NEWS Lodge injury

edit: insult other member

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you smoking kennedy was shithouse last year.... The only options would be Bullemor, Palasia or Riki (which I doubt cause he doesn’t have much versatility).... even Lachlan Timm I rate higher than him and he has never got a first grade game
[automerge]1582120991[/automerge]

You should probably re-watch Kennedy's debut vs Palasia's debut from last year. The other guys you mentioned haven't even played first grade.

edit: quoted edited post

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, Tigers need a hooker, lets make some Sydney heads explode and swap Macca for Packer 🤪
[automerge]1582104097[/automerge]

Packer has a munted foot and hasn't been able to train all off-season.

But yes, if it looks like a young outside back is being held back, and Boyd is not up for it, there does seem to be a way he can retire a hero here and free up some cash for a fill-in prop.

What are you smoking kennedy was shithouse last year.... The only options would be Bullemor, Palasia or Riki (which I doubt cause he doesn’t have much versatility).... even Lachlan Timm I rate higher than him and he has never got a first grade game
[automerge]1582120991[/automerge]

How are we short at second row.... Pangai, Carrigan, Joffa, Hoppa, Riki and Bullemlr can all play second row
[automerge]1582121067[/automerge]

No mate he has breached his contract they have rightfully And legally sacked him

Carrigan and Joffa are middle forwards, hoppa is an unknown, Riki and bullemer can’t play until after June not to mention the later, until the trial this weekend, has been middle forward as well

So with experience and able to play big minutes (which we need especially with the loss of lodge) we only have 3 options to start the year off

It will have to be Kennedy who comes into the side for lodge also, he is the only middle forward we have that isn’t on a development contract

I think lodges injury is going to impact haas the most unfortunately. Lodge took those tough Carrie's out of our end that softened the defence a little for haas. Haas is more then capable of doing that as well but it will mean his game will suffer a fair bit.

TPJ, whoever the lock is, and oates will need to step up in my opinion. Any injury in our forwards weakens our bench too. Bullemore may come good and Kennedy is very good at getting a quick play the ball, but the standard of our bench takes a fair hit.

I'd be happy with carrigan, offa or flegler but flegler is my choice (even though I rate carrigan as our long term lock) simply because of what we will miss the most with lodge out. Each of them offer something different that we will miss with lodge. Carrigan the work rate and defensive steel and wrestle (he's a great slower down of the ruck I've noticed), offa the experience and reliability with some tough runs in him, flegler the size and aggression in attack and defence with the ability to get quick ptb and good runs out of our end. I just think flegler together with TPJ will give us what we need to cover lodge, however it still weakens our bench/rotation.

I also think this means timms and bullemore need to come into the squad. Couple more injuries in the pack during this period and we look slim, even after one injury! Bullemore may be an instant bench option if seibold wants to pace fifita for the long season (which I think would be wise).

Overall this injury really sucks for us but it may help later in the season if lodge gets back in time fresh. And as long as haas isn't asked to do a lot more (if possible) and runs out of steam by the end of the season (if possible). And we can win enough without him of course.

Sorry for the long entry fellas, just a few of my thoughts!

ffs. at least we get to see Carrigan with big minutes but that’s a huge blow, we‘re short on tough, consistent players like lodge already.

Carrigan only needed 4 ISC games to get up to 80 minutes, then he was having a great impact for Wynnum in 2018. Some stand out games for me he got 228m against the Cutters and made 36 tackles. He played 70 plus minutes five weeks in a row.

Originally I thought he was wasted at front row I liked him middle third but not doing that hit up job but he won me over with two games from front row.

Origin 2018 Queensland had the worst start- kick off out on the full, penalty and repeat set in the first minute. Carrigan has calm the whole time and told the guys exactly what he wanted from this point and then he set about doing it. The first set Queensland got the ball after the debacle he took two hit ups and got them moving.

Queensland had zero ball first 10 minutes, Clifford kicks to the corner and Carrigan is down there first to defend, big tackle and ball comes out, he takes the first hit up after the mistake back in position then Clifford scores down the right. That was after being a tremendous leader all week and being named captain.

Then he goes up to PNG and plays in the middle against PNG. They're monsters and that's a hard trip and he was exceptional.

If he gets to start at front row for Brisbane that's a positive to come out of this.

Last edited:
Carrigan only needed 4 ISC games to get up to 80 minutes, then he was having a great impact for Wynnum in 2018. Some stand out games for me he got 228m against the Cutters and made 36 tackles. He played 70 plus minutes five weeks in a row.

Originally I thought he was wasted at front row I liked him middle third but not doing that hit up job but he won me over with two games from front row.

Origin 2018 Queensland had the worst start- kick off out on the full, penalty and repeat set in the first minute. Carrigan has calm the whole time and told the guys exactly what he wanted from this point and then he set about doing it. The first set Queensland got the ball after the debacle he took two hit ups and got them moving.

Queensland had zero ball first 10 minutes, Clifford kicks to the corner and Carrigan is down there first to defend, big tackle and ball comes out, he takes the first hit up after the mistake back in position then Clifford scores down the right. That was after being a tremendous leader all week and being named captain.

Then he goes up to PNG and plays in the middle against PNG. They're monsters and that's a hard trip and he was exceptional.

