Matt Lodge given permission to train with Broncos

Sure, it is the most dangerous if you've never witnessed the full effect of the bad side of ice.

How many people have you seen lose the plot on Ice ?

How many people did they assault ?

Compare that with the 10s of thousands who lose the plot on alcohol every weekend .

Ask an emergency ward doctor what is the most dangerous drug . They will tell you its alcohol .Waaay more people with alcohol related injuries than Ice psychosis .
Take into account road accidents with alcohol involved and it not a fair contest .

Then take into account longer term the damage to peoples health and contributing to relationship break downs and its looking ridiculous to not call it a dangerous drug .

Last edited:
I`m no wowser . I don`t mind a drink on occasions myself .
My point is the media sell us a story and we buy it . Saddam`s Weapons of Mass Destruction would be a good example .

Ice is a nasty drug . Is it over stated by the media ?
Abso fckin lutely .

LODGE MAY STAY NOW
THE Matt Lodge saga has taken another twist which could see the controversial forward delay plans to quit rugby league.
The former Wests Tigers prop’s career took a massive hit after he was arrested in New York in 2015.
Lodge, 22, has been playing for Redcliffe in the Intrust Super Cup this season and the Broncos were hoping to sign him for next year.

But Lodge revealed in The Sunday Mail this month he was going to quit rugby league and was facing bankruptcy.
Just days after baring all in the revealing interview, Lodge met with NRL CEO Todd Greenberg and COO Nick Weeks – the two most powerful figures in the game.
The meeting took place in Brisbane on the day of the State of Origin decider.
Lodge, who has been sidelined with an elbow injury, was not given any guarantees but the meeting made him think twice about his future.
The Broncos are holding out hope that Lodge decides to keep playing and the NRL clears him to return next season.

Hopefully he sticks around, we could really use him with Ese'ese, Molo, Hipgrave & Arrow leaving, forward depth has thinned out a fair bit.

This is all bullshit, just leave and play for a Sydney side like you want to.

Now that we've gone through the "who has what words strapped to their wrist" conversation, not sure if I really want him in our team now.

This is all bullshit, just leave and play for a Sydney side like you want to.

Yeah, I get a feeling it's a Sydney Roosters/Manly Sea Eagles sort of move possibly coming up.

I really hope we can keep him, it sounds like he's woken up to how much of a **** wit he was.

I really hope we can keep him, it sounds like he's woken up to how much of a **** wit he was.

Jury is still out on that one. You have the question his character. Being a drop kick in New York wasn't the only thing he did. Remember when he wrote '****' on his wrist tape in the Under 20s rep match. He was also not signed by Melbourne after playing 20s for them - despite having all the ability in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Lodge stays out of trouble, he will be playing next season.

From what i hear about him, he isnt the same bloke he was before his monumental brain explosion.

At the same time though, he also seems to still have a bit of cockiness about him which worries me a little. He apparently dished out a fair bit to our first team players at training and Bennett had to calm things down. He needs to find a balance in everything he does or i can see him going off the rails again.

From what i hear about him, he isnt the same bloke he was before his monumental brain explosion.

At the same time though, he also seems to still have a bit of cockiness about him which worries me a little. He apparently dished out a fair bit to our first team players at training and Bennett had to calm things down. He needs to find a balance in everything he does or i can see him going off the rails again.
That doesn't sound good.

He dished out a fair bit to the team he is trying to make? He isn't exactly Einstein is he..?

He dished out a fair bit to the team he is trying to make? He isn't exactly Einstein is he..?

Or he is making a bit of a statement he can hold his own and isnt intimidated by them. Tbf, he wasnt the only one from the reserve grade who gave it too them either. I'd guess things get heated training all the time, you just dont hear about it.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.