Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

This is a Josh Dugan thread not Billy Slater thread. Seriously overrated this Dugan bloke is.

Which makes AP's statement that he'd be our most talented player quite alarming (because he's right, apart from Hodges IMO).

Who in the broncos team is better? Hodges maybe, and he gives Dugan a run for his money in time spent off the field injured. I don't know when it happened, but I look at our team now and from an attacking point of view it's just.....blegh.

The big Dugan discussion

Which Josh Dugan have you lot been watching? $650k seriously this is a gee up surely. He is good but there is a lot of fullbacks a head of him in the comp.

Which Josh Dugan have you lot been watching? $650k seriously this is a gee up surely. He is good but there is a lot of fullbacks a head of him in the comp.

Norman and Hoffman aren't 2 of them.

The big Dugan discussion

Who in the broncos team is better? Hodges maybe, and he gives Dugan a run for his money in time spent off the field injured. I don't know when it happened, but I look at our team now and from an attacking point of view it's just.....blegh.

You whinge about Hodges being overpaid and injury prone but are happy to sign Dugan. Oh so hypocritical of you. Some of your best work.

Which fullbacks do you list ahead of Dugan?
On a good day Dugan is arguably top 3 material for fullbacks, he's fucking great in form. He may have been average in his most recent games but that's because he clearly didn't want to be there.

Which fullbacks do you list ahead of Dugan?
On a good day Dugan is arguably top 3 material for fullbacks, he's ****ing great in form. He may have been average in his most recent games but that's because he clearly didn't want to be there.

Just 3? Easy..

Slater, Barba, Stewart, Boyd

The big Dugan discussion

Just 3? Easy..

Slater, Barba, Stewart, Boyd

Plus Inglis, Hayne and Bowen.

Top 3 lets get fair dinkum here. I know we are desperate for talent but lets not go throwing 650K at a bloke with a massive attitude problem and is injury prone.

Happy if we get him but at a reasonable price and with strict behavioural guidelines

I wouldn't mind at full strength seeing something like

1. Dugan
2. Hoffman
3. Copely
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Prince
7. Hunt

Fingers crossed Yow Yeh comes back.

I wouldn't mind at full strength seeing something like

1. Dugan
2. Hoffman
3. Copely
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Prince
7. Hunt

Fingers crossed Yow Yeh comes back.

That's a fair back line! Unfortunately won't be seeing Copley back until late this season at best I reckon, and probably same for Yow Yeh.

You whinge about Hodges being overpaid and injury prone but are happy to sign Dugan. Oh so hypocritical of you. Some of your best work.
We haven't paid Dugan $300k+ for going on 10 years to play 10 games a year for us.

oh and Boyd is better than Dugan? Lol. Both at their best I'd put Dugan well above Boyd. As bad a year as Dugan may have had last year, boyd's was worse. He was pathetic nearly all year.

Last edited:

We haven't paid Dugan $300k+ for going on 10 years to play 10 games a year for us.

oh and Boyd is better than Dugan? Lol. Both at their best I'd put Dugan well above Boyd. As bad a year as Dugan may have had last year, boyd's was worse. He was pathetic nearly all year.

At their best Dugan is above Boyd... However Boyd is at his best a lot more than Dugan.

Can we just pay him not to play us?

Generally goes well against us the bugger!

Both B. Stewart & Boyd would make for interesting comparisons.

Here's my take...

B. Stewart - A better fullback technically as he knows how to position himself, generally one of the safest at the back both under the high ball and in defence. Provides both good support play and good play-making skills. Not as good with kick returns and not as strong. Speed comparisons would be interesting, I reckon they'd be even. Dugan has a better boot on him and can goal kick if need be.

D. Boyd - Better positionally and in terms of being able to read a game I don't think there's anybody better. One of the best ball-playing fullbacks in the game and you could argue all time. However, he's not the athlete of Dugan. Dugan is faster and stronger, probably has better support play too [citation needed].

I mean, if you were to compare based on careers now, both Stewart and Boyd are easily on another level to Dugan but the key here is to measure them as prospects. I'm not kidding when I thought Dugan had the potential to dislodge Slater as the best fullback in the game. Truly is a testament to Billy's competitive nature that he's still on top of that list as we kick off 2013. I reckon the only person who is a hope of beating him is GI and it won't count for anything since GI is so talented and versatile he can play anywhere from 1-6.

The big Dugan discussion

Well if we do sign him I hope he turns into the player you lot thinks he is. He is injured a lot though.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Rambstien
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lozza
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.