Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

The players never wanted Dane gone from the club. He still comes back and hangs out with a lot of them.
I can't say the same about Dugan.

The players would probably prefer not to do the 10KM Gap time trial run every preseason too.

Culture? please. The boys are out all the time getting hammered, its called being young. Dugan is talent, something we dont have at FB.

Lets put this in perspective..

1. Dane was never sacked from the club
2. Dane was still welcomed to train with the rest of the boys
3. The coach even told the media he could come back to the club in a couple years
4. Bennett played him pretty much the first week he got to Newcastle

Now compare that to Dugan...

1. Dugan didn't even turn up to the board meeting this morning!!
2. No way in hell Furner would allow Dugan to train with them while he looks for another club
3. No way in hell Furner would allow him back to the club in the future
4. He drinks bloody vodka cruisers FFS!!

Lets put this in perspective..

1. Dane was never sacked from the club
2. Dane was still welcomed to train with the rest of the boys
3. The coach even told the media he could come back to the club in a couple years
4. Bennett played him pretty much the first week he got to Newcastle

Now compare that to Dugan...

1. Dugan didn't even turn up to the board meeting this morning!!
2. No way in hell Furner would allow Dugan to train with them while he looks for another club
3. No way in hell Furner would allow him back to the club in the future
4. He drinks bloody vodka cruisers FFS!!

Let it go FFS. Danes not the alter boy you see him as through your star struck eyes

Let it go FFS. Danes not the alter boy you see him as through your star struck eyes

Funny how your tune change when we want to sign a player from another club. It's all the coaches fault then *rolls his eyes*

But really how much of this is down to him and how much of it is that Furner is a d***. This isnt the first raiders player to act like this and what's to say another coach might not be the same scenario. All this talk going around of deregistering is a bit extreme, I mean the guy had a blowup with his douche coach and drinks cruisers, shameful but hardly deserving of deregistration.

Sorry I don't see the perspective in what you are saying at all Big Dave (but no surprises there...)

Again, who cares what happened with Gagai? Is that the defining moment in all of Broncos history for hwo players should be treated and who should be signed? If so I fear for the future of the club.

Whether or not they sign Dugan, all I ask of the club now and in the future is that they judge free agents on their ability on the field and not character issues which are easily dealt with in contract clauses.

Sorry I don't see the perspective in what you are saying at all Big Dave (but no surprises there...)

Again, who cares what happened with Gagai? Is that the defining moment in all of Broncos history for hwo players should be treated and who should be signed? If so I fear for the future of the club.

Whether or not they sign Dugan, all I ask of the club now and in the future is that they judge free agents on their ability on the field and not character issues which are easily dealt with in contract clauses.

We got rid of a player who did far less but we want to sign player who was a cancer on his club?

From all reports he's a cancer on his club because he hates Dave Furner - I don't recall seeing Dave Furner at Red Hill all that often...

The big Dugan discussion

Okay so I know that he has a bad record and isn't currently broncos material. But his tweets of late show he is committed to changing his ways. I wouldn't mind signing him on a probationary thing where he only plays once he's proven himself capable of behaving. I know at the moment fullback is almost the least of our worries. Although having such a damaging fullback could give the team the needed lift. Do you guys think a leopard can change its spots? Regardless I doubt we could/would outbid the dragons, poor bealy.

From all reports he's a cancer on his club because he hates Dave Furner - I don't recall seeing Dave Furner at Red Hill all that often...

and thats what any club looking to sign him will need to identify.. was it furner specifically or will dugan have problems with the coach wherever he goes? furners had problems with players before this... vidot... low..

talk to most raiders fans and they want furner gone.

dugan probably needs a few older heads around him. ones that command respect. furners not at that level

i dont really care about him or anyone gettin on the piss. they all do, big deal, so do i. this last time was obviously in an effort to p*ss off furner and the club and get cut from the team.

i would still be legitimately surprised if we signed him, and i'm on the fence about it being a good idea.. but we'll see i guess.

Last edited:

and thats what any club looking to sign him will need to identify.. was it furner or was it dugan? furners had problems with players before... vidot... low..

talk to most raiders fans and they want furner gone as well as dugan.
actually the players wanted Dugan gone as well. Since when is not liking the boss an excuse for unprofessional behaviour?

So every player that hates their coach should post pictures up on twitter giving him the finger?

Since when is not liking the boss an excuse for unprofessional behaviour?

its not. he's a complete idiot. but he probably used his brain power to figure out a bender was the quickest way possible to relieve himself of the club.

everyone grows up eventually.. carney.. mason.. all had worse pasts than dugan. all im saying is it would be for whichever club looking to sign him to identify whether it is possible NOW with dugan.

Last edited:

So every player that hates their coach should post pictures up on twitter giving him the finger?

Honestly I couldn't give a shit if any player at the Broncos posted pictures of themselves defecating on a picture of Hook every week as long as they were killing it on the field. I don't see why the club should have a "holier than thou" attitude about this kind of thing when it's clear that there's no room for it in modern rugby league - it's just a fact of life.

its not. he's an idiot. but he probably used his brain to figure out a bender was the quickest way possible to relieve himself of the club.
its a part of a longer pattern of behaviour, not a one off to get out of a contract.

Heard eels are interested now and they could be withdrawing normans contract if they can sign dugan, going to be interesting with the potential conflict of interest since both Dugan and Norman share the same agent. Norman could also be forced to re-sign wiht the club with only expressions of interest in him from penrith and the dragons, who could also be more interested in Dugan now. Either way unless Norman announces his future soon he could be the biggest loser out of the whole thing.

Culture? please. The boys are out all the time getting hammered, its called being young. Dugan is talent, something we dont have at FB.

Panic has well and truly set in if we sign Dugan. Not even that good plus he is injured all the time. Not worth it.

lol if norman gets shafted because of it.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.