Josh Hoffman signs 3 year deal with Titans

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Re: Josh Hoffman to negotiate with other clubs

Happy for him to go as long as we don't have to cover him in the cap at all. I would be very happy to swap him for Boyd if Boyd was on the wing, I want Barba in the run on side.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013

Imo we need to change things up. The spine hasn't done the job in the past 3 or 4 years. Even longer. With Boyd... Milford and Hunt...Macca in the spine... It would be exciting times ahead.. J.Nikorima at 14

UKBronco1989

UKBronco1989

Sep 7, 2014

He's not going to be a huge loss, particularly if Boyd does come. Best of luck to him, hopefully he'll be smart enough to tell Ricky Stuart where to go.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Imo we need to change things up. The spine hasn't done the job in the past 3 or 4 years. Even longer. With Boyd... Milford and Hunt...Macca in the spine... It would be exciting times ahead.. J.Nikorima at 14 

say it with me ... Boyd should only play on the wing ...

what is it with so many players these days thinking wing is beneath them (and i'm not saying Boyd thinks this). just ask Yow Yeh what he thinks of being wing ... hell, i'm sure if he was able to get on the field again, he'd play prop if we wanted him to, just so he got another game.

With a Hunt, Milford and potentially Barba in the spine, we could use some quality finishers on the wings. and that is exactly what Boyd and Hoffman are, but they're not play makers, which the modern fullback has become.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013

say it with me ... Boyd should only play on the wing ...

what is it with so many players these days thinking wing is beneath them (and i'm not saying Boyd thinks this). just ask Yow Yeh what he thinks of being wing ... hell, i'm sure if he was able to get on the field again, he'd play prop if we wanted him to, just so he got another game.

With a Hunt, Milford and potentially Barba in the spine, we could use some quality finishers on the wings. and that is exactly what Boyd and Hoffman are, but they're not play makers, which the modern fullback has become.

You had to bring yow yeh into this instant sadness, that's so true though and it's guys like him and Ben Hunt who spent years on the bench without a peep, they set a standard of commitment and sacrifice that makes Hoffman look so selfish to us

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I actually saw someone on the Broncos facebook today say something along the lines of -

"Why do we need Milford and Boyd?.. We have Barba and Hoffman!"

yNen4e9.gif

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I actually saw someone on the Broncos facebook today say something along the lines of -

"Why do we need Milford and Boyd?.. We have Barba and Hoffman!"

yNen4e9.gif

I agree that Boyd is surplus to requirements ... but Milford is arguably the most important signing we have made in years

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Hoffman will make a good Fullback in Canberra.

Hoffman won't make a good fullback anywhere whe he has to ball play or get heavily involved in attack, and he probably likes those positions because he thinks he CAN do that. Thus he wouldn't really be a good fullback anywhere.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Well I'm at least a bit sad. I'll maintain I liked him from his debut, where he really looked the goods. Filling in for Hunt, he was full of confidence, had a lethal running game, and was as safe as houses. He was never going to be a slick ball-player, and the only reason we needed him to be one was because we haven't had a proper halves pairing since Lockyer retired. That's not really his fault, and I don't prescribe to the "your fullback needs to be a third half" argument. While it's great to have, I would trade it for safety any day of the week.

In saying that, his attitude went south very quick as soon as he got a bit of external pumping-up in his ear. Which was a shame. I'll be sorry to see him go, not because we specifically need him, but because he's a victim of circumstance and in another world he could have been a 12 - 14 year Bronco stalwart.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Rumors say Stuart will offer Hoffman 600k a season ... double what his on with us.

I just looked it up and it seems like Ricky might be keen to have a chat

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I just looked it up and it seems like Ricky might be keen to have a chat

The CM is saying that the Raiders are going to table a $1 million plus package for Hoffman (600k on cap) ...

and you know the funny thing, Stuart and Furner will think they're getting one up on us.

We get Milford for 450k covered under the cap ... they get Hoffman for 600k covered under the cap ... WE WIN IN A LANDSLIDE :takdir:

Error Page

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I just hope he succeeds wherever he goes as i kinda like him as a player .... runs hard, gives his all.

He's not the playmaker Hook wanted him to be, but that's not his fault.....he should never have been given the 5/8 spot IMO.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

I hope he ends up at the Bulldogs. The Raiders are a fucking graveyard and killer of talent.

I'm sure he could fill Sam Perrett's role and excel behind Graham, Hodgkinson and *shudders* Reynolds.

And Hoffy has had a rough trot at the Broncos. 2011, he and Yow Yeh came out like they'd been in the gym all off season and were just explosive on kick returns and breaking tackles. Injured, replaced by Beale and then the whole blame everything on Hoffman (when it was the talentless Corey Norman who was always the issue) saga because he made an off comment about not putting in 100%.

He's been good for us. But I dunno where he fits if Boyd comes along, which looks dead set certainty.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

I just hope he doesn't go somewhere and get put on the wing and dominate......he could do that for us.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Well I'm at least a bit sad. I'll maintain I liked him from his debut, where he really looked the goods. Filling in for Hunt, he was full of confidence, had a lethal running game, and was as safe as houses. He was never going to be a slick ball-player, and the only reason we needed him to be one was because we haven't had a proper halves pairing since Lockyer retired. That's not really his fault, and I don't prescribe to the "your fullback needs to be a third half" argument. While it's great to have, I would trade it for safety any day of the week.

In saying that, his attitude went south very quick as soon as he got a bit of external pumping-up in his ear. Which was a shame. I'll be sorry to see him go, not because we specifically need him, but because he's a victim of circumstance and in another world he could have been a 12 - 14 year Bronco stalwart.

I too have always been a fan of Hoffman and while I don't think a fullback has to be a 'third half', they do have to have some ability to pass the ball, otherwise they are just too predictable. Hoffmans problem is that he either has never worked on that part of his game or he just doesn't have the ability, but either way it greatly affects his game at fullback. Oppositions learnt fast that he flat out won't pass the ball so it becomes near impossible to fool them with your running game because they know that is all you are going to do

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I just hope he doesn't go somewhere and get put on the wing and dominate......he could do that for us.

And this is what disappoints me the most, because I can already see what will happen.

1. He signs somewhere that guarantees him fullback.
2. After half a season it will be apparent that he can't cut it there
3. He is moved to the wing/centre to 'cover the position' but then remains there
4. Realises that he is out of options to play fullback, puts his head down and becomes the awesome winger that everyone except hoffman and hoffman fangirls know he can be
5. Becomes one of the best finishers in the game for some other **** of a team

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

And this is what disappoints me the most, because I can already see what will happen.

1. He signs somewhere that guarantees him fullback.
2. After half a season it will be apparent that he can't cut it there
3. He is moved to the wing/centre to 'cover the position' but then remains there
4. Realises that he is out of options to play fullback, puts his head down and becomes the awesome winger that everyone except hoffman and hoffman fangirls know he can be
5. Becomes one of the best finishers in the game for some other **** of a team

Perrett doesn't pass the ball.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • whykickamoocow
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • sooticus
  • DMZ
  • Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • Mister Wright
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.