Manly Sea Eagles - Salary Cap Breach

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by GCBRONCO, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

Reading the comments online you'd think it was us who got busted. Our team is nothing like it was from 2006-2009.

2. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

I honestly don't know where this crap comes from, it must be just years of seething hate still built up from the early 90's when all the best queenslanders WANTED to play for us as a big middle finger to the NSWRL. We don't even have what you would call a genuine superstar(yet) on our books. The closest we have to one is Milford who is still yet to show consistency. No Thurston, no Smith, no Slater, no Cronk, no Inglis, no Tedesco etc etc. If we were cheating the cap wouldn't we at least have one of those on the books?

3. Sproj

Sproj

Milford doesn't play like a superstar yet but he is the money of one. Performance doesn't always relate to salary.

4. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Yeah maybe the contract he signed this year for 2018 onwards, but that doesn't explain the last 5 years of accusations.

5. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

:righto::righto::righto::righto:.................:notsureifserious:

6. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

So she gets to fuck the players? Gross.

7. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon NRL Captain

[​IMG]

8. So manly have signed Joel Thompson, they must have adopted the roosters salary cap model in order to get compliant.

9. Nashy

Nashy

How can the NRL register a contract AND investigate a cap breach at the same time?

Mitch06, Sproj, Foordy and 1 other person like this.
  10. Browny

Browny State of Origin Rep

Drunk
    It’s the NRL so why not. I’m sure they’ve suspended betting for the spoon as well

Astro and Locky's Left Boot like this.
  11. Sproj

Sproj

Amateur hour as always.

12. Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro NYC Player

Bumped to keep relevant. What's happening with this investigation or will it take 2 years like the investigation into Sharks drug charges? Or are they hoping people forget about ‘granny's payments' while complaining about the 'rorting one town' Broncos:angry::angry:

Locky's Left Boot likes this.
  13. Morkel

Morkel

I think the NRL are waiting to hear back from Cam Smith on what to do.

14. Sproj

Sproj

The result will be something like:

The Manly-Waringah Sea Eagles have been found guilty of systematic cap rotting over the past few seasons and being general high life grubs.

Therefore, the Brisbane Broncos will be stripped of their 92, 93, 98, 00 and 06 titles and will not be allowed to compete for points until the Manly club is once again cap compliant.

The Sea Eagles will also be awarded the 97 ARL title and be offered a full pardon by the Newcastle Knights for winning it instead. No one cares about the Broncos of 97 winning the stronger title. We will not take questions at this or any further time because we simply never know how to answer anything properly anyway.

15. Nashy

Nashy

*No parties have right to appeal. This decision is final.

Sproj likes this.
  16. cakeGG

cakeGG QCup Player

Shitney
    Manly had a week to respond to the NRL over the breach. Silence since. Pathetic.

NRL needs to wake the fuck up. There's also the dodgy Thurston/Cam Smith charity trial match next month too.

If this year's premiers are one of the 3 teams I have mentioned in this post (Manly/Cowboys/Storm) I'm just gonna put "*" next to it.