OFFICIAL Martin Taupau joins Broncos on 1 year deal

The media haven’t got a clue half the time, they just speculate on what they think will happen based on the situation each club is in with with their roster. Then you get people with nothing better to do with their day who hang off each and every word as the gospel.

Like this Herbie speculation, any mug down the pub could tell you that two of Walsh, Herbie or Selwyn isn’t going to get to be the club’s fullback. Same with Flegler given our situation with rep forwards, one of them isn’t going to get that juicy contract after their current one and he makes the most sense given Payne is pumping out huge minutes consistently and Patty is basically the leader of the our team in the forwards.

Just on Fifita, people don’t go to the Titans to better their career, it’s just another club in the NRL capable of paying big dollars. He reminds me of Walsh in the sense that everytime I check him on instagram he’s hanging out with his Bronco teammates. Walsh is on record saying he barely missed watching a Bronco game while being under contract for the Warriors.
Walsh is a much better human than Fifita. I don’t think Fifita would give a shit about anything but himself.

I think you need to read those early Adam Blair threads, if you thought people were positive about us signing Teddy Blair you might be mistaken.

I was totally against it, thought it was an awful signing and I was terribly (and very happily so) wrong.

I've got to say, one of the best things to come out of this is that the leaks at the club seem to have stopped.

Reynolds - Everyone in the media thought he was going to Cronulla I think until literally the night before he was announced
Madden - No one even knew we were interested, he was basically spoken of as a Panther in waiting
Herbie - The media were talking like it was a fait accompli he was off to The
Cobbo - He was off to the Rooster - soined, soiled and deloivered to the Roisters - Idiot on 360
Walsh - He's definitely off to The - suddenly he has signed with us and not known until the night before it was announced
Taupau - No one saw this coming until the night before he was announced

This is WONDERFUL to see and...there is talk that Fifita has rejected the Raiders...and there is no talk we are interested at all...well you never know.
I was torn between a 'like' and a 'laugh' emoji here @Sproj . The last line did make me chuckle.

I know enough about him to be comfortable in my assessment of his character.
Walsh is a much better human than Fifita. I don’t think Fifita would give a shit about anything but himself.
You seemed pretty comfortable in your assessment of Walsh here:

You seemed pretty comfortable in your assessment of Walsh here:

Yep I was super pissed at Walsh at the time but changed my mind after seeing more from him, I haven't with Fifita.

I never claimed I wasn't pissed about Walsh and if asked I would have told you I was, I am glad you have wasted some of your time going through years old threads to grab these though.

Mate, he really got you.

Imagine visiting this forum for years and still thinking people drastically changing their opinions about players is noteworthy.

Yep I was super pissed at Walsh at the time but just my mind after seeing more from him, I haven't with Fifita.

I never claimed I wasn't pissed about Walsh and if asked I would have told you I was, I am glad you have wasted some of your time going through years old threads to grab these though.
In fairness, you do say the darnedest things about our players.

Another old stallion to help out the young Colts.
Good bloody signing.

Brilliant signing. Hopefully he forces his way into the starting side so we can have fleg coming off the bench.

Whether he plays a game or not this kind of stuff is what makes him a great signing for our younger players.

Probably wont go down very well with some, but in terms of how he carries himself and looks after himself he is very reminiscent of Alex Glenn.

Spends a few hours on that hair each day too. A very, very beautiful man imo.

I was against the Blair signing as well.

More accurately I was on the fence, but since I wanted to provoke a discussion I took a side. My issue with Blair is that he was brought into provide something different when we Brisbane already had three senior mobile middles in Thaiday, McGuire and Parker. I felt for the sake of balance the Broncos needed a bigger body and somebody entering their prime. Gavet was closer to that but he had a screw loose and had arguably the most infamous cameo in club history.

I don't necessarily think that was a bad assessment. I think ultimately those short-comings were founded and Brisbane couldn't match it with the best clubs around the ruck.

What I didn't take into account was Blair's 1%ers and how well he combined with Milford. Brisbane relied on his quick play-the-balls to spark the attack.

Unfortunately when the Warriors came knocking his form dipped dramatically and he was poor by the end of his stint here. That Eels game in particular stands out right away.

I didn't rate a lot of Bennett's signings. So much so, when they signed Bird I felt I had learned my lesson and decided to be supportive of if because Bennett would find a way to make it work. I think he had one good game under Bennett but otherwise what a disaster.

Interesting signing. I'd like to think Des benching him last year is what caused his massive drop in form...hopefully. Very much depends on what we paid though

I saw him in a few games last year. If he can get rid of the silly offloads that were too forced at times and focus on playing his part he'll be a good signing. I'm just sad we didn't get him before the '21 season as he's probably on his last hurrah now.

One thing I really enjoy about this bloke is last season, one of the Manly forwards was being an arsehat to another player after he landed a good shot on him. Marty walked over and literally pulled him into line and told him not to be a dick head - in front of his whole team.

This is exactly what some of our boys need. Marty plays tough but he'll hopefully set a really good example for some in other areas of the game too.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Adammacca
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.