Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

Fair point Coxy although I would argue he hasn't shown quite that type of talent and to balance his talent he also has shown disregard for the team and the coach and a softness under the pump. He is not the type of character the Broncos will look at as adding something to the culture.

Our choice most likely would be to stick with Norman at around the 350k mark or buy Dugan at around 500k.

Absolutely. Dugan's attitude is a major worry, and would be a reason to discount his price. Likewise, Norman's good attitude (I hear) would be a reason to invest a bit more than what he's delivered. I certainly realise a player's value is more than just what they can do with a football in their hands - this isn't Super Coach, they're not just statistics.

I'm not comfortable with signing Dugan, but at the same time, I really am concerned about the lack of talent that can change a game or capitalise on opportunities - particularly with Yow Yeh out and doubtful about how good he'll be if he ever gets back. So I think the potential benefit outweighs the risk with Dugan, so I'd be happy to sign him - and put him on notice that we can't accept what he did off the field at Canberra.

The only problem is he will want certainty, not a 1 year deal and see if you can behave. If the Broncos are serious about him we'll have to hitch his wagon for 2 - 3 years to compete with other clubs.

I wouldn't want to commit that kind of cash with that much risk on the basis we won't be any worse off, I'd want to be pretty sure we will be far better off.
That's why you put conditions in the contract, such as certain KPI's that have to be met, as well as clauses about unacceptable behaviour. It really doesn't matter how long the contract is for if there is a justifiable reason to terminate it.
On the other hand, if the player does become successful, it's handy to have him tied-up for a few years!

The big Dugan discussion

Dugan isn't really an X factor unless we are talking about his behaviour.

What I find funny is that most people are appalled at the fact that a bloke who gets on the cruisers and doesn't get on with the coach might be joining the broncs, yet everyone was stoked before the weather stopped GI coming. I don't know about you but I would rather a douche like Dugan than someone who thinks its ok to assault women... I mean 'save them from themselves'

Has Inglis said that he thinks it ok to hit women....?

Actions speak louder than words

Don't bother uttering a bad word about any player that has played State of Origin for QLD mate. It is only going to have Mr Fourex frothing at the mouth.

Oh......I see. So it's just something you dreamed up on your own.

Noted.

All I'm saying is he belted his missus, people would be pretty naive to believe his version of events. All I was trying to say if we are talking about people's off field behaviour etc he would be more of a concern for me

Don't bother uttering a bad word about any player that has played State of Origin for QLD mate. It is only going to have Mr Fourex frothing at the mouth.

Ill keep that in mind mate :)

As opposed to celebrating long term injuries on QLD players or spreading scurrilous slander .......like you and your mates do?

Scurrilous is a cool word.

All I'm saying is he belted his missus, people would be pretty naive to believe his version of events. All I was trying to say if we are talking about people's off field behaviour etc he would be more of a concern for me

Well .......that's certainly a toned down version of this outrageous statement of yours earlier......."someone who thinks its ok to assault women".

I'm glad my objections enabled you to type something sensible.

FTR ....I'd have Inglis in a second. Only a fool wouldn't .....

I wasn't there when the incident occurred with his GF and either were you. Maybe you're best saving your judgements towards a subject you might actually know something about.

Well .......that's certainly a toned down version of this outrageous statement of yours earlier......."someone who thinks its ok to assault women".

I'm glad my objections enabled you to type something sensible.

FTR ....I'd have Inglis in a second. Only a fool wouldn't .....

I wasn't there when the incident occurred with his GF and either were you. Maybe you're best saving your judgements towards a subject you might actually know something about.

Look whatever mate

As opposed to celebrating long term injuries on QLD players or spreading scurrilous slander .......like you and your mates do?

I don't celebrate them I just hope they get their share instead of the team I support all year getting all the long term injuries to key players. Not sure what rumours you think I have been spreading.

I don't celebrate them I just hope they get their share instead of the team I support all year getting all the long term injuries to key players. Not sure what rumours you think I have been spreading.

No ....I only have you pegged as someone who celebrates injuries

Not a rumour monger / liar.

That part was directed at B4L

Active Now

• the_next
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.