Martin Kennedy signs with Broncos

in theory, yeah. in theory we had a good pack this year too until it was shown up.

let's wait and see how they perform before labelling them equal best pack. bulldogs have a pretty good pack as well and i'd argue their youngsters are better than ours. Klemmer, Jackson, Finucane, even Tapau looks alright. That's on top of Graham, Tolman, Pritchard, Kasiano, yeah, the Bulldogs have a better pack than us as well.
Pffft, Glenn, Gillett, Thaiday, Parker is far better than their backrow, far better. McGuire is better than Tolman, Hannant is not far off Graham and Kennedy is better than Kasiano.

Lui is playing the same in NRL as U20s. Good luck to Manly with him.
I would guess that Manly are in salary cap discomfort for next year and hence the need for cheap players. They have back ended contracts hitting home

As for Hala I have been a fan for years but if his fitness does not improve I see him getting left behind in amongst a much stronger prop rotation.
I am not wishing him booted but believe it is very much in his own hands as to whether he survives?
you cannot have impact when you are rooted after a couple of minutes

Last edited:
Pffft, Glenn, Gillett, Thaiday, Parker is far better than their backrow, far better. McGuire is better than Tolman, Hannant is not far off Graham and Kennedy is better than Kasiano.
Glenn and Gillet have been extremely ordinary this season.

Parker has been unreal, granted, and Thaiday occasionally decides to play to his ability but we're rating our own players through their reputations and potential rather than performance.

Mcguire isnt better than Tolman for the simple fact he has hardly been on the park this year. If you're saying he has greater potential, I agree with you, but I think performance needs to be taken into account and our backrow has simply not aimed up this year, aside from a few.

josh jacksons going to play origin in the near future as well IMO. hes looking very good.

and as above - on reputation, much of which is not earned by the broncos players - sure we might have a better pack than the bulldogs. on actual merit and performances, no, we dont.

Last edited:
Lui is playing the same in NRL as U20s. Good luck to Manly with him.
I would guess that Manly are in salary cap discomfort for next year and hence the need for cheap players. They have back ended contracts hitting home

daly-cherry-evans-new-hairstyle.jpg

Glenn and Gillet have been extremely ordinary this season.

Parker has been unreal, granted, and Thaiday occasionally decides to play to his ability but we're rating our own players through their reputations and potential rather than performance.

Mcguire isnt better than Tolman for the simple fact he has hardly been on the park this year. If you're saying he has greater potential, I agree with you, but I think performance needs to be taken into account and our backrow has simply not aimed up this year, aside from a few.

Agree and would like to add that Graham is a fair way ahead of Hannant.

Bulldogs forwards bent us over this year.......

Broncos having the best forward pack in the comp next year is a huge statement.

McGuire is playing his best football again. And I don't know what everyone is on about with Gillett not playing well this year. Virtually every time he has run the ball he has either scored a try,fended off his opposite or made a half break. If there was support play you would realize how well he has played. Sure he doesn't take many hit ups but he isn't required to and it would be a waste of his talents. I'd say this year Glenn and Jackson have played somewhat equally. When playing against the dogs and warriors (only times our forwards were beaten) we were woefully under strength. We're up with the sharks , bulldogdand titans for best pack this year and imo titans will be left behind us and the sharks next (sharks have had an injury and Asada affected season.) anyone who says souths are up there is a joke. Two has hardly played better than Glenn (only better defensively slightly) McQueen is somewhere between Gillett and Glenn (runs good lines) . Parker is better than burgess. They don't have anyone to compete with thaiday. S burgess is better than any of our props but the rest of their props are absolute nuffies. It's only Reynolds kicking game that makes up for their defencencies when s burgess is off

Last edited:
Well who has the best forward pack in the comp is entirely dependent on form. It's all well and good to have the best pack on paper, but it's how it works on the field that matters.

To be honest, the Broncos current pack on paper is pretty darn good, yet I think we'd all agree they've been below par in performance. The substandard efforts of Glenn, Gillett and earlier in the year Thaiday and McGuire really shows that.

Well who has the best forward pack in the comp is entirely dependent on form. It's all well and good to have the best pack on paper, but it's how it works on the field that matters.

To be honest, the Broncos current pack on paper is pretty darn good, yet I think we'd all agree they've been below par in performance. The substandard efforts of Glenn, Gillett and earlier in the year Thaiday and McGuire really shows that.

the form of all those players has turned around (or started to for Glenn) now anyway and when we are at full strength we are currently at least top three (not including defense) the thing with the bulldogs is this year all of their second row have been pretty average this season but I agree currently their frf outdoes ours. At full strength next year we will be better than them there as well. I think only the full strength sharks will compete with us next year.

Yes. Which comes back to the point, if you look at the names: Hannant, McGuire, Gillett, Glenn, Tasi, Kennedy, Thaiday, Parker, McCullough....the only weak link is really McCullough (and he's not THAT bad). I mean, apart from McGuire, Tasi, Kennedy and Macca, they're all current Origin or Test players, and McGuire and Kennedy are within a whisker of Origin honours. On paper it's fair to say it's a damn good pack.

Bulldogs, as good as they were last year, their names aren't that great. Graham, Eastwood, Pritchard, Ennis aside, they're not superstars. Even Tolman is only a City-Country rep, which is nothing to be excited about. Kasiano played 1 test and he's really been a bit crap this year.

Point being, form of previous year and quality of names on paper is pretty meaningless.

Being able to play 80 mins for a prop is good, but there's really no need. Rotating 3 players and more than a 1/7th of our salary cap around just 1 position seems like a waste. He can play 80 when he moves to lock once Parker retires.

i think this gives us the best forward pack in the competition, if everyones fit. souths would rival it once they start playing both the burgess twins at the same time.

hannant, mcguire, tasi, kennedy. backup hala/dodds
thaiday parker gillet glenn backup stagg/whoever

Still a bottle neck at hooker

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • Tmac
  • Fitzy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.