Matt Lodge given permission to train with Broncos

For 1.2 mil Lodge can come by mine and do as he pleases to me. Holy shit I was expecting he should have to pay some form of compo but these people hit the jackpot.

For 1.2 mil Lodge can come by mine and do as he pleases to me. Holy shit I was expecting he should have to pay some form of compo but these people hit the jackpot.
That's civil lawsuits in the US for you.

Yeah, there's nothing quite like death threats, when it comes to jackpots...

This whole situation seems so weird. The guy seems psychotic, like proper insane. And he did all of those things and barely spent any time locked up and was able to get on a plane and fly back to Australia?

Well, looks like he's going to the highest bidder.

Yeh its America, he doesn't have to pay it because he lives in Australia. They cant enforce their stupid laws here. He just isn't allowed to step foot in the country again though.

This whole situation seems so weird. The guy seems psychotic, like proper insane. And he did all of those things and barely spent any time locked up and was able to get on a plane and fly back to Australia?
Surely he was on ice or something.

Surely he was on ice or something.
You'd think so. Loose unit with a few rumbos under the belt, still wouldn't go that postal you'd think.

Good to hear he's not getting off that easy. Still not happy he's associated with us, but if he takes ownership of his actions and pays up the restitution to those hurt by his actions, that would be a good start.

Yeh its America, he doesn't have to pay it because he lives in Australia. They cant enforce their stupid laws here. He just isn't allowed to step foot in the country again though.
So he doesn't have to pay any of this??

true ... but they can get an enforcement order from an Australian court, and then he will have to pay every cent

true ... but they can get an enforcement order from an Australian court, and then he will have to pay every cent

Like any court will enforce that amount and even if they do, he just declares bankruptcy

Like any court will enforce that amount and even if they do, he just declares bankruptcy

It is a lot harder to declare bankruptcy in Australia than you think. and he will never be able to while making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

It is doubtful the court will even look to adjust the sum ... they will just determine whether the judgement is legally binding.

Newcastle and the Rorters are inking their pens as we speak no doubt

It is a lot harder to declare bankruptcy in Australia than you think. and he will never be able to while making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

It is doubtful the court will even look to adjust the sum ... they will just determine whether the judgement is legally binding.

Your talking to an accountant here. There are certainly ways around bankruptcy and loopholes of it.
The judgement isn't legally binding here anyways. Just like all those uni kids who piss off overseas when they finish and leave their HECs/HELP Debts behind. The aus government cant touch their wages.

1.234 million, that's absolutely a number pulled from the air. 1.234, I mean at least change the order of the numbers.

1.234 million, that's absolutely a number pulled from the air. 1.234, I mean at least change the order of the numbers.

Unless the American figure was rounded to one million and that's the exchange rate.

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.