Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

i rate darius boyd, but i think calling him one of the best ball playing fullbacks of all time is over exaggerating a fair bit. he can do the second man play, but thats about it.

As much as my brain tells me that Dugan coming to our club would be a bad idea, i can't also help but feel that we need every little bit of help we can at the moment.

offsiders yesterday said we offered dugan 650... is this true??

i get the feeling we wont get dugan and we'll give norman 350-400k to stay (not saying this is the right decision).

I think the Dragons offered him 600K

Both B. Stewart & Boyd would make for interesting comparisons.

Here's my take...

B. Stewart - A better fullback technically as he knows how to position himself, generally one of the safest at the back both under the high ball and in defence. Provides both good support play and good play-making skills. Not as good with kick returns and not as strong. Speed comparisons would be interesting, I reckon they'd be even. Dugan has a better boot on him and can goal kick if need be.

D. Boyd - Better positionally and in terms of being able to read a game I don't think there's anybody better. One of the best ball-playing fullbacks in the game and you could argue all time. However, he's not the athlete of Dugan. Dugan is faster and stronger, probably has better support play too [citation needed].

I mean, if you were to compare based on careers now, both Stewart and Boyd are easily on another level to Dugan but the key here is to measure them as prospects. I'm not kidding when I thought Dugan had the potential to dislodge Slater as the best fullback in the game. Truly is a testament to Billy's competitive nature that he's still on top of that list as we kick off 2013. I reckon the only person who is a hope of beating him is GI and it won't count for anything since GI is so talented and versatile he can play anywhere from 1-6.

Dugan isn't quick. I would back Boyd in a foot race any day

Dugan isn't quick. I would back Boyd in a foot race any day
did you watch the vid i posted before? hes quick. you dont score length of the field tries without being quick.

Isn't the relevant question name 3 current fullbacks at the Broncos are better than Dugan?

Or even better, name 3 fullbacks on the market better than Dugan?

Or even one better, name 3 players off contract at the end of 2013 better than Dugan?

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/

He's definitely premium but buying some bigger forwards would be my first roster priority as Broncos CEO.

Isn't the relevant question name 3 current fullbacks at the Broncos are better than Dugan?

Or even better, name 3 fullbacks on the market better than Dugan?

Or even one better, name 3 players off contract at the end of 2013 better than Dugan?
exactly.

who cares if slater is better than dugan when theres 0% chance of slater coming to the broncos? Dugan is available, hes better than any of our options, and hes better value for money than what our other option wants.

the broncos problem since Lockyer left has been scoring points. we just cant do it. wallace cant get the team across the line regularly enough. we need someone who has some spark in attack, and dugan has it in spades. at the moment, if our halves dont fire then its all on hodges, and as a centre he doesnt get the ball enough or with enough room to do it. dugan at fullback would.

did you watch the vid i posted before? hes quick. you dont score length of the field tries without being quick.

I watch a lot of Raiders game due to my trading. Not just the highlights. He gets chased down a lot.
I bet you 5k that Boyd is quicker than him over 40m or 100m.

5k worth of Gagai paraphernalia lol

5k worth of Gagai paraphernalia lol

Big Dave: "here is some used toilet paper I stole from his bathroom stall when he wasn't looking, it will kill me to part with it from underneath my pillow but it is worth at least 5k

Just had a quick look at the video. About what time in the video he runs the length to score? I can't find it.
The only time I remember him running the length when he was out on the wing and he got an intercept.

Big Dave: "here is some used toilet paper I stole from his bathroom stall when he wasn't looking, it will kill me to part with it from underneath my pillow but it is worth at least 5k

Mods can you deal with this fella. I'm sick and tired of him ruining the threads for everyone.

Mods can you deal with this fella. I'm sick and tired of him ruining the threads for everyone.

Wow hypocritical much? Your such a big man running to the mods

Just had a quick look at the video. About what time in the video he runs the length to score? I can't find it.
The only time I remember him running the length when he was out on the wing and he got an intercept.

wait on.....

so you ask me to find the part where he runs the length to score because you cant find it, but then you say the only time you remember it is when he does it via an intercept.......which is in the video.........that you cant find any length of the field runs in........?

theres this one too - 85m kick return is usually considered "length of the field": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nxWeE9-hqL0#t=227s

Active Now

• john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Griffo
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.