Matt Lodge given permission to train with Broncos

It's always nice to be in the loop, ta NImitz.

2017 Lodge Stats

Round 1 (vs Bears) 43 Minutes, 12 Runs for 93m, 1 Try & Line-Break Assist, 5 Tackle Breaks, 14 Tackles, 1 Missed, 2 Errors, 1 Ruck Penalty.

Round 2 (vs Capras) 63 Minutes, 2 Tries, 16 Runs, 142m, 2 Line-Breaks, 4 Tackle Breaks, 2 Offloads, 14 Tackles, 1 Penalty

Round 3 (vs Tigers) 57 Minutes, 16 Runs, 142m, 1 Tacklebreak, 23 Tackles, 1 Missed, 5 Errors, 2 Penalties.

No errors or penalties against the BH.
170m from 15 hit up
22 tackles
0 missed
4 tackle breaks
76 post contact metres

I would agree, but then you see those clubs winning prems because they have rep quality scum on their books for minimum wage. Lodge was and is a freak talent who has the ability to play for Aus.

I'd thought of that. Not phased.

I would agree, but then you see those clubs winning prems because they have rep quality scum on their books for minimum wage. Lodge was and is a freak talent who has the ability to play for Aus.

Yep. Happy to give the big fella a chance, provided his past remains just that.

He is potentially an unbelievable pick up for us.

He'll be a gun for us. I've spoken about his previous indescretions before so I won't go into it but I'm happy for him to reform under Bennett.

If he doesn't then throw him to the wolves but I think he's already hit rock bottom. He'll surprise a lot doubters I'm sure.

He's 21 and he's already balding. That's just depressing.

He's 21 and he's already balding. That's just depressing.

Testosterone. It's why he's such an angry fucker. According to mid-20th century science anyway.

SCOUTS EYEING LODGE

THE Broncos are facing a battle to snare controversial prop Matt Lodge.

The Inside Mail can reveal NRL rivals are circling Lodge, with one cashed-up Sydney club keen to make a play for the 21-year-old.

Lodge may be a reviled figure in the eyes of some after his brush with New York police but he has the tools to be an Origin front-rower.

Lodge has been in outstanding form with Brisbane feeder club Redcliffe in the Intrust Super Cup and whispers of his efforts have reached the ears of Sydney NRL scouts.

Lodge was cleared to train with the Broncos on Monday and the club is in the box seat to sign him if the NRL agrees to register the 115kg hulk next year.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/38e2bd58503a814eb8486826499bbd02

The Roosters are always cashed up, the salary cap doesn't apply to them. Hence, the reason they sign all these young guys to topped up deals, plus bring in stars from other clubs and then still have money left over.

The other option though is the Bulldogs as they also have a flexible cap and are desperate for some good news. If the Broncs though have been pushing Lodge through, they will make sure he knows it and repays the loyalty I'm sure.

If we give Lodge that attention and training he needs he could be a beast for us. I also think if he trains with us and it's working well he would have no reason to leave, especially if Bennett has
assured him a spot in the 17.

If we give Lodge that attention and training he needs he could be a beast for us. I also think if he trains with us and it's working well he would have no reason to leave, especially if Bennett has
assured him a spot in the 17.

Bennett would assure anyone a spot in the 17.

Look at David Mead.

Reminds me of a bigger Mick Weyman. Gun juniour who was in many a rep side. Came into first grade at Canberra and was a nutcase who just cost teams points and wanted to fight everything that moved. Went to Dragons under Bennett and became a very good rep player for a few years. Hopefully lodge can have a similar impact

Sorry was meant to say wouldn't guarantee anyone we sign, especially someone like Lodge a spot in the 17.

He'd guarantee them a shot and make them fully aware it is for them to earn it.

Matt Lodge slapped with US$1.2M damages bill over New York rampage
Peter Mitchell, AAPMarch 31, 2017 9:30am

A NEW York judge has ordered Matthew Lodge to pay the victims of his Manhattan rampage $US1.234 million in damages.
US District Court Judge Kimba Wood’s ruling against Lodge, in which he detailed the terror Lodge inflicted on German tourist Carolin Dekeyser, Manhattan couple Joseph Cartright and Ruth Fowler and their nine-year-old son, comes as the prop attempts to resurrect his NRL career.

The New York law firm representing the victims vowed to recoup every cent of the judge’s order despite Lodge living in Australia.

“We are looking at any and every method available to us to collect on this judgment including potentially garnishing his future wages,” Renan Varghese, a senior associate at Wigdor LLP, told AAP on Thursday.

Lodge was arrested at gunpoint by NYPD officers in the early hours of October 16, 2015.

He was temporarily held in New York’s infamous Rikers’ Island jail complex until he was bailed out and his then NRL club, Wests Tigers, sacked him. Lodge, 21, has been working to return to the NRL, playing with Queensland’s second tier club Redcliffe Dolphins and this week receiving approval to train with the NRL’s Brisbane Broncos.

Lodge ignored the civil lawsuit, declining to testify at a hearing or hire a lawyer to mount a defence.

Ms Dekeyser, Mr Cartright and Ms Fowler provided harrowing testimony of the impact the 193cm tall Lodge has had on their lives.

The incident began at about 4am when Ms Dekeyser and a female friend were getting out of a taxi on Manhattan’s Upper-West Side, Lodge followed them to an apartment building and yelled “he wanted to take them to Australia”. Lodge also violently grabbed Ms Dekeyser by the shoulders “so that she could not escape”.

“Lodge followed and threatened Dekeyser, stating ‘Do you think you’re going to die? This is the night you’re going to die’,” Judge Kimba wrote in his ruling. Mr Cartright, a resident of the building for more than 20 years, heard the women frantically ringing the intercom, went to the front door and “Lodge grabbed Cartright and made death threats”.

Lodge forced his way into Mr Cartright’s apartment where Ms Fowler and their nine-year-old were sleeping and shouted, “My name is Matthew Lodge. I come in peace. Salaam Alaikum” and smashed furniture, plates and other items.

Judge Wood wrote “Lodge put Cartright in a headlock, punched him several times in the head, and shoved him” and “approached the bathroom in which Fowler and her son were, attempted to gain entry, and punched the door, leaving a hole”.
The family was so terrified by the incident they had to move out of the apartment and their son, who during the incident told his mum “I’m too young to die”, suffered from night terrors and had to see a child therapist. Ms Dekeyser told the court she is “haunted by the fear” that Lodge might seek her out and “suffers from trouble sleeping, night terrors, nervousness, and anxiety” whenever she is in the dark.

Judge Wood’s order includes $US525,000 to Mr Cartright, $US400,000 to Ms Fowler and $US250,000 to Ms Dekeyser for emotional distress and punitive damages.

In a statement issued after the judgement was handed down Varghese said ”We are extremely pleased that the Court has recognised the substantial harm that the Defendant, Matthew Lodge, caused our clients through his violent and reckless conduct. Mr. Lodge’s behaviour has caused our clients lasting damage but this is the first step in allowing them to recover and gain some measure of justice

“Our clients are happy with the outcome but no amount of money is going to compensate them for what happened or could make up for what they experienced,” Mr Varghese said.

“They would gladly give up all of the money to take these events back.” The trio was upset in December when the judge in Lodge’s New York criminal case opted against sentencing him to jail.

After Lodge completed community service and received alcohol abuse and anger treatment Judge Kate Paek sentenced him to a conditional discharge

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/61c0efd2127b30b416fdecd31fbb3dc4

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.