Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

Firstly, "one of our best" doesn't mean much.
Secondly, for his price he should be our best.
Thirdly, what about the rest of the year? What about the year before that? Or the one before?
Lol i'm not arguing about his Contract and if he's worth whatever hes playing on atm, i'm just saying he has had some standout games in the last few years

Can understand a lot of folks' disappointment re this Dugan deal falling through but the broncos, and every team for that matter is better off without a loose cannon like him... You might choose to only look as far as his football deeds and think 'sh*t, what is brisbane doing??' but guys like Dugan are cancerous on a playing group in any professional sport... Sure the broncos need to get their asses in gear in terms of quality recruits and they've definitely dropped the ball in that regard over the last however long, but they're 110% spot on in this instance walking away from this mug.

Long term, do the positives of signing Dugan really outweigh the negatives? It's ok to say that on field performances are the be all and end all, but to a lot of other people (sponsors, mum and dad fans etc), I think the culture of the club means more.

While some may see it as just a harmless twitter dust up, if Dugan couldn't seriously pull his head in until he signed a new deal, imo it shows he just loves to snub authority, and what makes anyone thinks his sentiments would be any different when his new coach or team mates ask him to do something? There have been a lot of players play up at different clubs in the past, but how many times when that has happened have their own team mates not even supported them. That says a lot about Dugan.

I think he'd end up being more harm than good at the Bronocs, good on field performances or not.

People follow winners. Simple. If your not winning your not A success and sponsors and fans don't show up. Culture doesn't bring in dollars. The broncos no longer stand for success. They don't even stand for culture (what about thr drinking incident before the semi wih the storm in 08).

A
I'm guessing you didnt watch our match on friday night or the game against the dragons??

Watch them all. Stand by my comments. It's just one man's opinion. I don't have the answers. Just opinions.

People follow winners. Simple. If your not winning your not A success and sponsors and fans don't show up. Culture doesn't bring in dollars. The broncos no longer stand for success. They don't even stand for culture (what about thr drinking incident before the semi wih the storm in 08).

What a lot of folks just don't get is that loose cannons like this guy can destroy so much of what a successful team is about... Believe me I've seen it so often in all sports that when a bad influence is cut - even if he's a marquee player - the rest of the playing group suddenly functions a lot better

Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

Agree to an extent. Broncos try to operate more like a brand than a sporting team. Trying so hard to be about being a Queensland team who only use juniors.

Then they let pride get in the way of our best junior, realized the other ones aren't top shelf and then tried to sacrifice their ill conceived pride to sign Dugan, changed their mind and now have neither.

Yep, and not denying for a second that they've been tur'ble in terms of recruiting overall, but theyre much better off long term passing on Dugan

Agree to an extent. Broncos try to operate more like a brand than a sporting team. Trying so hard to be about being a Queensland team who only use juniors.

Then they let pride get in the way of our best junior, realized the other ones aren't top shelf and then tried to sacrifice their ill conceived pride to sign Dugan, changed their mind and now have neither.

They need to find a balance because they are swinging too far towards the QLD only side. I love that we try to back our juniors in most of the time but some times the options are sign players from elsewhere or lose a lot.

The fact the Broncos got this far negotiating with him shows they were willing to compromise. That this bogan retard couldn't keep his fingers out of social media 2 days before finalising the deal shows how big a waste he is.

In one day we've gone from a photoshopped pic of him in Broncos gear to realising that he really is the idiot that some have been suggesting all along.
So ... what now ? ... anyone ... anyone ...

In one day we've gone from a photoshopped pic of him in Broncos gear to realising that he really is the idiot that some have been suggesting all along.
So ... what now ? ... anyone ... anyone ...

Prepare for a season and a half of mediocrity.

If our management were smart, they would try and front end all the key players of the future, allowing us a lot of cap space for 2015 onwards. I know that's illegal in the NFL, but pretty sure it's still permissable in the NRL?

Anonymous and Alec why do you continually bag bronco forwards especially Hannant and Gillett or any other player who does not play the perfect game you think they must play every week? Are you even Bronco supporters? Have you ever been to a Broncos game? Your repeated negative comments makes me think you have never played the game? You must be an extreme pesimist!!

Anonymous and Alec why do you continually bag bronco forwards especially Hannant and Gillett or any other player who does not play the perfect game you think they must play every week? Are you even Bronco supporters? Have you ever been to a Broncos game? Your repeated negative comments makes me think you have never played the game? You must be an extreme pesimist!!

I like this guy!

5317380.jpg

I can't get my head around the Hannant hate at all TBH. He has his bad games like all the players have at the Broncos but he is a quality prop without a doubt IMO.

Well...that escalated quickly.

I've made my thoughts clear but gee I hope the club realises that our situation in the backs is dire and that we desperately need to recruit somebody there.

Look at our current casualty ward: Yow Yeh, Hodges, Hoffman, Copley, Kemp, Whitchurch.

It's ridiculous.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.