Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

It was bloody obvious that a few players weren't giving their all last season. At least hoffman had the guts to own up.

He was playing busted as well.

He is great on the wing, Doesn't fix the fullback issue.

Griffin, take a chance on Bond now! **** it throw him in and let's go.

Definitely still leaves us with a fullback spot to fill, as for Bond I'd like to see him given a shot but can't see it happening without something major forcing Griffin's hand.

It's defintely all Hoffmans fault. No blame lies with Dugan at all.

FWIW too, I really wonder if those "I didn't try late last year" comments may have been taken out of context. If you play in a team that ended the season like the broncos did last year, I'm sure it's only natural to wonder if you could have done a little more. Given how Hoffman has performed early on this season, I'd say only one of him and Dugan has learnt from their past mistakes.

And it certainly isn't Dugan that has learnt.

We should've went all out for Farah or Thurston when they were off contract. I don't think there's any marquee players who are off contract anymore.

That being said, I'd really like Sam Tomkins, he looks like an amazing player.

Stuff culture....we want to win....about time we decided if we want to be a footy team or a church convention.....ultimate its proffesional football....winning is the only thing that counts...

This is why I wasn't in favour of signing this twat from the start. Better it happened now, because it was always going to happen.

This little boy needs to grow up and learn if you want to be payed like a professional you have to act like one. Go and be a bogan somewhere else.

I wonder if St Merge will pick him up now or if no one else will sign him this year.

Fuaaaaaaark.

Cancelling a done deal for the absolute best off contract player, and the best player signing the broncos have made since, well, ever, because he has a go at some randoms on twitter after they antagonise him....... Guess the last thing this idiotic football club cares about is being a competitive football club.

Better clear out some room in the trophy cabinet, might be adding some wood-ware to it pretty soon.

Fuaaaaaaark.

Cancelling a done deal for the absolute best off contract player, and the best player signing the broncos have made since, well, ever, because he has a go at some randoms on twitter after they antagonise him....... Guess the last thing this idiotic football club cares about is being a competitive football club.

Better clear out some room in the trophy cabinet, might be adding some wood-ware to it pretty soon.

You've got it mate. I wouldn't say idiotic but I'd say that they need to realise that sometimes you to recognize the what what your doing isn't working. Norman ought to be dropped immediately (no point in promoting him. He's going somewhere else. He can play q cup). Wallace hasn't played well for a few years. Neither has hannant. Clear out the dead wood, sign some players and see how we go. Can't see us being competitive with the current playing roster.

How stupid can one be... seriously? :cursing:

I really wanted his talent at the club, but if you can't contain your "inner-bogan" during the contract talks that might save your career, you're beyond redemption.

Widdop and Tomkins anyone?

Does anyone know whether transfer fees for English Super League clubs count towards the cap?

You've got it mate. I wouldn't say idiotic but I'd say that they need to realise that sometimes you to recognize the what what your doing isn't working. Norman ought to be dropped immediately (no point in promoting him. He's going somewhere else. He can play q cup). Wallace hasn't played well for a few years. Neither has hannant. Clear out the dead wood, sign some players and see how we go. Can't see us being competitive with the current playing roster.
I'm guessing you didnt watch our match on friday night or the game against the dragons??

Long term, do the positives of signing Dugan really outweigh the negatives? It's ok to say that on field performances are the be all and end all, but to a lot of other people (sponsors, mum and dad fans etc), I think the culture of the club means more.

While some may see it as just a harmless twitter dust up, if Dugan couldn't seriously pull his head in until he signed a new deal, imo it shows he just loves to snub authority, and what makes anyone thinks his sentiments would be any different when his new coach or team mates ask him to do something? There have been a lot of players play up at different clubs in the past, but how many times when that has happened have their own team mates not even supported them. That says a lot about Dugan.

I think he'd end up being more harm than good at the Bronocs, good on field performances or not.

Last edited:

I was against signing Dugan at first but I did come around to the idea and I have no idea why this latest outburst would make them change there mind...

I'm guessing you didnt watch our match on friday night or the game against the dragons??
1-2 good games doesn't make up for 5+ years of rubbish. That line of thinking is why we're stuck with a dead end roster. Play a good game once a year, resign them for top dollar because "they were world beaters in that one game".

I give up with Broncos management, we will avoid signing good players but keep giving a million chances to guys that came through the ranks :( I just hope they get it right somehow.

I give up with Broncos management, we will avoid signing good players but keep giving a million chances to guys that came through the ranks :( I just hope they get it right somehow.

Not completely true. Wallace didn't come through the ranks and he gets two million chances!

1-2 good games doesn't make up for 5+ years of rubbish. That line of thinking is why we're stuck with a dead end roster. Play a good game once a year, resign them for top dollar because "they were world beaters in that one game".
Hannant was one of our best forwards at the start of last year...

Hannant was one of our best forwards at the start of last year...
Firstly, "one of our best" doesn't mean much.
Secondly, for his price he should be our best.
Thirdly, what about the rest of the year? What about the year before that? Or the one before?

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.