OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Extends to End of 2023

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Kevin Walters signs until the end of 2023.

The Brisbane Broncos have extended the contract of Head Coach Kevin Walters to the end of 2023.
Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said the one-year extension would provide continuity to the football program following an improved performance in the back half of last season.

“Extending Kevin out to the end of 2023 now provides the stability we need to continue the improvement shown in the back-half of the 2021 season,” said Donaghy. “It’s been well documented that we initiated a reset during last season and made a range of changes which resulted in better performances. As head coach, Kevin has played a key role in that change process. “We have added some experienced players to our roster who they will play an important role alongside our emerging talent as we aim to move into a growth phase. “Providing continuity over the coming two seasons by extending Kevin to the end of 2023 will give our entire football program the stability they need to keep improving and growing as a team and as a club.”

Walters said: “I love this club and coaching the Broncos to being a force again in the NRL is a great honour. “We built some momentum late last season and we have carried that into what has been a really good preseason in terms of on-field workload and building our culture and connection as a group.

“I’ve been very public in stating that I want to coach the Broncos to a Premiership and that hasn’t changed and this contract extension provides that bit more certainty moving forward. “We have a massive Round 1 game against the Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium next Friday night and the team can’t wait to rip-in in front of our home crowd.”

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well so much for six weeks. 😅

It takes stress off and at least buys him some time in case the Broncos get off to a slow start.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Some of you guys in that other thread 😲

I had trouble believing how vivid imagination can become. This administration is different in a positive way.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Should've waited and see how Kev performs under pressure before making the call.
Like the pressure of coaching the highest profile, most media scrutinised sporting club in the country the year after they won their first ever wooden spoon?

The pressure to prepare the team through a long off-season to deliver results, now that the club have managed to recruit some star-power and improve our roster?

The pressure of coaching Queensland in an even bigger arena, like State of Origin?

Those sorts of pressures enough to form an opinion about him, or nah?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
He’s done well to lock in an extra year before a footy is kicked, especially considering our trials form (going off what I read on here)

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
He’s done well to lock in an extra year before a footy is kicked, especially considering our trials form (going off what I read on here)
obviously the people that see what he does every day and run the show are happy with what he's doing, not just going on trial form.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
obviously the people that see what he does every day and run the show are happy with what he's doing, not just going on trial form.
The old, training the house down adage….

I don’t hate it but no denying he’s done well to extend already after a 14th and no real sign of improvement.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The old, training the house down adage….

I don’t hate it but no denying he’s done well to extend already after a 14th and no real sign of improvement.
Kev’s coaching win rate:

Catalans: 36.8%
QLD: 50%
Broncos: 29.2%

36 wins / 93 games
36.5%

Kev also has the unflattering title as the lowest NRL win % of all current coaches - though he’s also coached the least NRL games.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Kev’s coaching win rate:

Catalans: 36.8%
QLD: 50%
Broncos: 29.2%

36 wins / 93 games
36.5%

Kev also has the unflattering title as the lowest NRL win % of all current coaches - though he’s also coached the least NRL games.
Fitzgibbon is N/A%.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Totally Unr3al
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • LittleDavey
  • Rambstien
  • Seibs
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.