RUMOUR Matt Lodge signs until 2020

I would say Brisbane went guarantor on the loan. Held the press conference to tell the world 'Hey Matt Lodge is paying his dues'. Expect Matt Lodge to be a Bronco for a few years.

I really don't think Brisbane can be a guarantor.

The guarantor is someone who agrees to pay for someone's loan if that person can't pay it, and as White said, Brisbane can't do that. The rules don't allow them to.

Why would he fall on his sword? Is being highly successful at your job and handling things well not good enough these days?
Comment was aimed at posters on here who said PW stuffed up CB deal. Personally PW doing a good job particularly re lodge

House loan, yes, as long as it’s secured by property. But not for something like this.
Heard something on the news about his parents assisting with getting the loan, so they may be acting as guarantor??

I missed the press conference but may have been mentioned then

What's the NRL minimum wage? Not something to sneeze at.

They can demand whatever they want, doesn't mean that is what they will get.

I mean, if I demand a 58% pay rise from my boss, I'm very unlikely to receive it, no matter how much I complain to the media about it. Oh sure, we can make the boss look like a bad guy, Attila the Hun, Hannibal, etc but he or she still wouldn't have to give me a cent. Of course if the government stupidly then stipulates though that because of bad media vibes, the boss and I have to reach a settlement or he gets sacked, of course that gives me a bit more leeway but I know I'm still not going anywhere near 58%. We'd both probably settle somewhere around 10%. After all, 10% is a lot better than nothing.
I'd take 10% any year. The only time I received close to that was when the GST struck. We had a good strong unionised workplsce. Nowadays I'm lucky to see a rise at all.

Is there any point in speculating or making assumptions about how much the settlement was and how thr loans works. Pretty personal information for all parties involved and the stuff released is all anyone needs to know. Bottom line is a settlement is done, he is paying and looking to stsy a Bronco.. win, win and fucking win.

It's sad that something to this effect has happened to Lodge. It's good that he's doing everything he possibly can to redeem himself of his mistakes. He's taking responsibilities for his actions & honestly it takes lot of courage to do it. The big guy must be appreciated for doing that & the Master Coach along with Mighty Broncos must we very much appreciated for doing everything they possibly can to help out him.

It's all settled, done & dusted now Lodgey. Play on without any burden on you when you run out in Broncos colors. Icing on the cake for mine - can't wait for you to score your 1st try for the Broncos mate. Good luck & God bless you!

It's all settled, done & dusted now Lodgey. Play on without any burden on you when you run out in Broncos colors. Icing on the cake for mine - can't wait for you to score your 1st try for the Broncos mate. Good luck & God bless you!
Lodgey says “cheers mate”

Yep. What's worse?

Rusted on Broncos fans just going through the motions?

Rusted on NRL fans just going through the motions?

Why stop there? Rusted on Marvel fans... Rusted on Star Wars fans...just going through the motions...

What the **** happened to this world?

It's amazingly polarizing how different the media reaction has been to this compared to Lodge playing in March. Is it because of the way the Broncos handled it this time? Is it because the season is half over so now no blazing headlines will be as effective as before Round 1 kicks off? A combination of both?

More like the media's shameless opportunism is on show for all to see. They aren't in a place to benefit from the buzz around the start of the season this time so now they don't give a shit. Parasites.

It's amazingly polarizing how different the media reaction has been to this compared to Lodge playing in March. Is it because of the way the Broncos handled it this time? Is it because the season is half over so now no blazing headlines will be as effective as before Round 1 kicks off? A combination of both?

More like the media's shameless opportunism is on show for all to see. They aren't in a place to benefit from the buzz around the start of the season this time so now they don't give a shit. Parasites.

I think it's partially to do with lodge himself too. He made a mistake, has taken accountability and just went about playing football quietly. You don't really see him talk much to the media or do you see him getting around flashing tattoo sleeves like a Greg bird or josh Dugan type.

Everytime I want a good laugh I go have a look at LU. Wanna see want false claims and allegations are with regards to this, go have a look over there. Those fuckers know everything aboug this, including why Lodge is settled just ask them.

Everytime I want a good laugh I go have a look at LU. Wanna see want false claims and allegations are with regards to this, go have a look over there. Those fuckers know everything aboug this, including why Lodge is settled just ask them.

I love the Merge supporters shitting on us over it most of all. Shameless hypocrites.

You think that’s hypocritical?

Marina Go is completely hypocritical ...

she had no problems signing Russell Packer who spent time in jail for nearly killing a guy ... but i guess that deserves a second chance, right

I just tweeted that to her, let's see if she has the guts to respond

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • RolledOates
  • big k
  • Bish
  • bazza
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.