Kemp + McGuire Fight - Kemp signs for Union

Re: Broncos bust-up a striking offence between Kemp and McGu

I don't know why people don't just give up on him. No one has seen him play first grade for ages. The last few times he did, he was absolutely woeful. There is only one person stopping him getting a starting spot. From all accounts, it seems to be him.

If he keeps chasing union contracts, he's not going to get into the squad.

If his heart really was with the Broncos, he'd be playing like a man possessed to get his spot back.

His fault. Too bad. We've replaced you Denan. Go cry somewhere else.

Bucking Beads said:
mrslong said:
Coxy said:
Yeah mountain out of a molehill. I think Kemp's just a pretty miserable guy at the moment, and has been since 2009. The Broncos can take a lot of blame for that for forcing him out, but, ultimately Kemp's an adult and he has to suck it up and deal with it.

I think his next decision will decide his future in sport.
He was the one who chased the big bucks to the Warriors
though.

Incorrect. Broncos offered him a pathetic contract
So? Did they tell him to move on? Why should they have paid him all that money? He'd only had one good season.

Because he was a genuine matchwinner and had proven it numerous times in that season. Not saying the Broncos should've matched the Warriors offer, but they should've offered more than a DOWNGRADE.

He was shafted to make way for Folau. End of story.

And Nashy: he played 2 and a half games last year. His first one he was excellent and scored the matchwinner against the Cowboys. Yet another ignoramus.

We have very few genuine wingers at the club, and Kemp is one of them.

Then Kemp needs to prove he is still a genuine winger, and play like one.

and here I was told all these years he wasn't a genuine winger, he was a genuine fullback.

Nashy said:
Then Kemp needs to prove he is still a genuine winger, and play like one.

Exactly.

Jesus - if he was half as good as the general population of BHQ would have us believe he would be a walk up start in any first grade team in the comp.

But he's not is he?

As I said earlier in the thread, he needs to sort his shit out. He's not happy and his form and attitude shows it. So no he doesn't deserve to be picked right now.

I still have a beef with the Broncos telling him he wasn't wanted back in 2008. He would've, rightly, been a walk up start in 2009 and done a bloody good job and we wouldn't be talking about this now.

Broncos bust-up a striking offence between Kemp and McGuire

Coxy said:
Because he was a genuine matchwinner and had proven it numerous times in that season. Not saying the Broncos should've matched the Warriors offer, but they should've offered more than a DOWNGRADE.

He was shafted to make way for Folau. End of story.

And Nashy: he played 2 and a half games last year. His first one he was excellent and scored the matchwinner against the Cowboys. Yet another ignoramus.

We have very few genuine wingers at the club, and Kemp is one of them.

Normally your the first bloke to say "you can't judge a bloke on just one season" yet now your sayin in just one season in 08 and one match in 10 kemp proved he is a genuine winger?

He had second year syndrome at the warriors.. 3rd yeah failure at the broncos and now can't crack it in the 4th yeah.. He is a genuine QCup winger and over hyped at NRL level.

Coxy said:
As I said earlier in the thread, he needs to sort his shit out. He's not happy and his form and attitude shows it. So no he doesn't deserve to be picked right now.

I still have a beef with the Broncos telling him he wasn't wanted back in 2008. He would've, rightly, been a walk up start in 2009 and done a bloody good job and we wouldn't be talking about this now.

Or maybe he would have flamed out like Leon Bott and co.

The fact that no other NRL club seems interested speaks volumes to me

He had a shit, injury hit, homesick season at the Warriors. It has stifled his career. No question of that. It was more than second year syndrome though, it was a bunch of factors.

**** I wish I had a time machine and could change history and see how he would've gone AT THE BRONCOS in his 2nd season. I'm 99% sure he would've had another great season and we'd be talking about him as Folau's replacement for Origin this year.

But hey, you guys can all sink the boot in if you want. I saw a lot more in Kemp's 2008 season than many of you. An ability to make something out of nothing that we haven't seen with our wingers since Sailor/Tuqiri and now are finally seeing with Yow Yeh.

Yeah no doubt we saw something in 08 we havent seen since Sailor/Tuqiri... But it was still just one season.

tumblr_lefsyv8JF91qf8yek.gif

Because he ONLY GOT ONE SEASON.

[eusa_doh

no he got more and he failed in his second and got dropped. Couldnt recover from injury in the 3rd and can't even crack the side in the 4th.

rose_colored_glasses_beagle.jpg

I'm a fan, and as others have said, am sad to see him looking at other options/clubs to go to.

He showed a lot of potential here i thought, genuine speedster who was pretty solid in all aspects of his game.

I give up, draggx. You're not getting my point and you're too much of a dummy to work it out.

draggx said:
no he got more and he failed in his second and got dropped. Couldnt recover from injury in the 3rd and can't even crack the side in the 4th.

rose_colored_glasses_beagle.jpg

Dumbest post of the thread.
He 'failed' in his second playing for a different team. Outside a centre who is notorious for not passing to his wingers.
'Couldn't recover from injury' is the dumbest thing I've ever read. That's like saying Darren Lockyer is shit because he needed a knee reconstruction in 2007 and couldn't come back for the rest of the season. Darius broke his ribs punctured a lung - that's not exactly a corked thigh. The fact that he's still playing at all is nothing but a credit to him.
Perhaps the last point is your strongest against him, but maybe he just can't crack the side because we have such depth and quality at wing.

If 2007 was at the start of Lockys career and he failed to make a side after that... yeh he would be shit. Same for Darius.

Both those guys have made sides after it recovered after it and gone on to play rep footy.

he failed at a second team... is that because he didnt have Locky there to make the plays for him?

I love how any other player you guys are quick to put the boot in for second year (I.E Coxy on the roosters game thread regarding Carney) but because its the precious Kemp you make excuse after excuse..

He had a damn good year in 08 and one of the best from any Bronco no doubt.. But has done nothing since and doesn't look to do anything in the future.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.