THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wouldnt have sacked him for his comments. He would have been pulled up for them privately but its not that often we sack players. Look At Payne Haas, a repeat offender with multiple offenses culminating in him threatening a woman with violence yet we didnt sack him, and we didnt sack Staggs either despite his homophobic comments. I think just making a stupid comment about the coach, while pretty embarrassing, isnt a sackable offence.

No he shouldn’t have been. If you sack players every time they do something stupid, you don’t have many players left.

You get him to apologise which he did. It’s a credit to Kevvie how he handled all that.

Last thing you want is to be sacking players left, right and centre and then they go to the Roosters or Storm and spend their career winning dodgy premierships there.
I agree you don't sack them left and right but this was more than stupid. Have you ever heard of another case of a player that publicly bagged out a coach while still at the club? I think letting people skate by because of their talent creates a pretty shitty culture.

Last thing you want is to be sacking players left, right and centre and then they go to the Roosters or Storm and spend their career winning dodgy premierships there.

But then we get to complain about having let them go instead of working it out. Complaints either way! Win-win!

The recruitment and retention should be in line with the threads that pop up on BHQ about certain individuals.

Sack them all, who cares about development.

The recruitment and retention should be in line with the threads that pop up on BHQ about certain individuals.

Sack them all, who cares about development.
Development is a key part of any good Broncos team as generally our best players come from within, that would be just be stupid.

No he shouldn’t have been. If you sack players every time they do something stupid, you don’t have many players left.

You get him to apologise which he did. It’s a credit to Kevvie how he handled all that.

It was more than something stupid, it was undermining the coach in public. That goes to the very core of team morale, and Kevvie's mandate was to put a broom through exactly that kind of unrest.

The club should've sacked Selwyn, not Kevvie. The club should not tolerate players publicly criticizing the coach.

That said, I didn't want him to get sacked and I'm glad he wasn't. But he SHOULD'VE been sacked.

It was more than something stupid, it was undermining the coach in public. That goes to the very core of team morale, and Kevvie's mandate was to put a broom through exactly that kind of unrest.

The club should've sacked Selwyn, not Kevvie. The club should not tolerate players publicly criticizing the coach.

That said, I didn't want him to get sacked and I'm glad he wasn't. But he SHOULD'VE been sacked.
No he shouldn't have, and in hindsight it's even more correct.

No he shouldn't have, and in hindsight it's even more correct.
Imagine if all the players did it. That would literally be the coach losing the dressing room. Guess who would get sacked?

Imagine if all the players did it. That would literally be the coach losing the dressing room. Guess who would get sacked?
but that isn't what happened nor was the context as bad as just saying Kevvie was a bad coach, Cobbo more or less said he is bad at being a coach in how he is used to what a coach does.

Do you only read titles of stories and not the context?

but that isn't what happened nor was the context as bad as just saying Kevvie was a bad coach, Cobbo more or less said he is bad at being a coach in how he is used to what a coach does.

Do you only read titles of stories and not the context?
I watched the entire podcast. He literally said he didn't think he was a good coach. Fill in the missing context for me:

No he shouldn't and let's be frank, nothing Kevvie does is the right decision in your eyes, so hardly an objective opinion here.

No he shouldn't and let's be frank, nothing Kevvie does is the right decision in your eyes, so hardly an objective opinion here.
As I said in the comment you are replying to, the decision should not be Kevvie's, and I'd be surprised if it were.

I watched the entire podcast. He literally said he didn't think he was a good coach. Fill in the missing context for me:

Nothing about what you sent had context on that podcast.

Nothing about what you sent had context on that podcast.
Okay, since you're being difficult for the sake of it, give us another example of a player saying his coach wasn't a good coach, and who remained at that club.

As I said in the comment you are replying to, the decision should not be Kevvie's, and I'd be surprised if it were.

And I'm glad then that the powers that be aren't stupid.

We sacked Gagai because of some reason (on the back of others sure) and that worked out well for us didn't it.

We sacked Gagai because of some reason (on the back of others sure) and that worked out well for us didn't it.
You know I'm right. Give me an example of someone who slagged off their boss in the media and both kept their jobs.

This isn't about some hair pulling at training that no one saw or getting shouty at a pub. This was a deliberately worded public opinion on his boss that undermined his authority.

This is literally what Kevvie had been employed to do: get rid of whiteants.

You and I are both Cobbo fans, but this is what he did: whiteant his boss.

repeated indiscretions. turning up late to training or something. not a one off, off the cuff comment about the coach. christ why are we still talking about this.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Gaz
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Swordfish
  • Kev_Guz
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.