Matt Lodge given permission to train with Broncos

Speaking to somebody who has had a bit to do with him recently, they said he seems a decent, humble sort of bloke. Its not what i expected tbh. Still dont really know how i feel about the bloke actually. He has had a couple of chances to redeem himself after bad behaviour, surely this will be it for him now.

Your talking to an accountant here. There are certainly ways around bankruptcy and loopholes of it.
The judgement isn't legally binding here anyways. Just like all those uni kids who piss off overseas when they finish and leave their HECs/HELP Debts behind. The aus government cant touch their wages.
HAHAHA If the government had invested better in a degree derived job market then there would be no need to chase the debt because fewer people would have to leave Australia to find adequate jobs and take their skills with them. Don't hate on Uni kids because they get sold a lie at 17.

Yeh its America, he doesn't have to pay it because he lives in Australia. They cant enforce their stupid laws here. He just isn't allowed to step foot in the country again though.

Actually, quite wrong, they can make an application to register the foreign judgment here and then enforce it through the means made available by whichever jurisdiction they register the judgment in. The problem for them will be that once that occurs (registering the foreign judgment here) if he enters bankruptcy, they will be left with 4/5 of nothing. That judgment will merge with his other debts and I would presume that given his age and his current status that he does not have a lot. Three years later he is out of bankruptcy and free and clear. The plan would be for heavily back ended contracts I would say (if he gets back into the NRL).

Yeah, there's nothing quite like death threats, when it comes to jackpots...

You have had a privileged life if you have never had a death threat.

watch8ng a few touches from ldoge today, he is a class above cup level. i would reckon blair and sims will be nervous next year.

watch8ng a few touches from ldoge today, he is a class above cup level. i would reckon blair and sims will be nervous next year.
Yep, like how he linked up with Marshall there.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1494375908

SHHHHH

He’s been banned from featuring in the NRL this year but several clubs are keeping a close eye on Matt Lodge’s performances in the Queensland Cup.

Playing with Brisbane feeder side Redcliffe, the Broncos are hopeful of bringing the 21-year-old into their full-time squad next season. However, Market Watch has learned that a host of clubs are lining up for his signature as the NRL expands squads in 2018 from 25 top tier players to 30.

At 110kg, footage of Lodge - who made his NRL debut for Tigers in 2014 - has been in demand in recent weeks.

The forward has been a standout in the ISC competition.

As a result, the troubled player has plenty of clubs willing to gamble on a career lifeline.

I'd like to say I hope he stays loyal to the club that helped him out... but I don't really know how much the Broncos have helped? Whether it's been mostly Redcliffe or whether Brisbane have been offering support on/off field.

Oh well, in any case, if he's done his time and he stays on the straight and narrow, he could be a good signing. Guess we'll see.

I'd like to think he'd stay, and be loyal, but you never know these days :/

I'd like to say I hope he stays loyal to the club that helped him out... but I don't really know how much the Broncos have helped? Whether it's been mostly Redcliffe or whether Brisbane have been offering support on/off field.

Oh well, in any case, if he's done his time and he stays on the straight and narrow, he could be a good signing. Guess we'll see.

Mogg has been fantastic with him.

I'd like to think he'd stay, and be loyal, but you never know these days :/

He's been at Brisbane since the start of April training three days a week. He owes Dolphins.

I think he will stay he would be certain to make the 17 at some stage next year.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • broncoscope
  • YeahNahMate
  • upthebroncs
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.