OFFICIAL LOL. We have a new recruit, and you'll never guess who it is

Ben Ikin:

“Billy won’t be coming here this year but he will definitely be at the Broncos in 2022. It will be a one-year deal. Where he plays is to be determined by the coach, but Billy has great utility value so I’d say that’s where he will start. Depending on how Billy plays and how the team performs and how we go with injuries, things could evolve across the season.”

Billy walters

Surprise!

Madge:

“Billy won’t be here next year. He has fitted in really well, he is a real professional and a great young guy. I wish him well.”

Scott Sattler:

“Billy might get some flak, but it comes with having a famous footballing surname when you are the son of a legend. Kevvie might get some criticism for signing his son, but the only way to answer it is for Billy to play good football. If he plays well for the Broncos, it won’t matter if his dad is the coach. It’s a good signing. The utility role is crucial in today’s game and Billy will fit into the Broncos well, he’s a handy player with an infectious personality.”

McHunt

Levi and KHunt out - Walters in. Not the worst idea I don't think.

6. Staggs / Gamble / Kelly
7. Reynolds

9. Turpin

14. Paix / Walters

And then we have Croft as depth along with whoever misses out on the 6 and 14 jumpers.

This years halves/hookers (8):
Milford
Croft
Kelly
Gamble
Khunt
Turpin
Paix
Levi

Next year (8)
OUT: Milford, KHunt, Levi
IN: Reynolds, Staggs, Walters
- same number of players covering those positions unless I'm forgetting somebody and definitely seems stronger.
Reynolds
Staggs
Croft
Kelly
Gamble
Walters
Turpin
Paix

Hetherington is definatley a hooker option. Queensland were playing him there in the 20's and he has played plenty of footy at 9

Hetherington is definatley a hooker option. Queensland were playing him there in the 20's and he has played plenty of footy at 9
To be honest, I completely forgot about him. I've been loving him at 13 though, and I'd like to see him stay there with Carrigan moving into the prop rotation.

You don't miss his point but you miss the point that nobody on this forum knows what the plan is.
Paix has looked better in cup but still hasn't done shit in the NRL squad, just because you think he's good dosen't mean he is .

And? I am not against signing Walters, I'm simply saying I understand the point that he isn't needed. A genuine question, do you think Walters would be considered if he wasn't the coach's son?

If this signing bothers you that much, then you probably have some common personality traits with the Grinch.

This is a better signing than Boyd, Lodge, Milford or Bird. Minimum wage depth signing that is NRL capable. Probably won't make the 17 but at least will keep an air of family around the club, which is good.

Broncos Legends are allowed some nepotism if it doesn't REALLY hurt us at the end of the day. He's also better than what people make out.
I have like plenty of footy players been in a team with a "Father and Son" deal, three separate times actually. It was a huge issue for one as the son was shocking but put in at halfback, one was only mildy an issue because the son was good but the father always talked him up and the third was no issue at all because the father knew his son was average and never abused his power.

It can go either way and honestly it comes down to Kev and how he goes about it. Praise should be private unless it's been brought up first and selection must be deserved if not more so. Any sign of favoritism or lower expectations will be despised by the players. All Billy has to do is give 100% and be humble and the team will look past it if they think he is deserving.

The tigers would be smart to grab Croft on a subsidised contract next year tbh. He’d offer them something.
Croft should be looking to move on wherever he can. His contract is up next year and he should be looking for some security and a team that plan to have him in their starting 13.

I agree, but I’m thinking he realises he hasn’t got what it takes for the NRL and is milking his contract before heading to the SL. Just my opinion obviously.
He'll still get his $450k or whatever next year, but if he finds a new club he could get an extension on the back of it.

Super league isn't the worst idea for him either

If anyone wants to torture themselves and see if Billy did carve us up, here's the replay of that 48-0 hammering ☹️

Stomached the first 40, thanks mate lol.
Billy was good in defense and didn't look poor in offense, had a try assist.

Isaako was putrid dropped that ball for Benji to score, Milford lazy and terrible, Boyd ..... The usual suspects all doing the usual things. This team has improved a bit, that was diabolical footy. Hopefully tomorrow we get one back on these blokes.

Only depth signing we've made. I know brenko isn't a superstar either but if a single bloke complains about having him on what you'd have to think is **** all money, you've got rocks in your heads. Plus we can't sign anymore 'superstars' until we have tpj off our books. You can't go over the cap by promising that you will get rid of tpj.
jodan pereira? Gamble? Kelly? All depth signings

Yet those premiership winning coaches chose not to play him regularly. Maybe this speaks louder?

Both made no effort to keep him either…
Hence the small contract for a year, 1 fucking year!! Is it so hard to understand that this is a stop gap depth signing or is it beyond your comprehension.

I honestly don’t think he is, he hasn’t played there since Colts in 2018 for Norths. He’s be infinitely better this year at lock for Souths. I’ve argued this for two years; he’s moved on from hooker.

Croft should be looking to move on wherever he can. His contract is up next year and he should be looking for some security and a team that plan to have him in their starting 13.
Yeah no way he’s being signed for a starting 13 role. He might earn his way into the position at a struggling club though if he gets a shot as a depth player.

This was always bound to happen. 27 years old, 11 games. If he was any good, we'd have seen it already.
This x 1000. The coach/son thing aside (it’s too stupid to comment on), how good can he be to debut at 25 and then play 11 games since? Please.

Levi and KHunt out - Walters in. Not the worst idea I don't think.

6. Staggs / Gamble / Kelly
7. Reynolds

9. Turpin

14. Paix / Walters

And then we have Croft as depth along with whoever misses out on the 6 and 14 jumpers.

This years halves/hookers (8):
Milford
Croft
Kelly
Gamble
Khunt
Turpin
Paix
Levi

Next year (8)
OUT: Milford, KHunt, Levi
IN: Reynolds, Staggs, Walters
- same number of players covering those positions unless I'm forgetting somebody and definitely seems stronger.
Reynolds
Staggs
Croft
Kelly
Gamble
Walters
Turpin
Paix
I’m not exactly sure how it all works but I don’t think Hunt and Kelly are actually taking up spots in our top 30 this year due to the new rules.

So your list is possibly 6 this season and 8 next season.

This x 1000. The coach/son thing aside (it’s too stupid to comment on), how good can he be to debut at 25 and then play 11 games since? Please.
Same can be said about Tyson gamble but he has a fan base on here.

I honestly don’t think he is, he hasn’t played there since Colts in 2018 for Norths. He’s be infinitely better this year at lock for Souths. I’ve argued this for two years; he’s moved on from hooker.

I'd beg to differ. Like i said before, i'd prefer to see him in the 13 shirt, but hes certainly more comfortable there than people putting him in the same bracket as Glenn at hooker. If we needed an option in a game for one of our current regular 17 to shift to 9 if Turpin got injured, it would be Kobe everytime. I dont think i've suggested in any of my comments he should be our hooker, but he's capable of playing there and doing a decent job.

While i do think he is a bit of a needless signing, i dont think he's a bad player. There are still some very good players in ISC who just havent got their opportunities. Look at Hynes. he hasnt really made his mark until this year in the NRL.

While i do think he is a bit of a needless signing, i dont think he's a bad player. There are still some very good players in ISC who just havent got their opportunities. Look at Hynes. he hasnt really made his mark until this year in the NRL.
The age of debuting isn’t so much the issue, it’s that since he debuted he hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire. As already noted, we have other options for a utility so I don’t think we needed to sign the coach’s son. I don’t care what we spent on him and whether it was some bargain price, it’s still money we could have spent elsewhere on better options and would have if not for his last name.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Bongo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.