Matt Lodge Discussion

Again, it's hearsay passed off as fact.

you realize he plead guilty right...

besides, any 9 year old in the history of the world would fear for their lives if a 120kg+ man burst into their home, assaulting their father and threatening everyone (including police).

you realize he plead guilty right...

besides, any 9 year old in the history of the world would fear for their lives if a 120kg+ man burst into their home, assaulting their father and threatening everyone (including police).

He plead guilty to the charges, yes. He didn't plead guilty to making a 9yr old beg for his life. I have known 2 people that have won compensation through civil cases. Both of them were instructed to exaggerate exaggerate exaggerate.

That headline tho!!

How is the arrogance of the media!

Here’s an idea how about you do some investigative journalism instead of mud throwing.

How hard would it have been to ask the NRL or the Broncos what he had to do to get registered, but no they expect the NRal and Broncos to spoon feed the wankers that repeatedly take shots at them

maybe there is a way for Lodge to get his victims their compensation ... sue Kent, Rothfield and the rest of the NRL360 guys for libel.

they clearly flat out lied on that show about Lodges lack of counselling and the actions he has taken to be allowed to play again

i'm pretty sure that is the definition of libel; and the media aren't permitted to do that

"Okay, we were wrong, but it's your fault for not telling us earlier."

You were told earlier, you just didn't give a shit.

This. 100% this. Why is it the Broncos' responsibility to tell everyone the facts?

I'm still wondering if this wasn't the Broncos' plan all along. Like I mentioned elsewhere, they knew the facts, but were under no obligation to release them. The Broncos powerbrokers needed to know. The NRL needed to know. Scum journalists can go and get fucked. And, predictably, the media made up the facts, relied on money-hungry witnesses to fuel the canned outrage, and the "experts" to get on their high horse and declare the Broncos as the morally bankrupt, salary-cap-cheating bad guys.

Now where does it leave them? Embarrassingly back-tracking, clinging to "they should have said so" while still refusing to admit that they were fucking wrong, even though everyone now knows it.

You know what this also does? It means that there is no fucking way on this planet that Lodge is going to re-offend. With all this drama, he knows there is no future for him if he steps out of line. But the Broncos will have been supporting him every step of the way, likely being in constant contact with him, reassuring him that he has a home with us and that he'll be looked after. When the vultures down south start throwing money at him, it may well be those things that keep him here for, say, $500k while desperate clubs offer him $1 million, with all the vices and pitfalls that come with living in Sydney.

maybe there is a way for Lodge to get his victims their compensation ... sue Kent, Rothfield and the rest of the NRL360 guys for libel.

they clearly flat out lied on that show about Lodges lack of counselling and the actions he has taken to be allowed to play again

i'm pretty sure that is the definition of libel; and the media aren't permitted to do that

Would love to see this happen. Jack Bird could jump in on the action too and we could pay him even less under the cap on his next contract.

Would certainly set a precedent.

Would certainly set a precedent.
Someone will do it at some point. These cockhead journos flat out lying and slamming people's character whenever it suits them have to be made accountable.
And Ikin is a shitstain.

He plead guilty to the charges, yes. He didn't plead guilty to making a 9yr old beg for his life. I have known 2 people that have won compensation through civil cases. Both of them were instructed to exaggerate exaggerate exaggerate.

Rightio then I'll just take your word for it because you know a couple of people.

Rightio then I'll just take your word for it because you know a couple of people.
Couldn't give a shit if you take my word for it or not. Doesn't change the fact that these "journalists " are passing hearsay offas truth.

Couldn't give a shit if you take my word for it or not. Doesn't change the fact that these "journalists " are passing hearsay offas truth.

I couldn't agree more that the journos a scum but that kid would have been terrified so no need to downplay that side of things.

I fucking love the bald faced disingenuous rot of it all. The media were tearing us a new one for weeks over Lodge, then as soon as it hits the airwaves that the Cowboys are looking to sign Carney, the media start walking back all the high horse shit they've been preaching about player behavior and second chances just to clear the air for their sake, and if the NRL refuse to register his contract suddenly the Cows have a ready made defence force.

**** me sideways I hope we really rip in this season.

If anyone was going to sue it would have been Ben Te’o after Channel 9 rape stiry

Also please let Paul Kent get hit by a snowplow on holiday in America or some shit, because he isn't even trying to hide his disdain for Wayne Bennett anymore, and I bet it has a lot to do with him and his garbage surrounding Benji Marshall last year and Bennett giving him a mouthful for it.

Ikin has turned into such a dick. One comment tonight was the game takes billions of dollars off tv rights so if Lodge isn't prepared to talk to them then he shouldn't play the game.

I thought they payed the money to show the games I didn't realise they thought they were buying everyone and everything to do with NRL

Ikin has turned into such a dick. One comment tonight was the game takes billions of dollars off tv rights so if Lodge isn't prepared to talk to them then he shouldn't play the game.

I thought they payed the money to show the games I didn't realise they thought they were buying everyone and everything to do with NRL

Vomit worthy levels of entitlement, and it just goes to show you how deep the arrogance of the Rugby League media sinks into the skin once you get it on you that it comes from Bennett's son in law of all people. Wayne Bennett and the Broncos have never and will never owe the media as much as a fart in a space suit, and I hope the amount of toys they throw out of the cot over it never changes a thing. It's one of the things I love most about Bennett as a coach. He doesn't take their shit.

I think If Lodge has a good game for us round one, then he should come out and say something to silence the media. Let them know to let him play footy so he can attempt to pay back his dues and handle his own business.

I like Sua being rewarded too. He was one of the best on park in the trials. Head scratcher is where you gonna play him off bench. I actually like the suggestion of centre. Mind you the best he has played is when on the flanks. If he’s to show anything would have to be there or centre

Lodge should sue the gossip columnists responsible for this and he has a precedent to follow - this is exactly what Rebel Wilson did and she won,

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.