Justin Hodges - Achilles

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Hopefully the Broncos can hold their own and when Hodges gets back to his form from this year....BAM! Hodges classic step to break the line with Barba right beside him.:thumbup: Can't wait to see these two work together.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hopefully the Broncos can hold their own and when Hodges gets back to his form from this year....BAM! Hodges classic step to break the line with Barba right beside him.:thumbup: Can't wait to see these two work together.

The thing I particularly like about Hodges is his ... yes, speed off the mark, Hodges style. 2 or 3 of those gianormous steps and he has created at least a half chance and THAT is where X Factor players like Barba really come into their own.

Our right side should be a ripper next year because Barba is a natural support player that not even Hook can un-coach.

Then on the left, with Hunt>Gillett>Reed>Hoffman, assuming their great combination last week grows and evolves, I see a seriously devastating back line as good as any.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
This has the potential to bag us a heap of tries IMO.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Well, it wouldn't really be a shock, with the amount of injuries he has had, so ironically I don't think it's Hodges.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well, it wouldn't really be a shock, with the amount of injuries he has had, so ironically I don't think it's Hodges.

I agree. The 'shock' part infers that it is a player uninjured that and playing well (not saying that hodgo wasn't playing well). What I mean is that I read that as people would be like "oh wow, really?"

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Could be Gallen . you controversy blah, boxing blah, another challenge blah.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
My random guess is Braith, but it's a wild one.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm also going to go with Gallen. Considering it will be announced in the next couple of weeks, while the sharks are playing sudden death, is poignant. That and the point that he's been looking in to the ways to approach boxing if an international drug ban was in place. Might be one of the ones stuck with a 'trafficking' charge.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Best case scenario could see Hodges back for round 1 next season... they're saying that even conservative estimates and he will be back well before origin 1. good news IMO.

This article also said the reason the last Achilles injury took so long was he tried to rush to get back for the finals and aggravated the injury.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't think he'll be ready for round 1 but I'm going to assume he is.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Oates/Kahu/Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Now that's a nice looking backline.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Best case scenario could see Hodges back for round 1 next season... they're saying that even conservative estimates and he will be back well before origin 1. good news IMO.

This article also said the reason the last Achilles injury took so long was he tried to rush to get back for the finals and aggravated the injury.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

I also remember they were having complications, like blood vessels attaching themselves to the tendon during the healing process - he kept having to have more surgery to detach them etc. With any luck they'll use the same guys and they'll already know what they're dealing with.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrslong
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.