Lockyer switch to Fullback in 2010?

sadly none of us really know yet what goes thru Ivan's head. it would be very tempting having such Depth in the halves now.

"I'm looking forward to working with him, I'm sure he's got some fine qualities and some things in his game that can be good for us.

"We're going to give him a chance."

thats from the bottom of the article i posted at the start regarding Smith....

I wouldn't be totally against the idea of Lockyer moving to fullback, as long as Ben Hunt is in the 7 as a result. However, my STRONGLY preferred option is just a minimal change and simply put Kemp at fullback. And as Coxy said earlier in the offseason, Ben Hunt on the bench. Regardless of whether or not he is a suitable bench utility, the experience he would gain would pay massive dividends later down the track.

haha love how Ivan can put your doubt in your mind. he really didnt give channel 10 a straight answer

Yeah, Ivan said: "Uhhh, it could be an option" obviously in response to a question.

I'm not sure Ben Hunt would be learning more playing 20 or so minutes at hooker or whatever in the NRL, over the full 80 at halfback in QLD cup...

Coxy said:
Are you also excited about the headline "Ben Hunt signs with Manly"?

Coxy, you can't keep everyone, Hunt needs at least another 2 years in the QLD Cup to develop, the couple of games he played last year proved that. Is he a good tallent? yes, is he a better half then Smith? No. Sure Smith had his problems, everyone knows about him running of the rails, but lets not forget just how good he was at Parramatta, IF he can get that form back he will demand inclusion, if not, we still have Hunt. I see it as a win/win. Getting sick of the number of young players that have done nothing in the game and leave before they are ready. How many Broncos players in years gone by had to wait their turn? Only a very select few started in first grade at 19 and stayed there, give him a couple of years to develop I say.

in a Back if you cant make it at 19/20 then your not gonna make it sadly.

we need a fb that will make easy metres. Locky is too slow, and Hodges likes to do the slow run then step. good teams have fbs that can bring it back more than others. id prefer to start my set of six 20-30 metres further down the field

draggx said:
in a Back if you cant make it at 19/20 then your not gonna make it sadly.

um - may I put forward one Shane Perry, premiership winning halfback for the broncos

108154_112.jpg

has he truely made it thou? putting aside his 1 good year.

Coxy said:
*Cringe* Locky? Fullback? No no no no no.
x2.
He's too fragile IMO, I don't want to see him get hurt :(

I remember all the no no comments when Lockyer got shifted to 6, if he gets shifted back it wont take him long to have people eating humble pie again.

As for the agility and speed comments, I'm sorry must have been watching a different K Hunt play for the Broncos, because he wasn't any faster or agile than Lockyer is now.

Coxy said:
Are you also excited about the headline "Ben Hunt signs with Manly"?

Ben Hunt has been given a few chances already..... hopefully he makes the most of his next chance and doesn't turn into a Nick Parfitt type player (really good in QLD cup but very average in the NRL)

Hunt has been given his chances at the worst times for a Halfback. No matter how good a half is if the players around him arnt playing well he wont either. I wanna see how Hunt goes when the team is going well to

The game has a long history of really good players not making it, let him develop, he's not ready yet.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skathen
  • broncoscope
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.