Matt Cecchin

Well, in comparison with NRL games, they were indeed consistent with the average, which is... well, bad really is the word that comes to mind.

I can understand the point of wanting to keep the game flowing. So in that regard, it wasn't bad. A bad performance for mine, would cost us the game, so for me, it's the wrong word to use.

I do wish they would make these deadshits play the ball correctly. I'm sick of seeing teams play the ball like it doesn't matter anymore. Like getting up so fast, you fall over your own shadow straight on your face, but that's an ok play the ball. What a load of shit. Stand up, stand the correct direction, place it down, roll it backwards with your foot.

I'm pretty sure Tedesco played the ball sideways at one point

I'm pretty sure Tedesco played the ball sideways at one point

That was Ferguson. Unless Tedesco did it as well. I switched off after he scored in the second half.

The ping that every single time this season.. Until then.

If they did that there would be 50 penalties a game. Just doesn't work. All I have heard on talkback on radio is gow good the referees were. I agree. Never going to be 100% correct but how difficult the job is they were damn good imo.

Not that dumb argument again. Penalise them and they'll stop doing it. If they keep doing it, they'll be penalised out of the game and lose.

Instead not only are teams rewarded for foul play, it gives them an open invite to just grub the excitement out of Game 2.

Not that dumb argument again. Penalise them and they'll stop doing it. If they keep doing it, they'll be penalised out of the game and lose.

Instead not only are teams rewarded for foul play, it gives them an open invite to just grub the excitement out of Game 2.

Or it becomes a farce like Origin 3 last year

Have they actually confirmed whether Pearce got Milford around the shoulders? The one piece of footage looked bad but it was far from conclusive.
We only saw one replay

You'd mark them a fail based on a couple of missed head highs and a lifting tackle? That's really harsh.

Not harsh at all, but please note BP, I am reacting to a post claiming it was the best ref display that has been seen

It wasn't

If they did that there would be 50 penalties a game. Just doesn't work. All I have heard on talkback on radio is gow good the referees were. I agree. Never going to be 100% correct but how difficult the job is they were damn good imo.

I am almost speechless at this

If teams break the rules, you penalise them

If that means they get penalised out of the game, they won't do it again

The idea that refs should not penalise things that are actually penalties because we don't want too may penalties is beyond my comprehension

If you don't want too many penalties, teach the teams to play within the rules by penalising them when they get it wrong

It isn't difficult

Exactly, I've got a couple of mates who ref league games and the players learn very quickly once you start blowing the whistle

I am almost speechless at this

If teams break the rules, you penalise them

If that means they get penalised out of the game, they won't do it again

The idea that refs should not penalise things that are actually penalties because we don't want too may penalties is beyond my comprehension

If you don't want too many penalties, teach the teams to play within the rules by penalising them when they get it wrong

It isn't difficult

So you want teams penalised when some player is 9.5m back or slightly not square at marker. No sport works like that. I'm sorry you are delusional. You have got to let some things go to keep a game flowing. AFL, NFL, basketball you can name any team sport they all let things go to keep a game flowing. It's about getting the right balance and that game on Wednesday night was perfectly refereed

If it's a penalty on Fri-Sun, then it's a penalty on Wed.
Not so much the 10m & fwd passes, they're shit all the time with those. But the high shots....... That was my big gripe, punters get confused

If it's a penalty on Fri-Sun, then it's a penalty on Wed.
Not so much the 10m & fwd passes, they're shit all the time with those. But the high shots....... That was my big gripe, punters get confused

And if it was refereed like a club game you would get probably the same amount of people coming on here whinging about them not keeping the whistle out of their mouth. Can't please everybody. I know I would rather an open game like the 1st origin with the odd thing let go than some of the things pulled up in club games. That was the first origin game in a while that I enjoyed as a spectacle rather than a snore fest and my team lost. In saying that by all means this second game can be 12-10 our way with a few ref howlers against them haha just to get a decider lol

No way in the world that the NRL would let the refs adjudicate a game the same way they do a normal club game.

So you want teams penalised when some player is 9.5m back or slightly not square at marker. No sport works like that. I'm sorry you are delusional. You have got to let some things go to keep a game flowing. AFL, NFL, basketball you can name any team sport they all let things go to keep a game flowing. It's about getting the right balance and that game on Wednesday night was perfectly refereed

I want the referees to referee to the rules

I want blatant high shots and chicken wings penalised

You are quite happy for teams to break the rules but not get penalised as long as the game flows freely, and I am the one that's delusional?

A game where the refs totally ignore obvious and dangerous penalties is called perfect reffing, and I am the one that's delusional?

That'll do me

And if it was refereed like a club game you would get probably the same amount of people coming on here whinging about them not keeping the whistle out of their mouth. Can't please everybody. I know I would rather an open game like the 1st origin with the odd thing let go than some of the things pulled up in club games. That was the first origin game in a while that I enjoyed as a spectacle rather than a snore fest and my team lost. In saying that by all means this second game can be 12-10 our way with a few ref howlers against them haha just to get a decider lol

what's the point of having rules if we don't want the refs to enforce them.

If they break the rule penalise them ... eventually teams will learn to be more disciplined, especially if they lose due poor discipline.

one thing that really annoys me is this current notion that the penalty counts need to remain even at the end of the match, so they give "square up" penalties ... that is pure BS, penalty counts do not need to be even if one team is more ill disciplined than the other. In fact i reckon some coaches would give away penalties early in games (when they are fresh) knowing they will get the square ups against a fatigued team

What I find more annoying is that no one in the media ever mentions it

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.