Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: The big Dugan discussion

3 year deal.. Wow that is big money.

thats a seriously conflicting report on what we are going to pay him.

thats a seriously conflicting report on what we are going to pay him.

I would hope so. That would make him our highest paid player and that just ain't right IMO.

Hmmm a reporter from the Canberra times, seems legit.

I'm positive that he would be able to garner this scoop before any of the major newspapers/journalists

That seems like excessive money at first look, but frankly I'm fine with it. He certainly doesn't deserve it but here's how I see it:

Pay Norman 400k to keep him
Pay Dugan 666k to sign him and let Norman go

Dugan is 3x the player Norman will ever be and we are getting him for less than 2x the price.

Mind you, it's at odds with this from Dan Koch in the Australian today:
" While the struggling Dragons remain desperate to lure Dugan to Wollongong, The Weekend Australian understands this week's visit to Broncos HQ convinced the 22-year-old Origin representative his future lay in Brisbane.It is understood Broncos boss Paul White, coach Anthony Griffin and football manager Andrew Gee were impressed with Dugan's honesty and attitude during talks.
His acceptance of a pay cut of close to 50 per cent is also said to have won Dugan favour with the Broncos hierarchy."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...m-being-a-bronco/story-fnca0von-1226609191589

Last edited:

Hmmm a reporter from the Canberra times, seems legit.

I'm positive that he would be able to garner this scoop before any of the major newspapers/journalists

I'm hoping it's bullshit because if it's true, then White and Griffin have lost their marbles.

Doesn't matter how good he is, anything over $600k is just rewarding his stupid and childish behaviour in Canberra. And it'll do bugger all for team morale.

@Lee_Gaskin1: Reports that sacked Raiders star Josh Dugan on verge of signing a $2 million, three-year deal with the Broncos, but NRL to approve first.

Gaskin is a reporter for the Canberra Times.
'Reports' are hoopers article in the tele tomorrow. It's not the figure i heard.

I think the Canberra guy is talking out his a***. There is no way he could know more than someone with the resources that Koch would have at his disposal. To me it seems like he is just trying to put on a story his locals would want to read. No Canberra supportor would want to read there superstar screwed the club and now wants to play for a rival for half the price

The figure is a lot lot lot more than 2 million

You have to keep in mind why he and his manager have to meet with schubert to scrutinise the deal.

What's your source Big Dave?

I honestly don't believe anything Big Dave posts.

The Raiders can't be serious in wanting the NRL to sanction Dugan.

He hasn't broken any criminal laws

Active Now

• Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.