OFFICIAL Lodge Lodged with Warriors - Kevvie Please Stop Talking

Telegraph reporting warriors are paying $500k per season of his $850k contract. No idea where they’ve pulled that from.
From what I'm gathering the Broncos are amortizing the shortfall over the next 2.5-3 years. The figure getting around is around $1 million. Donuts is probably front loading a big chunk to get it off the books.

Maybe Kevvie should stop talking about recruitment.
Maybe Kevvie should stop talking, period.

$850k hahahah that's a new one
Yep, the number that did the rounds was between 700k & 800k. I recall one of our stalwarts was continuously losing his shit over it, not being able to comprehend upwards of 700k and up to 800k could actually be the same number expressed different ways.

I guess we're too assume he's negotiated an overall pay rise, and we're having to underwrite it. That would make sense given the Warriors aren't paying full price and we're so desperate to free up some of his salary we might be willing to split the difference.

It's all hearsay, though. I wouldn't be putting it down in biro just yet.

keeps going up :rofl
And apparently the knights deal fell over because he wanted a pay rise... old mate has a serious opinion of himself if he's after a pay rise on top of $850k!!!

I suspect the $850k is probably what's left of his guaranteed salary to the end of 2022.

66% of the year has passed (November to November), so $850k remaining would have his annual salary sitting at ~$635k.

That sounds more reasonable for a guy that signed on 'unders' a few years back and has been looking for a pay rise as part of the move.

Next year is make or break for Flegler IMO, especially with no Lodge. He has the potential to be a gun prop, but he needs to show progress, he needs to produce 100+m a game with fewer penalties and errors.
Think Flegs will be a late bloomer...you can see the physical tools are there.....just needs more experience and some hard heads in the pack with him to guide him...

He "could" be quite good....eventually...

Warriors will have a gun side next year though, even this year.
Ummmm... They are losing their player of the year of the last 5 years haha... They won't be improving despite the unlimited cap. Scheck has been carrying them year after year after year, I think they are really devaluing how much impact losing him will have.

Warning to the envious: HELL AWAITS YOU. Repent.
Now Pete, which one do you want, the medal or the chest to pin it on. By the looks of you I would be going for the chest.

Ummmm... They are losing their player of the year of the last 5 years haha... They won't be improving despite the unlimited cap. Scheck has been carrying them year after year after year, I think they are really devaluing how much impact losing him will have.
They have signed a fairly useful replacement for Scheck. (which is our loss)

They must have a fair bit of room in the cap to sign Lodge and Chud immediately.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • Midean
  • Jeza23
  • Skathen
  • barker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.