Martin Kennedy signs with Broncos

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
i also think this is an excellent signing ... the only small question mark concerns his injuries

the price is fine, the term is good ... he is aggressive, he is 24, he is a Queenslander ... 40 mins from him per game

if Hala was fit and injury free and doing the things we know he is capable of, McGuire into the back row mix is a good option and Sam never being seen at prop again is the best part of all

a really really strong pack now, just need some spine to go with it

with Prince and Wallace on the way out, there simply has to be a half incoming

add the Barba and things are looking considerably up

Oink !

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Can we really put McGuire into the backrow when we already have Parker, Glenn, Gillett and Thaiday going for 3 positions?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Can we really put McGuire into the backrow when we already have Parker, Glenn, Gillett and Thaiday going for 3 positions?

agree ......while it could work, there's a line up for the back row as it is.

Serves us better at the moment up front.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
The footy show just said Kennedy has been given permission to look for a new club for 2014. But not that we have signed him

that's because the footy show doesn't even know the broncos exist ...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

No, but McGuire would be a gun lock when Parker finally retires. ATM he and Hannant are our best front rowers for next year, and Parker is easily our best lock.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Size, aggression, a desire to break into rep footy and his best years in front of him, good signing, im excited to see his development at the Broncos.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
What a nice surprise.

Signing a big bopper TICK
Signing a genuine playmaker ____

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I can see Hala disappearing beneath these guys and Molo coming through

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Re: Rumour - Martin Kennedy to Broncos

It doesn't?.. I think it's quite important who starts out of the two.. McGuire did have a good impact off the bench, but that being said he's been absolutely phenomenal in the starting role so far this year.
yeh i think it makes a HUGE difference where mcguire starts.

hes good off the bench, but hes fantastic playing 80 minutes. literally all of his best games over the last 3 years have been when he's played 80 minutes. hes like parker - sure he plays well off the bench for 35-40, like in the origin, but he comes into his own as an 80 minute workhorse.

mcguire to start and play 80, hannant to play 40, other 2 to get 20 each or move one of them into the second row at some stage to give thaiday a breather (so mcguire 80, hannant 40, kennedy 40, tasi 30, thaiday 50).

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I can see Hala disappearing beneath these guys and Molo coming through
Which is a bit of a shame considering before his injuries he looked quite promising.

Think he's been a bit tentative since returning, plus his glaring lack of fitness doesn't help.

Makes you wonder how much he wants it, might be a bit of a crossroads in his career.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
No need at all to have McGuire playing 80 minutes. When you've got a good prop rotation you may as well use it and have them fresher.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Wow, why is there so much negativity towards Hala?

In his last game he played 30 minutes and made 27 tackles and 6 hitups in that time, you guys make it sound like he played for 8 minutes and made two tackles.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wow, why is there so much negativity towards Hala?

In his last game he played 30 minutes and made 27 tackles and 6 hitups in that time, you guys make it sound like he played for 8 minutes and made two tackles.

I'm not negative towards him but I don't think he has kicked on. He looks unfit. Good player for depth who could develop. Still young enough to get better IMO. With Dodds and Hala as depth props our pack looks pretty good.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Fair point, I guess maybe we'd hoped he would have kicked on a little further than he has.

I don't think it's a case of everyone dogpiling on Hala, I think deep down we all want him to succeed and maybe that's why the expectation on him seems higher?

You don't get expectation levels on shit players so in some ways, it's a reflection of how he's rated.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I certainly agree McGuire plays better when he plays long minutes. I could see him start a game and play through to the 60th minute, and then go off.
Hannant is more a traditional 20-25 minute stint player.

So, theoretically:
Hannant+McGuire: 0-20
Kennedy+McGuire: 20-50
Tasi+McGuire: 50-60
Tasi+Hannant: 60-70
Kennedy+Hannant: 70-80

So:
McGuire 60
Kennedy 40
Hannant 40
Tasi 20

Something along those lines anyway.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I certainly agree McGuire plays better when he plays long minutes. I could see him start a game and play through to the 60th minute, and then go off.
Hannant is more a traditional 20-25 minute stint player.

So, theoretically:
Hannant+McGuire: 0-20
Kennedy+McGuire: 20-50
Tasi+McGuire: 50-60
Tasi+Hannant: 60-70
Kennedy+Hannant: 70-80

So:
McGuire 60
Kennedy 40
Hannant 40
Tasi 20

Something along those lines anyway.

I'd add Parker into the prop rotation and give him a break and have McGuire on the field with 2 other props. Could work. Share the workload and keep the big boppers fresh.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure we'd need to work Parker into the prop rotation, but certainly if he needed a break, McGuire could move into lock and give Tasi, Kennedy or Hannant a bit more time.

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • levikaden
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • bazza
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.