Josh McGuire signs with Cowboys - Immediate Switch

Signature updated

giphy.gif

Hopefully we can sign a new player with a contentiously-spelled name.

Or just promote from within!

Funaki (Funarki, Foonaki)
Savelio (Savellio, Sevelio)
Shibasaki (Shibesaki, Teriyaki)

Hopefully we can sign a new player with a contentiously-spelled name.

Or just promote from within!

Funaki (Funarki, Foonaki)
Savelio (Savellio, Sevelio)
Shibasaki (Shibesaki, Teriyaki)

Funkai is no longer with us I’m pretty sure.

I'm disappointed, he's one of my favourites. Not many play with his passion.

I can live with it if it helps us retain TPJ long term though, though I see Offa filling McGuire's role more directly.

So,Hass to lock then. He does have the motor for it by all accounts. If moose goes we'll need Gillo's experience even more. Wonder if it had anything to do with the 'rat' episode.

Yep that and some off way off the mark prankster stuff I've heard about. Been on the nose for a while and I think they'll be fairly pleased to offload him.

Seems like a cultural shift by White moving away from trouble makers and agitators...coach included

That seems to help the forward pack puzzle and makes sense with the Tagataese re-signing. As mentioned, this does not hurt as much as it feels like it should.

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. TPJ
11. Su'A
12. Gillett
13. Joffa

14. Staggs/Glenn
15. Haas
16. Fifita
17. Carrigan

18. Flegler
19. Tagataese
20. Glenn/Staggs

That looks pretty good doesn't it!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kahu also be announced as leaving at some point and maybe, unfortunately, Glenn as well.

Josh McGuire has contacted Broncos teammates from Fiji where he is holidaying to tell them he has played his last game for the club to take up a lucrative offer with North Queensland.

McGuire's exit helps Brisbane free up salary cap room to re-sign their crop of impressive young forwards as the Queensland and Australia Test lock was on a sizeable contract at the club.

The 28-year-old forward, who has made 194 appearances for Brisbane since making his NRL debut in 2009, started at lock for Australia in their recent Test win over Tonga.

Brisbane have several boom forwards Tevita Pangai jnr, Matthew Lodge, Joe Ofahengaue, David Fifita, Jaydn Su'A and Payne Haas at the club.

Brisbane are yet to re-sign Pangai, Lodge and star winger Corey Oates for the 2019 season and it is understood they are likely to officially announce their retention in the near future now McGuire's departure has been finalised.

The Broncos and Cowboys are yet to make any official statement on McGuire's future.

More to come

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/15...immediate-switch-to-north-queensland-cowboys/

Moose has been a good servant to the Broncos, kind of sad to see him go.

Going to the cows though? Gross.

Does this change anything for Bird? McGuire was certainly his biggest stumbling block.

Did Bird just talk about playing in the centres because he wasn't allowed to reveal, or didn't know, McGuire's intentions?

All these and more, likely discussed between @Wolfie and co.

Good outcome imo. I dont think we'll miss him a great deal. Hard worker and good motor but maybe a little lacking in impact.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • thenry
  • Nightwatchman
  • Harry Sack
  • LGH
  • DrGee
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Stix
  • Howie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.