THE COACH Kevin Walters

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
All this is fair enough, but let’s say KW is the right man for the job and he feeds everything through Reynolds and we win a premiership in 2 years time, Reynolds’ last contract year. Who is the on field general the year after? Mam will only be 22, Reece Walsh not much older. Mozer may only be in his 2nd or 3rd season. We all know Carrigan will likely be captain, but who will be that dominating spine player we require?
I think the hope will be that Walsh steps up into being the dominant attacking spark... not necessarily the general that gets us around the field, but at least he could be the linchpin for our attack. In the same way that Ponga is for Newcastle, etc.

He's very vocal on the field, highly competitive and wants to be involved in everything on the field... literally the only thing holding him back is his size, so hopefully he's still got some growing in him.

He could have a Khunt feel about him as he gets a few more years under his belt... where Khunt was being groomed to take over captaincy when Lockyer retired.

I don't think Walsh gets the captaincy, but I think he could be a lead player in our spine moving forward.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
He's very vocal on the field, highly competitive and wants to be involved in everything on the field... literally the only thing holding him back is his size, so hopefully he's still got some growing in him.
It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the defensive skills and attitude in the dog. Look at Turpin, built like a Frenchie, attacks like a Frenchie but defends like a Rottweiler.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the defensive skills and attitude in the dog. Look at Turpin, built like a Frenchie, attacks like a Frenchie but defends like a Rottweiler.
Walsh just needs more practice tackling and to work on his technique to avoid getting bumped off.

He has no fear and is almost always in the right position just needs to stick

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Kevvie is useless, and so are his assistants. They need to go, and if need be they can take Staggs and Haas with them.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Kev can go
Nice guy but needs to pay the price for shitting the bed
And take a few of your players with you
How the **** can he justify picking useless ***** like Turpin I’ll never know

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Be interesting to see what Lee Briers roll will be. Transition coach transitioning to what?

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
The only silver lining in missing the finals is the board might just be smart enough to end Kev's contract early and find a new coach. Redemption for DD's dumb move in gifting Kev a 1 year extension before this year's season even started.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Unfortunately, he will survive.

I hope DD and Ikin make the tough call and sack him, but they won't. He'll continue to be coach in '23 and we'll continue being cannon fodder for the good teams.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Donuts and Ikin need to share even a tea spoon of responsibility as well. They clearly gave the keys to the whole footy department to Walters and he has blown it with his choices. There is no chance in hell the roster we have should be missing finals, never mind playing as bad as we are and you can only put that down to coaching.

If there is a divide in the squad, then fucking do something about it. Get the whole lot of them working as laborers for a month over the off season so they can be reminded what back breaking work actually is.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Kev is not my preferred choice but he has to be given time based on this season.
Despite the horrendous end we still won over 50% .
We have improved so there is every chance we keep improving.
I think it will end badly but he has earned the right keep going. Hopefully he improves as well.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.