THE COACH Kevin Walters

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
should be a few players out the door with him if that happens bout time they own some of the shit performances too
We already threw 12 in the bin last season. Likely losing Turpin, possibly Oates and Farnworth, along with Isaako. That’s half a squad in 12 months. Might as well just start a new team if we push anymore out.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Kevvie has already said in the past finals is the expectation. If he cant make it this year he probably knows himself he is gone.
I think that's just a company line to be honest.... although Kevvie had his 30 minute session with a mindset coach so he's probably also following the philosophies that were put in place where you say what you want to achieve.

It would be interesting to see if Kevvie ever says words like "hope"... I.e. we are hoping to be better in defence.

That sort of wording is a no no from a mindset stance.... you shouldn't be relying on hope to get you there... it should be inevitable that what you're doing will get you there.

I get the sense when Kevvie is stuttering through a presser it's more like him trying to think how he should be saying things rather than what he actually wants to say.

- He wants to have a positive mindset
- Doesnt want to give players excuses / something to blame ie. refereeing
- Doesnt want to throw players under the bus
- Doesnt want to give the media anything to latch onto

That's why what he says in a presser doesnt really bother me... I think the facade he puts on in front of the cameras is completely different to what he portrays on a personal level to the players

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think that's just a company line to be honest.... although Kevvie had his 30 minute session with a mindset coach so he's probably also following the philosophies that were put in place where you say what you want to achieve.

It would be interesting to see if Kevvie ever says words like "hope"... I.e. we are hoping to be better in defence.

That sort of wording is a no no from a mindset stance.... you shouldn't be relying on hope to get you there... it should be inevitable that what you're doing will get you there.

I get the sense when Kevvie is stuttering through a presser it's more like him trying to think how he should be saying things rather than what he actually wants to say.

That's why what he says in a presser doesnt really bother me... I think the facade he puts on in front of the cameras is completely different to what he portrays on a personal level to the players
What does the constant wiping the table while he talks indicate from a mindset perspective ?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
What is the logic behind the Bronco's being a better route?

The warriors finished above us on the ladder last year, they are above us on the ladder this year. He gets to play with Sean Johnston this year and last year, he got to learn off RTS.

I mean, I'm pissed he left too, but really, what are are we offering over the warriors currently? Reserve grade behind Isaako/Niu or play in a side getting flogged by 30 each week. Lets face it, Kevvy couldn't see it, but he was ready to play first grade, and would have been an upgrade on Niu and Isaako.

Maybe in a year or 2 we will prove to be the better option, but so far, he's got paid and has 20 odd games under his belt that he wouldn't have got with us.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

the better route would have been learning his trade in the QLD cup. it what the great systems force their youth to do.

Walsh didn't want to do that, so when you also add a big money offer to a pretty much guaranteed immediate spot in the NRL and he was gone.

Now it seems he's realised that he'll eventually have to leave QLD and live in NZ, so he wants out of that deal. definitely not good signs. I also wouldn't like to see what he does if he needs to be dropped;

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I won’t say it’s the minimum requirement necessarily but he should at least have a 50% win rate and clear signs that structures and attitude issues have been fixed.

We have a pretty soft run home so even with a poor season he could fool those in power with another seemingly strong finish to the season.
Not so sure about this soft run home suggestion:

Round 18 - Titans away - our recent history suggests that this will be a difficult one to win

Round 19 - Eels away - no need to say anymore

Round 20 - Tigers home - you would hope this will be an easy win

Round 21 - Roosters away - hmmmm, somehow don't see us winning this one

Round 22 - Knights home - probably a flip of the coin depending on injuries and whether Ponga is playing and interested that day

Round 23 - Storm - home - kill me now to save me from the pain of watching this

Round 24 - Eels - home - Eels probably in the hunt for a top 4 position - I am calling this a loss

Round 25 - Dragons away - another flip of the coin - with our away history odds favour Saints.

Potentially 1 - 3 from the last 8.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
He should really offer to quit rather than being fired if we still suck in 10 weeks.
I suspect that may well occur. I agree with the earlier poster that if Ikin and DD came to him to have the discussion he would choose to fall on his sword rather than cause the club more damage. Really this is the only way it can be done to quieten the Old Boys.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

I would love to know if this is true, I suspect that he does not communicate with the players at the same level as the better coaches.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not so sure about this soft run home suggestion:

Round 18 - Titans away - our recent history suggests that this will be a difficult one to win

Round 19 - Eels away - no need to say anymore

Round 20 - Tigers home - you would hope this will be an easy win

Round 21 - Roosters away - hmmmm, somehow don't see us winning this one

Round 22 - Knights home - probably a flip of the coin depending on injuries and whether Ponga is playing and interested that day

Round 23 - Storm - home - kill me now to save me from the pain of watching this

Round 24 - Eels - home - Eels probably in the hunt for a top 4 position - I am calling this a loss

Round 25 - Dragons away - another flip of the coin - with our away history odds favour Saints.

Potentially 1 - 3 from the last 8.
No draw gets much easier than that. We just suck

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think it would help if we stopped getting so many injuries and Flegs could stop getting himself suspended.

that will only happen one of two ways:

1. he dyes his hair and changes his name

2. he wears a Roosters or Panthers jersey

referee's having tip sheets about players to watch etc is just plain stupid, unprofessional and reeks of corruption ... how about they just officiate the game that is happening at that moment.

worrying about a players form should only ever be a consideration by the judiciary AFTER a guilty verdict

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Being a realist and pragmatic, I see our best case scenario this season is that we finish up with 6-8 wins from 25 this season. I have my doubts that this will be sufficient to save Kev.

If we keep getting injuries the way we are, it could be worse than that, particularly if we lose Reynolds for any extended period.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I actually got told by players they didnt know what he he wanted them to do. And tbf, they seemed to like the bloke, he just was incapable of getting his point across.

His biggest issue regardless of anything else was Wayne got into his head. Once that happened, Seibold made the huge mistake of trying to wipe out any trace of him from Red Hill. He just couldnt handle it.
Same mate. Was told the players would leave training not knowing what they were supposed to have learnt.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Hopefully that 1 year extension comes with a performance clause and Broncos' power to fire at will without compo.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Hopefully that 1 year extension comes with a performance clause and Broncos' power to fire at will without compo.
Of course it does... it’s all coming up Greeny ☘️☘️☘️

Unread

Active Now

• bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.