troubled past can we make it one with out the injury issues.

Nah, being unhappy had nothing to do with it according to Paul Kent. He is on the outer with the senior playing group because he looks for a way out when things get hard during a game.
He is a talent, no doubt but soft as, I loved when they picked him last year for SoO coz he isn't up to it.

Re: The big Dugan discussion

I reckon by the sounds of it that it comes down to respect. Respect for the club who signed you, for the fans who come out to watch, to your team mates and coach and above all yourself. Not even having the decency to turn up to the meeting is pretty immature regardless how he fells about the coach/club. He just strikes me as a guy who thinks he is bigger and better than most and of course, no one person is bigger than the club. i really don't think he will change his ways coming to a bigger city, bigger fan base and will still cry and moan when it doesn't go his way.

Plus, we have a lot of guys in the back 3 positions juggling already that wouldn't mind a go first. Basically, i reckon we'd be fine without him.

Active Now

• theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.