Martin Kennedy signs with Broncos

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
The way Hannant plays we need another big guy. I don't think anyone's claiming he's the next Webke, hell most probably have him on our bench instead of starting. He's definitely a good buy and one we needed.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'd actually start him instead of Hannant.

He'd be able to absorb the bigger collisions early in the game..... probably make a few more meters than Hannant as well.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It doesn't matter if you're 80, 100, 120 or 250kg, if you run straight at a set line of defence you won't bust them.
The secret to him getting tries close to the line is to have options. If he's running one out, he'll never score. If he's running with a back rower on his outside, or a big backline set deep, then there's that doubt in the defenders' minds and that will create that little weakness for him to barge over.

The problem is those are 2 things the Broncos' attack generally lacks in the attacking zone in the middle. That said Ben Barba will add another dimension to that. Defence will undoubtedly be watching where he's lurking in attack and won't want to overcommit in the middle if he's out the back of the backline.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

He'd be able to absorb the bigger collisions early in the game..... probably make a few more meters than Hannant as well.

8. Hannant
10. Kennedy

15. McGuire
16. Dodds...

I like the idea of Dodds and McGuire coming on after 20 and running at the tired forwards.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Kennedy's strength is his excellent defence, not his attack.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kennedy's strength is his excellent defence, not his attack.

True, which is also essential for improving the Broncos' chances, given the middle was where we leaked the most tries.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, but I think we usually start leaking tries in the middle half of the game. That's when I'd be bringing him on.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dodds is an excellent defender and has improved this season so tbh I don't see it being a problem with starting Hannant and Kennedy and playing Dodds and McGuire from the bench.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Dodds is an excellent defender and has improved this season so tbh I don't see it being a problem with starting Hannant and Kennedy and playing Dodds and McGuire from the bench.

As suggested in my 'clearly the indisputably best line-up' I posted in the 2014 thread ;)

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I'd like to see our front row forwards made up with Hannant interchanging with McGuire as ball playing forwards, and with Kennedy interchanging with Dodds/Tasi as ball runners.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
As suggested in my 'clearly the indisputably best line-up' I posted in the 2014 thread ;)

looked at it and I pretty much agree with it, though I still think there's gotta be room there for Oates.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'd like to see our front row forwards made up with Hannant interchanging with McGuire as ball playing forwards, and with Kennedy interchanging with Dodds/Tasi as ball runners.

Yeah i like that rotation idea.

I just hope Dodds kicks on net year. We all know he's a great defender, but he sometimes goes missing in attack.

I'd love to see him fire up a bit more and really charge at the line a bit more.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd love to see Doddgy let go. Don't rate him at all.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
A front row rotation of McGuire/Hannant/Kennedy/Dodds is pretty strong, IMO.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
Dodds a good defending? I noticed he has some hard hits in him but didn't he get caught out quite a few times in defense up the middle? Dodds is so average and I am not even sure if he should be in the starting line up. He's good for depth, but I would like Tasi to get more minutes and to actually show some willingness. Tasi looks bored when he comes on and doesn't go looking for the ball.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
He is a little poor at reading the play. Let two tries in up the middle due to this. But he is by far our best fourth choice if we want substantial minutes. He also did a poor read on Carney but I have no idea why he was defending out so wide and I don't blame him for that

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Dodds a good defending? I noticed he has some hard hits in him but didn't he get caught out quite a few times in defense up the middle? Dodds is so average and I am not even sure if he should be in the starting line up. He's good for depth, but I would like Tasi to get more minutes and to actually show some willingness. Tasi looks bored when he comes on and doesn't go looking for the ball.
I thought Dodds started to show a bit this year, and at 24 that's not a bad sign. Prpos come into their own mid to late 20s ,even 30s Price,Civo Ect.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.