Let's bag the Titans

product3.jpg

sam-thaiday-broncos-nrl.jpg

I'll pay the Nathan Friend debacle... still shits me to tears.

Boofhead said:
I'll pay the Nathan Friend debacle... still shits me to tears.

Yep, kick in the pants. I don't like the guy much, think he (like a lot of hookers) is a bit of a subtle grub. But he deserved better treatment from the Titans.

Not just this time either, but when they were so openly pursuing Farah and Smith. What message did that send him?

The fact they claim they offered him about $230K per year, and Warriors $330K and said "well, can't match that, knock yourself out"...come on. Sure matching that's pretty insane, but surely they could've found another $30K, $40K. He probably would've played for that.

I bet if they do get Nate Myles he'll come for a lot more than $230K too!

It's got me (and everyone else) fucked how we can't pay our best player some more cash to keep him at the club. Searle and Friend by the sounds of it never got on, but shit like this should not be personal.

It's going to leave some hell of a gap that I pray to god we can fill.

Few young blokes who have been with the club since day dot (Lawton and Srama) will probably share the reigns next year, unless we buy someone.

On a side note, I don't think Friendy will fit into the Warriors structure too well. They have pretty good service from dummy half already.

Boofhead said:
It's got me (and everyone else) **** how we can't pay our best player some more cash to keep him at the club. Searle and Friend by the sounds of it never got on, but shit like this should not be personal.

Few young blokes who have been with the club since day dot (Lawton and Srama) will probably share the reigns next year, unless we buy someone.

Yup. Is what I read right that the Titans don't have a board that sits over the top of the CEO? Who fires him? Not that I'm saying Searle should be sacked, but who is there to make that call?

That's an alarming amount of power he holds if he's not accountable to anyone.

Boofhead said:
It's got me (and everyone else) **** how we can't pay our best player some more cash to keep him at the club. Searle and Friend by the sounds of it never got on, but shit like this should not be personal.

Titans should try and bring Ian Henderson back to Australia. Underrated hooker IMO.

Coxy said:
Boofhead said:

Yup. Is what I read right that the Titans don't have a board that sits over the top of the CEO? Who fires him? Not that I'm saying Searle should be sacked, but who is there to make that call?

That's an alarming amount of power he holds if he's not accountable to anyone.

Not 100% sure what the structure is at the Titans but Searle and his father are majority owners of the Titans aswell iirc.

You have to take the good with the bad though, because Searle has sure done a whole heap of good. But this whole Nathan Friend thing... a massive stuff up.

Big questions must be hanging over the heads of the guys in charge of recruitment at the Titans. There team is aging and they don't have much in the way of young guns coming through. There under 20's side is rubbish also.

Oh for sure. He's a passionate, smart and proactive administrator. He does a good job. But surely it's going to be an issue one day.

One day but not now IMO. What he's done for the Titans so far is a huge achievement in itself. Personally like many others, I don't rate their footy team as elite yet but we can tell it's going to be a great franchise. It's going to hit the roof when they get their first title... It's all about sooner rather than later though... The question is, can they get one in the next 5 years or so?

Professor47 said:
One day but not now IMO. What he's done for the Titans so far is a huge achievement in itself. Personally like many others, I don't rate their footy team as elite yet but we can tell it's going to be a great franchise. It's going to hit the roof when they get their first title... It's all about sooner rather than later though... The question is, can they get one in the next 5 years or so?

If (and it's a big if) Prince gets his kicking game back together, someone clicks at 5/8 and Bailey, Friend, Harrison stay fit - this year will be our best chance for the next three years for mine. We will be a bit raw for a year or two life after Friendy.

apparently theres another Titans centre of excellence, and it's in Brisbane!! someone should go scout it out or something, its on Boggo Road.

there is a movie called 'remember the titans' its about the lasted gold coast team to go down the gurglar it stars prince staring as himself

Coxy said:
Boofhead said:
Don't pretend that you guys wouldn't take him in a heart beat.

http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011GameAnalys ... &time=1974

We had him. He was shit. He was so shit we figured Ben Ikin was a better option. True story.

I don't think the injuries he suffered while playing for the broncos really helped his cause too much though. At least he stuck with league rather than going and playing union 7s I guess.

pennywisealfie said:
apparently theres another Titans centre of excellence, and it's in Brisbane!! someone should go scout it out or something, its on Boggo Road.

Tried to suss it out, turns out i was missing my entry pass.

my-rat-tail.jpg

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • IceWorks
  • rj9
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Stix
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • broncs30
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Battler
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.