Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: thoughts on the idea of dugan at the broncos.

Nah, being unhappy had nothing to do with it according to Paul Kent. He is on the outer with the senior playing group because he looks for a way out when things get hard during a game.

So he will fit straight in at the Broncos.

Re: The big Dugan discussion

Nah don't want him. I think a better plan would be to get rid of the current Broncos coach.. Get Wayne back to Brisbane and he can bring Dane, Boyd, Sims, and Frei back with him. He can also tell Norman and co to fck off as well.

Would take him on a regular price for the rest of the year with an option on an increased deal yearly depending on him hitting certain kpis both on and off the field. He is a talent IMO, a very shaky talent nonetheless but could be very good for us.

Would you take Beale back if the Dragons signs Dugan?

Would you take Beale back if the Dragons signs Dugan?

In a heart-beat.

But as a fullback or centre. I'd like to see Hook back talent a bit more instead of power and technical abilites (eg. dummy half running).

Beale wouldn't make a good centre. He has trouble creating space.. so fullback is his only option.

Beale wouldn't make a good centre. He has trouble creating space.. so fullback is his only option.

In a perfect world, your halves should be creating the space, your centres should be exploiting it IMO.

I'm probably the biggest Dugan fan on this board and even I don't want him at the Broncos after the crap he's been sacked for.

He needs as much space as possible otherwise the defense would just swallow him up. Much like when Boyd played centre. Both need space to do something as they don't have the footwork to trouble the opposition.

Fullback is definitely his best position and my preference but given our stocks in the centres I wouldn't completely dismiss him as an option.

It's a pipe dream really, we won't see him unless things go sour at St. George Illawarra.

Nah, being unhappy had nothing to do with it according to Paul Kent. He is on the outer with the senior playing group because he looks for a way out when things get hard during a game.
He is a talent, no doubt but soft as, I loved when they picked him last year for SoO coz he isn't up to it.

Disagree, he didn't have a bad game from memory I remember him taking a few high kicks and played a part in the Jennings try.

Once again. Get Dugan. 7 month contract contract, if he performs to standards we re-sign him for 3 years, if not he can find another club next year.

Disagree, he didn't have a bad game from memory I remember him taking a few high kicks and played a part in the Jennings try.

He was pretty quiet, put down a kick (every mistake is amplified in that arena) and was caught out of position on a few occasions. Of course there was also that Yow Yeh try. Onus was on B. Morris but Dugan could have fixed it really.

Duggan would be a great acquisition onto a backline that is completely impotent, we need decent players at this club and fast or we will b fighting for the spoon. His track record off the field is completely irrelevant,he is rugby league player for chrissake, it goes with the territory, he is an impact player which is something the Broncos desperately need. As far as double standards concerning Gagai, get over it, getting released is the best thing that has ever happened to Dane, he now plays fulltime at his preferred position under the greatest coach of all time, he wouldn't have any of those things if he was still languishing at Red Hill. Make no mistake, Duggan will be a Bronco and I look forward to it, he may be the boost that this team needs.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

We got rid of a player who did far less but we want to sign player who was a cancer on his club?

That's the difference.

The Raiders let him be a cancer on the club, they did stuff all to stop him.

They were enabling him. They should have stepped in years ago.

They did the same thing with Todd Carney.

Last edited:

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.