THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know I'm right. Give me an example of someone who slagged off their boss in the media and both kept their jobs.

This isn't about some hair pulling at training that no one saw or getting shouty at a pub. This was a deliberately worded public opinion on his boss that undermined his authority.

This is literally what Kevvie had been employed to do: get rid of whiteants.

You and I are both Cobbo fans, but this is what he did: whiteant his boss.

I'm not going searching for other examples at other teams, I don't care about other teams. And I don't really care about him 'slagging' off his boss on some backwater podcast that has a host that is barely understandable, let alone a guest who is the same.

All I care about is the fact that we had a superstar in the making who was incredibly immature say something incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be giving him up to another club just because some random poster on the Internet felt that is what should have happened.

repeated indiscretions. turning up late to training or something. not a one off, off the cuff comment about the coach. christ why are we still talking about this.

Sure and this is pretty much what Gagai did and look how sacking him turned out.

We should back our coach to be able to turn this around and by all accounts, Kevvie has done so.

Not all situations are created equal.

Not necessarily saying this to be negative, I’m more so a sucker for interesting trivia.

Kev currently holds 2 unflattering coaching records:
- the worst capitulation in an NRL season. Falling from second place to 9th when it should have been impossible.
- Giving up the biggest lead in an NRL grand final. That is, Panthers with the biggest comeback in an NRL gf.

It got me thinking, how bad would things need to get for Kev to collect the triple:

The worst season position for a team that played a grand final the previous season.

From my memory, the warriors are the ones that come to mind, finishing 14th in 2012 after losing the GF to manly in 2011.

@Big Pete can you do any better than 14th in this category?

You know I'm right. Give me an example of someone who slagged off their boss in the media and both kept their jobs.

This isn't about some hair pulling at training that no one saw or getting shouty at a pub. This was a deliberately worded public opinion on his boss that undermined his authority.

Lol at deliberately worded and Cobbo in the same sentence... yeah um.. yeah ... yeah nah

Not necessarily saying this to be negative, I’m more so a sucker for interesting trivia.

- the worst capitulation in an NRL season. Falling from second place to 9th when it should have been impossible.
- Giving up the biggest lead in an NRL grand final. That is, Panthers with the biggest comeback in an NRL gf.

It got me thinking, how bad would things need to get for Kev to collect the triple:

The worst season position for a team that played a grand final the previous season.

From my memory, the warriors are the ones that come to mind, finishing 14th in 2012 after losing the GF to manly in 2011.

The first one has already been taken over by Souths last year... lead the comp at magic round and just about collected the spoon by the end of the year

The first one has already been taken over by Souths last year... lead the comp at magic round and just about collected the spoon by the end of the year
I’m not sure that’s true. Magic round is like round 10. We were second until like round 17 or something. It’s about the biggest drop to miss finals not finishing the lowest.

Easy, Melbourne 2010.

But in terms of W-L, the Warriors would have to be the worst in recent memory. From memory, there was a game where they nearly beat the Broncos and it seemed like it completely broke both teams.

Cowboys 2018 would have been my guess off the top of my head FWIW.

The entire Australian cricket team v Langer.

I've got a whole thread dedicated to this.

It's been over a decade since we could call ourselves a champion team. We're a bunch of Manchester United Fans / Dallas Cowboys fans. Living off the fumes the 00's.

Someone needs to be able to coach the losing out of us, and that's just not Kev.

We are the team that loses to make other teams dream storylines happen.

If you can't tell. I'm done with the Kevolution.

Okay, since you're being difficult for the sake of it, give us another example of a player saying his coach wasn't a good coach, and who remained at that club.
Why should I, the context is everything, players that have left saying that basically wanted to leave, nothing in what he said in that podcast suggested that.

Lol at deliberately worded and Cobbo in the same sentence... yeah um.. yeah ... yeah nah

:rofl According to McCunt......Selwyn is some kind of evil genius
capable of devising a master plan to "white-ant his boss".

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

If the club are going to make any tough decisions around Kevvie, it is for sure going to be sudden. Madge Maguire just became the hottest commodity in football. A free agent premiership coach that just beat the Maroons in a QLD decider.

If the club are going to make any tough decisions around Kevvie, it is for sure going to be sudden. Madge Maguire just became the hottest commodity in football. A free agent premiership coach that just beat the Maroons in a QLD decider.

A busted Qld team with little depth missing:
Flegler, Munster, Taulagi, Coates, Tino, Gilbert, Arrow and Fifita and playing a busted Walsh

This took away Qld's massive advantage in the forwards.

Rugby League might be the dumbest sport on earth given how quickly fans and administrators forget how useless a coach is.

He's an absolute dud of a coach. I'd rather Kebin.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Griffo
  • Adammacca
  • Kev_Guz
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • barker
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • Painin the Haas
  • Justwin
  • The True King
  • Rookie Alan
  • lynx000
  • Galco
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.