If he gets to start at front row for Brisbane that's a positive to come out of this.

I dont think many people on here have probably seen him playing front row. He is just a terrific footballer. Very smart, and a great leader. For all people go on about Haas, long term i think Patty will have the better career as a Bronco and be a more important player for us. Leaders of his quality dont come around very often. I dont think he will get the plaudits Haas will though because he isnt as hyped up and he isnt as spectacular in his meters as Payne, but as he matures i think he will be the glue that holds our forwards together.

Go Matt!
[automerge]1582097046[/automerge]

View attachment 7158

For sure !
Hasn`t ever played 1st grade in the 2nd row ...
Has been out of pre season training with an injury . No training in that position .
Might run some lines , but has never had to make 30-40 tackles a game before .

Last edited:
All of his NYC football was at prop wasn't it? I can't remember seeing him play anywhere else.

All of his NYC football was at prop wasn't it? I can't remember seeing him play anywhere else.

Carrigan?

He started off as a lock forward for the Broncos when they were in the midst of a transition. In 2017 he moved to prop and it wouldn't be an over-exaggeration to call him the form player of the competition heading into the finals. Brisbane had a staggering injury toll and a tough run home, yet Pat led them into the second week of the finals before they were out-classed by Penrith.

If it was up to me, Carrigan would be one of the first players selected. I would have no hesitation naming him at 13 and feel that it's in Seibold's best interest to make that decision.

Last edited:
No idea if there's any reliability behind the story, but Fox Sports are throwing up the name Lachlan Timm as someone who might find their way in to the top 30 after this injury, was one of the best forwards in NSW Cup last season for the Dragons, averaging 170 odd metres.

You should probably re-watch Kennedy's debut vs Palasia's debut from last year. The other guys you mentioned haven't even played first grade.
Yeah i was quite happy with kennedy's performances last year. He is not a world beater, but did his job by making some post contact metres, finding his front and getting some quicker play the balls to build some momentum in the set.

He also provided the offload that resulted in boyd biggest run for the year.

I dont think many people on here have probably seen him playing front row. He is just a terrific footballer. Very smart, and a great leader. For all people go on about Haas, long term i think Patty will have the better career as a Bronco and be a more important player for us. Leaders of his quality dont come around very often. I dont think he will get the plaudits Haas will though because he isnt as hyped up and he isnt as spectacular in his meters as Payne, but as he matures i think he will be the glue that holds our forwards together.

He played prop in the 20's, was prop of the year in 2017.

It's funny Glenn is now captain because all through the 2017 NYC season I compared the two guys leadership skills. I was rather taken by Carrigan- far out calm down. Good days watching the NYC live or dvd on Monday.

Carrigan is very much like Glenn when he was captain. I was impressed with how much work he did and the covering up for blokes. He's almost an old school lock.

One of the best things about Hass was on Saturday in terrible conditions down there, he really got in and did a lot of work. Even more he was driving other guys.

Carrigan impressed me again. I said a few weeks ago he reminds me of Glenn at 20's. Same type of leader. Very mature.

I am really enjoying this year's Under 20's. I have seen every game. There is something about them. They're developing a real stoic type of football.

They have enterprising plays which very unlike most 20's teams aren't too flash but effective. No superstars that are being talked about being NRL bound or have to play now.

Carrigan is a strong leader who is very mature. He's doing a lot of things that Under 20's won't do and I like that.
They have a very well coached key position players and they're doing a good job.

Tronc is a very simple coach; he is old school and that's reflected in these guys.

Great to watch. I'd say Hodges will be keen to have some involved this year because they have that selfless football about them that you need.

Watching the game from the weekend- Carrigan is exceptional.

I love watching him play, there is a period in the second half when he just keeps going and taking hit ups out of trouble that he shouldn't be doing.

Very gutsy and skilful- some great offloads.
[automerge]1582164684[/automerge]
No idea if there's any reliability behind the story, but Fox Sports are throwing up the name Lachlan Timm as someone who might find their way in to the top 30 after this injury, was one of the best forwards in NSW Cup last season for the Dragons, averaging 170 odd metres.

He's signed by Dolphins and they put him forward to do the off-season with Brisbane. He's had a big off-season. Just one of those guys that has always been there but never got his go he was exceptional for Falcons in 2018 with 140m a game and Queensland Residents but Storm is hard to break into and then great for Dragons but no gig.

Lodge was prop of the year in 2018 but I think Timms would have gone close.

Last edited:
I forgot about Timm, wish he was playing the Cowboys trial now.

I said on a earlier thread i thought Paddy would be the best bench forward for us this year, and be ready to make a move should injuries/suspensions strike...

Geez....hes way ahead of schedule if he gets the nod now...

It's strange how much I want him to succeed, yeah he fucked up, but he genuinely hasn't put a foot wrong since he came back to Aus, just worked his ass off. Hopefully he's back in time to collect his premiership ring this season ;)

I’m the same. I was never steadfast against signing him, so long as he did what he’s done. It’s unfortunate that everything that happened did, but he seems a world away from the guy he was ~4 years ago.

Getting him out of Sydney (upon his release) similarly to Carney going up at Atherton, and him settling down with his partner, child and brother-in-law around has worked wonders. Amazing that he’s still only 25 come May

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.