Josh Hoffman

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Here is food for thought. If Hoffman is named this weekend for the trial game is that an idication that the Broncos wont release Hoffman or he hasnt asked for a release...?

I think they will play him and all it shows is they are going to play hard ball IMHO

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That article really paints it as if Hoffman and Hook have the issues. Maybe there is a bit of a wait and see on Hook over the first handful of rounds. If Hook gets hooked, Hoffman might give it a crack under a new coach?

Unless that new coach reinstates him as fullback, no he won't. The issues with the coach revolve around the fact that he won't let him play fullback. It's like a child wanting a lolly and when dad says no, says I hate you... except a child eventually gets over it

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The reasoning is ridiculous, releasing him is still going to benefit our opposition, whether he plays against us or not.

I don't see him getting a release this year, the club is under pressure to improve on last year and they arent going to be releasing the guy that scored us 14-odd tries last season. With Hodges coming back from injury and Barba still having issues with his ankle, releasing him is a luxury we cant afford atm.

The only reason hogan is ramping things up now is because with the season about to start he knows he will have little hope of getting him a release mid-season.

I think thats an excellent put about why hogan is ramping it up. I also think he's ramping it up because the bulldogs and cowboys are currently the only ones that would take him. Those teams also arent going to wait 2 years, or even a year to solve their fullback issues. So Hogan knows thatif he doesn't get his client there now Hoffman's dreams of being a fullback will have disappeared

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
cowboys couldnt have a whole lot of money to spend anyway.. weren't they struggling to retain the players that they ended up keeping? (tamou + scott)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Like I said before. If he cared about the team and his team mates he wouldnt care where he played in the team as long as he was named. IMO he is being selfish and arrogant.

There has to be a truth to the rumour he wants out. If I was an elite athlete playing for the Broncos and I was happy where I was and my manager went to the media and said I wasnt then I'd be cutting ties with my manager straight away and making my own statement to confirm my manager was full of shit. The fact that we havent heard from Hoffman denying the rumours makes be believe 100% that they are true.

I was defending Hoffman more than anyone on here ... but that was because all articles on the subject contained ZERO direct quotes from Hoffman or his manager.

Now, i am of the belief that he really wants to go ... manager's speak for their clients, so even though Hoffman hasn't personally said anything publicly about wanting a release, he effectively has since his manager said it for him. any manager that speaks to the press about a clients wishes, falsely, is just asking for his services to be terminated.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'll bet Hoffman and his manager are now really regretting the straight swap proposal that was put to them in August. if they had have accepted the straight swap proposal with Barba ... Hoffman would be a bulldog right now

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I'll bet Hoffman and his manager are now really regretting the straight swap proposal that was put to them in August. if they had have accepted the straight swap proposal with Barba ... Hoffman would be a bulldog right now

hogans comments at the time are interesting compared to what they are now

“Josh wants to stay, he’s a good club man and we won’t be asking for a release if Barba comes to the club,” Hoffman’s manager Paul Hogan said.
“In an ideal world, Josh would play fullback but he has his heart set on playing 100 games for the Broncos.
“He is pretty settled at the moment in Brisbane, he and his partner have just had a baby.
“When he comes back from the World Cup (in November), we will know exactly what’s happening with the Barba stuff and the Anthony Milford situation.
“But Josh is due to get a pay rise and the Broncos have treated him well in that regard ... it would be an upgrade well deserved with the way he’s playing.”

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
If you get a chance, check out Jarrod Wallace's Instagram. (Jarrodwallace8) Really looks like a fractured outfit ...
and JYY is a bloody pest!

R

rogerwilco

BRL Player
Jul 30, 2013
Josh has personally asked for a release, despite what the Broncos are saying. I doubt you will hear come out and say that himself however. Josh is important to the Broncos this year, but things change (everyone is divided on this one). Maybe Milford gets an early release?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
"Fullback is his preferred position but I don't think he would look out of place in a six jersey."

I had to laugh at that comment by Reed. A 5/8 needs some kind of ball skills. WTF does Hoffman have?

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
its not reeds job to pick the team. he's just answering media questions. he's not going to say "oh, no, hoffman shouldnt be a fullback or a five-eighth"

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • Kev_Guz
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.