NEWS Kodi all but finished as Broncos halfback

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
57a2400d2490270af5aa3852caf2b480

Broncos halfback Kodi Nikorima axed by coach Wayne Bennett for round 7 clash against Storm

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...m/news-story/b2cb563702d273a5b7ce07bebc2d32e1

Last edited by a moderator:
HUGE, but necessary call. Hope Bird doesn't fail on the weekend.

I really hope they stick with him as I don't think the fault should fall with him our forwards have been bloody awful besides tpj who been a shining light in our forward pack

The guy has plenty to offer a lot of teams so I wouldn't say his career is shot. He'd make a decent 5/8 if he had proper 7 working with him. He'd be pretty handy at Manly I reckon with Cherry in the 7 or even the Titans and flick Elgey to SL.
Although he was a good fullback in the 20's something about him makes me unsure about whether he could do it at NRL level...
If he can't be the 7 we need then it's unfortunate but we don't need him.

I’ll never forget him opening up the cowboys in the week 1 finals to get us home in 2015. Small minute impact bench player is his best go and we’re better for it. We couldnt have $700k a year of salary parked at left centre.

Sorry boys, he’s no fullback IMO

I’ll never forget him opening up the cowboys in the week 1 finals to get us home in 2015. Small minute impact bench player is his best go and we’re better for it. We couldnt have $700k a year of salary parked at left centre.

Sorry boys, he’s no fullback IMO
Where do you base this on?
It's always been his best position.

Too small, and defence isn’t up to it. It was a bad night in the GF qualifier he looked like a fish out of water when moved to fullback but admit it wasn’t for long and in a well beaten side.

Too small, and defence isn’t up to it. It was a bad night in the GF qualifier he looked like a fish out of water when moved to fullback but admit it wasn’t for long and in a well beaten side.

Is he any smaller than Matt Bowen was, or Corey Thompson is now? They are all roughly the same manlet height and build. Defending at fullback is very different than defending in the front line. You don't need to have a giant back there.

I really don't know what his best spot is. 5/8, hooker or fullback it seems but he is lacking an all round game for each position. I don't particularly like the idea but the ability to chime in and use his acceleration would suit fullback more.

We all want him to do well his attitude and commitment is top notch but perhaps a fresh start might be the best thing for him

Utility for a while.....then, left right out.

Is he any smaller than Matt Bowen was, or Corey Thompson is now? They are all roughly the same manlet height and build. Defending at fullback is very different than defending in the front line. You don't need to have a giant back there.

Fullback somewhere else you think? We should be looking to develop a Tedesco / turbo type of player in my view not a whole hearted utility like Kodi . Just my view that’s all

Utility for a while.....then, left right out.

Replacement for McCullough to give him a breather and to add spark at the back end of each half.

McCullough clearly isn't up to playing a full 80 mins.

The Broncos might be better served to shop him around to other clubs. Even though he isn't on a hefty deal, that extra money might come in handy when trying to retain the likes of Oates, TPJ, Lodge etc. They need to lock in the players who will be vital to the club's future rather than keeping someone till 2020 whose role with the team will now only be very minor.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • BroncosMan
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Hurrijo
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.