OFFICIAL LOL. We have a new recruit, and you'll never guess who it is

Ben Ikin:

“Billy won’t be coming here this year but he will definitely be at the Broncos in 2022. It will be a one-year deal. Where he plays is to be determined by the coach, but Billy has great utility value so I’d say that’s where he will start. Depending on how Billy plays and how the team performs and how we go with injuries, things could evolve across the season.”

Billy walters

Surprise!

Madge:

“Billy won’t be here next year. He has fitted in really well, he is a real professional and a great young guy. I wish him well.”

Scott Sattler:

“Billy might get some flak, but it comes with having a famous footballing surname when you are the son of a legend. Kevvie might get some criticism for signing his son, but the only way to answer it is for Billy to play good football. If he plays well for the Broncos, it won’t matter if his dad is the coach. It’s a good signing. The utility role is crucial in today’s game and Billy will fit into the Broncos well, he’s a handy player with an infectious personality.”

McHunt

You're right, a little bit of nepotism here and there hasn't ever caused problems anywhere in the world. I believe it was Plato who, sick of all Socrates' shit said "**** that Aristotle kid, where's junior?". This would then lead Marcus Aurelius to name Commodus as Emperor and leave Maximus Decimus Meridius an outlaw to Rome.
Uh…yeah, what he said!!

Well it doesnt suit any argument to compare him to Glenn. Kobe has played a lot more hooker than Glenn ever did and is far more natural than Glenn as a hooker so its not really similar. Kobe was the QLD hooker in the U'20s for example. I like Kobe as 13 and i'd play him there next year, but its not accurate to compare him as a hooker to Glenn. Glenn at Hooker is more like Mcguire.

Kevvie and Staggs have both said he is playing 6, and i doubt Gamble is playing 7 in front of Reynolds and considering Gamble has never even played lock why would he play there now? He's a 6. Gamble and Kelly are more likely to play in the halves than Billy as well. Billy is probably 5 choice half at best, probably tied with Croft and Paix.

We are basically duplicating Paix role with Walters who has less NRL behind him than Paix. I dont mind Billy as a player, i just think we are stocked enough with players of his type.
So you've seen the roster plan for next year ? Have you organized a roster for NRL side ? Pure fucking ignorance to think you know better.

So you've seen the roster plan for next year ? Have you organized a roster for NRL side ? Pure fucking ignorance to think you know better.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. We have just signed or resigned Gamble, Staggs, Reynolds, Hetherington and Turpin and we apparently want to resign Kelly. I don't see us offloading Paix so why on earth to we need Billy? And we still have Croft as well.

And where is your NRL roster experience to make you such an expert. I'll leave it there with you and put you on ignore I think. You seem a very angry little man who just can't handle anyone who offers a different opinion without getting aggressive.Pathetic.

If this signing bothers you that much, then you probably have some common personality traits with the Grinch.

This is a better signing than Boyd, Lodge, Milford or Bird. Minimum wage depth signing that is NRL capable. Probably won't make the 17 but at least will keep an air of family around the club, which is good.

Broncos Legends are allowed some nepotism if it doesn't REALLY hurt us at the end of the day. He's also better than what people make out.

I do actually like Billy as a player. He isn't a world beater but he is a good competitor and he wouldn't really let anyone down. If we didn't have the depth already I would have been happy with him here It just seems such an unnecessary signing considering our depth in his position. They only way it's going to make sense imo is if we are cutting Paix and Croft.

I do actually like Billy as a player. He isn't a world beater but he is a good competitor and he wouldn't really let anyone down. If we didn't have the depth already I would have been happy with him here It just seems such an unnecessary signing considering our depth in his position. They only way it's going to make sense imo is if we are cutting Paix and Croft.
Croft yes, but if we cut Paix, who I think has far more upside, to justify Billy’s signature id be disappointed

Croft yes, but if we cut Paix, who I think has far more upside, to justify Billy’s signature id be disappointed

I think i said it earlier, even if we cut Croft, Billy is still going to be no more than 5th choice half at best. And just to clarify again for people, i dont dislike Walters at all, i just think he is a needless signing with our current roster.

You're right, a little bit of nepotism here and there hasn't ever caused problems anywhere in the world. I believe it was Plato who, sick of all Socrates' shit said "**** that Aristotle kid, where's junior?". This would then lead Marcus Aurelius to name Commodus as Emperor and leave Maximus Decimus Meridius an outlaw to Rome.

Uh…yeah, what he said!!
Exactly @Organix. Put it in Geordie Shore cast members names or get out!

Just-effin-great...

Next DD and Ikin to entice Tristan Sailor and Lachlan Lewis back to the fold on cheap 1 year deals.
In a few years Sam Walker to be back on 15yr 1.5M a year deal.

Yay

**** me, we sign a minimum wage utility and everyone loses their shit
They can’t all be superstars with signings
And for a season , it's because he's Kevvie's son . Bellamy has him as depth......nothing, Kevvie does it and he's the worst signing.

They can’t all be superstars yes, but they can’t all be mediocre cheap fillers either - which is what they all seem to be apart from Reynolds and Capewell 🤢

We all knew this was going to happen, every fan could see it coming a mile away

Billy Walters has shown some utility value but you'd just hope Kevvie can leave their father/son relationship at home but I can only imagine that would be quite a difficult thing to do

Honestly you just have to laugh sometimes. A couple of seasons ago when Walters carved us up when we played the Tigers the general sentiment was “why isn’t he playing for us, son of a club legend and good player? Our recruitment sucks”. Now that that club legend is the coach it is a terrible signing and a our recruitment sucks…

Honestly you just have to laugh sometimes. A couple of seasons ago when Walters carved us up when we played the Tigers the general sentiment was “why isn’t he playing for us, son of a club legend and good player? Our recruitment sucks”. Now that that club legend is the coach it is a terrible signing and a our recruitment sucks…
It was only last year, they had Harry Grant, we had Seibold as our coach!

I keep saying it, in isolation, its not a terrible signing, but with the players already on our books, it seems a waste.

Unread

Active Now

• UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.