Josh Hoffman signs 3 year deal with Titans

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Re: Josh Hoffman to negotiate with other clubs

I feel really stupid reading all of those comments on facebook.

Apparently Boyd is old and Hoffman has a lot more years left in him. He is one year younger than Boyd FFS!

Honestly, I've been watching a lot of old games of Boyd and I'm starting to warm to the idea of him playing at fullback. If we can get the best out of him, I would be fine with having him back there..

However, I have a feeling his dramas in his personal life will affect him next year, as well.

I wouldn't be expecting much from him next year if he comes.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

We should have let him go last year so we could have signed Moga

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Some people don't want Gagai because he can't defend. Meanwhile Moga is actually even worse defensively.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

I would be a bit disappointed if he left. He is a solid player with something to offer and was very effective on the wing. Assuming Boyd plays fullback our wingers would be Vidot who has cemented his spot and the other spot would be contested between Reed, Copley, Maranta and Kahu and I would take Hoffman on the wing ahead of these guys.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I would be a bit disappointed if he left. He is a solid player with something to offer and was very effective on the wing. Assuming Boyd plays fullback our wingers would be Vidot who has cemented his spot and the other spot would be contested between Reed, Copley, Maranta and Kahu and I would take Hoffman on the wing ahead of these guys.

You make a good point there, and i agree with your thoughts.

Hoffman is a good winger...better than most we have, but i think he has his sights set on the fullback role and we all know he has buckleys of getting that here now.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

You make a good point there, and i agree with your thoughts.

Hoffman is a good winger...better than most we have, but i think he has his sights set on the fullback role and we all know he has buckleys of getting that here now.

Better than most? That's a bit of an understatement. :p

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Negotiate....?

Play wing or **** off Josh.

That's my final offer.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

Play wing or **** off Josh.

That's my final offer.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Pity he just can't be happy on the wing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

There'll come a point when he gets shunted to the wing at the Raiders, where he'll regret not staying with us and accepting he could be one of the best wingers in the game.

I guess he'll just have to console himself with truck loads of money sticky will be throwing at him

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

We need this guy at the negotiations.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

You wanna play fullback for me? Okay you can play fullback for me! Say hello to my little friend! You want more? well pass the ball already you cockroach.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Or maybe just straight to the point

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

:laugh: good stuff guys.

I reckon we can all admit that Hoffman is a good club player. He always seems to represent himself well off the field and plays the game hard but fair. I think that's why we're all so disappointed he's chosen not to stick around and play a role where he could actually be quite useful and instead decide head elsewhere.

I'll miss having him around the club if he chooses to leave and wish him well.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013

There'll come a point when he gets shunted to the wing at the Raiders, where he'll regret not staying with us and accepting he could be one of the best wingers in the game.

I guess he'll just have to console himself with truck loads of money sticky will be throwing at him
If he does join the Raiders he should only play wing, 1. Wighton 2. Waqa 3. Croker 4. E Lee 5. Hoffman

Raiders fans are torn, almost unanimous that Wighton will be a better fullback but some don't want to weaken the centres by moving him.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.