Martin Kennedy signs with Broncos

Sam Williams @ 350-400K - That's too much
Martin Kennedy @ 350K - Signing of the year.

I tragically remember that but I couldn't help laughing, easily the funniest try i've seen. The Brown-Thompson stuff up is quality as well. It's at 1.06, sit back and enjoy these couple of minutes of madness.
Best Rugby League Bloopers - YouTube
I couldn't stop laughing at the one at 1:45, where after being up-ended, the player plays the ball in the opposite direction. :loool:

Sam Williams @ 350-400K - That's too much
Martin Kennedy @ 350K - Signing of the year.

Fucking hell. There is a massive difference of both signings. Kennedy is a very well established first grader that is on the verge of cracking the qld SOO team. Sam Williams has been running around in reserve grade and the only thing he is on the verge of cracking is the sads because no one wanted to pay his ridiculous asking price.

****ing hell. There is a massive difference of both signings. Kennedy is a very well established first grader that is on the verge of cracking the qld SOO team. Sam Williams has been running around in reserve grade and the only thing he is on the verge of cracking is the sads because no one wanted to pay his ridiculous asking price.

I recommend watching players, not just the lineups.

I recommend watching players, not just the lineups.

I do mate. I have watched Williams play a lot. Obviously so have most teams seeing the dragons are the only ones that wanted him and he couldn't displace mccrone FFS

Sooking aside, I can see where Alec is coming from.

Halves are a much bigger priority and will always demand a higher price than prop forwards. It's basic economics at play.

However, Martin Kennedy is a hand in glove signing. He's a Queensland talent, looking to return home and isn't as big a risk as Sam Williams. As it was stated at the time, there were other halves that we could make a play at that were around Williams' level that wouldn't cost as much as Williams was reportedly asking.

Regardless, it's all woulda, coulda talk to me. Let's just focus on Kennedy, our expectations and so on.

Props have always been an expensive commodity and generally command close to the same money as halves (not marquee ones like DCE or Thurston of course).

That said. I'm much happier to shell out that money for a young Queensland Origin hopeful, as opposed to a guy that can't manage to dislodge McCrone from the Raiders halves and wouldn't be better that what we have.

I guess there's no point arguing until next year, when we see how both players go. I do hope Kennedy turns out to be a good player for us, but I feel it's weird people are blowing their load over the Roosters 5th choice prop. Sam Williams is better than McCrone, who is better than Wallace and Prince, but we didn't get him so it's irrelevant now.

I guess there's no point arguing until next year, when we see how both players go. I do hope Kennedy turns out to be a good player for us, but I feel it's weird people are blowing their load over the Roosters 5th choice prop. Sam Williams is better than McCrone, who is better than Wallace and Prince, but we didn't get him so it's irrelevant now.
Why did Furner drop him the minute Campese came back if he is better Than McCrone?

Why did Furner drop him the minute Campese came back if he is better Than McCrone?

Because they were forcing him out. They've got some great halves coming through, and he was the only one off contract. They've got such a gun young side, who'll all be demanding big money in the near future, they are trying to do what they can to keep a good balance.

Because they were forcing him out. They've got some great halves coming through, and he was the only one off contract. They've got such a gun young side, who'll all be demanding big money in the near future, they are trying to do what they can to keep a good balance.
I would have thought they could just tell him he wasn't required. Normally you try to put your best team on the park

I would have thought they could just tell him he wasn't required. Normally you try to put your best team on the park

Is that why we've had Ben Hunt on our bench? Or the Roosters have Minichiello at fullback? Or Manly don't have Buhrer starting and playing more?

I will agree to disagree but that is fine we all have differing opinions

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • LGH
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dexter
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Nightwatchman
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Dreaglor
  • Hurrijo
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • thenry
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.