THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol at deliberately worded and Cobbo in the same sentence... yeah um.. yeah ... yeah nah
In fairness he had a few goes at it before ultimately arriving at his devastating conclusion.

"I reckon he’s a good person. He’s a good person, like a good bloke but I don’t think he’s a good coach. He’s not the best coach but he’s alright. I feel like he’s just a good person but I don’t reckon he’s a coach. Even though he experienced footy, been through all the grand finals and all that, but I feel like he’s not a coach. But he’s a good person, a good bloke and does a lot for the club. But the way he coaches is a bit weird, I guess. He’s a good person though. He’s an alright coach.”
The context is whether Kevvie is a good coach.

Do the broncos have a quiet chat with Madge?
Let’s remember that even Ivan Cleary sucked at the Tigers.
We need someone of his calibre as assistant. There aren't many of his calibre out of a head coaching job. Buckley's of getting him, I'd reckon.

If the club are going to make any tough decisions around Kevvie, it is for sure going to be sudden. Madge Maguire just became the hottest commodity in football. A free agent premiership coach that just beat the Maroons in a QLD decider.

That's one way to frame it.

The way I'd rather frame it, is that he's been sacked from 2 NRL clubs.

Pass on Madge. That would be like getting Mal Meninga in as coach.

That's one way to frame it.

The way I'd rather frame it, is that he's been sacked from 2 NRL clubs.

Pass on Madge. That would be like getting Mal Meninga in as coach.
He’s won everywhere he’s gone except the Tigers.
Souths, NZ, Super League, NSW. The bloke is not mal meninga.

I don’t think we need to sack Kev. I think we need better assistants for him. However, I think there’s a conversation to be had when legitimate coaches become available.

A busted Qld team with little depth missing:
Flegler, Munster, Taulagi, Coates, Tino, Gilbert, Arrow and Fifita and playing a busted Walsh

This took away Qld's massive advantage in the forwards.

Yeah ,,,
There was also that game at the end of last year when his team flogged the Kangaroos too . Doesn`t mean he will be sucessful at NRL level but it does look good on his CV .

Yeah ,,,
There was also that game at the end of last year when his team flogged the Kangaroos too . Doesn`t mean he will be sucessful at NRL level but it does look good on his CV .
I’d say winning a premiership at NRL level is probably the best reflection of how successful he will be at NRL level 🧐

If we become the club that changes coach all the time we become a club that doesn't win. Walters might not be the answer but we need more time to determine that.
We're the club that changes assistants all the time and we need two of them stat. It's not a bad idea to have at least one assistant who's capable of being head coach one day, whether it be someone on the rise like Bellamy or someone slumming it like Cartwright.

The problem I have with KW, is that I don't want him to be sacked, I want him to succeed. If we had won the GF and not royally blew it like we did, then I would have been happy to live off the fumes of success for a couple of seasons and cop this seasons debacle which I accept is not all KW fault but he is culpable partly.
I look back at the capitulation in 22, and what is happening now and I honestly cannot see anything changing for the better next season. Big changes are needed, and if we stick with KW, then the squad needs an overhaul with the introduction of a few hard nuts. Also I would be looking at players who would not play origin, there a plenty of good poms and we lost one in Herbie. Hindsight is a wonderful word but keeping Herbie and flicking Staggs or Cobbo would have been a good move imo.
Anyway still a member and this ain't gonna change, just pissed off.

Do the broncos have a quiet chat with Madge?
Let’s remember that even Ivan Cleary sucked at the Tigers.
Him being NSW coach has probably got him black listed as a broncos coach. Remember that this was also the guy whose gameplan resulted in Walsh getting his head taken off.

The front office probably thinks he's a great option to bring in, but the club is so backwards with the old boys mentality and culture of the playing group and who they respond to.

If we become the club that changes coach all the time we become a club that doesn't win. Walters might not be the answer but we need more time to determine that.
I don't.
When I look back on who has been let go, who has moved on by choice and who has improved as a player under Kev the answer is simple.

I've got a whole thread dedicated to this.

It's been over a decade since we could call ourselves a champion team. We're a bunch of Manchester United Fans / Dallas Cowboys fans. Living off the fumes the 00's.

Someone needs to be able to coach the losing out of us, and that's just not Kev.

We are the team that loses to make other teams dream storylines happen.

If you can't tell. I'm done with the Kevolution.

Throw Barcelona FC into that mix, too.

I don't.
When I look back on who has been let go, who has moved on by choice and who has improved as a player under Kev the answer is simple.
Let go: Dearden, Isaako, Capewell, TPJ

Moved on by choice: Herbie, Flegler, Coates, Palasia

Improved as a player: Billy Walters?

Answer?

Let go: Dearden, Isaako, Capewell, TPJ

Moved on by choice: Herbie, Flegler, Coates, Palasia

Improved as a player: Billy Walters?

Answer?
Improved is a whole lot more than that

At minimum:
Walsh
Arthars
Cobbo
Jensen
Riki
Patty
Haas (added ballplaying and offloads)
Kobe (was a reserve grader)
Smoothy
Billy

Herbie, Flegler and Palasia all improved before moving on as well

I've excluded Mariner and Ezra, because there's no baseline, but they have improved since starting. Mariner being top try scorer and adding wing play.

Willison similar, but he's looking elite.

Piakura is a regular first grader... probably starter a year too early though

Staggs was elite in about 2020 (I think??), but he has also improved to become an origin player and has upped his workrate

Active Now

• Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.