OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

The fact that this was finalised so quickly after Kevvie was sacked means that it has been in the works for a while and not just a result of the review.
It only gives more weight to what James Hooper and others have been saying. The front office at our club is a mess so lets hope Maguire can survive their dysfunction and win something.

I don't think an anonymous survey should have been done at all TBH. There is no accountability for surveys like that. These players need accountability. I actually think Maguire will prove to be a good appointment for the short term. Not sure how it plays out long term. For me I am more concerned on fixing the other more obvious issues at the club. Recruitment/retention, player attitude and mindset at the club, overall club attitude and culture. All of those areas are in my view in a poor state right now. Kev has been held accountable for his role in this which is fine but it looks a lot like nobody else is being held to account for their roles. This makes it look very much like the (club Review) was indeed just an assassination of the coach.
I completely agree, its questionable from the front office at the Broncos - 3 coaches sacked in 6 years including Wayne Bennet of all people. Signed Siebold on a 5 year deal only to give him 18 months. Sacked a club legend after extending him 6 months prior. We look and act like the Tigers and now have one of their sacked coaches too...

Interested to see if Madge is going to get the players buy in. If not we are going to be heading into another rebuild. Nervous times.

Are we really trusting this Administration?
I think the Chairman & the Board have a history of fcking up,

But I just disagree with you that the CEO is the problem, he came in mid 2021 when we were already a shit show. Sacked Peter Nolan, Hired Ben Ikin.

2022 we improve, then at the end of the year Ikin & Kevie have their beef. Ikin slowly loses more responsibility over the roster moving down to more of a team manager role.

Early 2023 Ikin leaves, Breirs comes in we have a great year.

2024 we start alright still winning but playing shit footy, then completely collapse again like in 2022.

I don’t see how the CEO has made any fcked decisions over this period. This is his first major call and the one he will be judged on for me, if this doesn’t work out well, I’m more than happy to shit on him after this decision.

@Bucking Beads

No offence, but are you actually a Broncos supporter?

No matter what they are trying to do, you bitch about everything.

Yes the club has stuffed up, but they are trying fix things up.

So if Madge etc decides to get rid of 'fan' favourites etc, so be it.

@Bucking Beads

No offence, but are you actually a Broncos supporter?

No matter what they are trying to do, you bitch about everything.

Yes the club has stuffed up, but they are trying fix things up.

So if Madge etc decides to get rid of 'fan' favourites etc, so be it.
I am a Titans fan who spent thousands on supporting the Broncos this season... A Broncos Member and an all round clown for giving an F about this club.

I think the Chairman & the Board have a history of fcking up,

But I just disagree with you that the CEO is the problem, he came in mid 2021 when we were already a shit show. Sacked Peter Nolan, Hired Ben Ikin.

2022 we improve, then at the end of the year Ikin & Kevie have their beef. Ikin slowly loses more responsibility over the roster moving down to more of a team manager role.

Early 2023 Ikin leaves, Breirs comes in we have a great year.

2024 we start alright still winning but playing shit footy, then completely collapse again like in 2022.

I don’t see how the CEO has made any fcked decisions over this period. This is his first major call and the one he will be judged on for me, if this doesn’t work out well, I’m more than happy to shit on him after this decision.
So we've just sacked a coach for various reasons, our salary cap management is in disarray, our recruitment is non existent but the CEO has had a good year. OK.

So we've just sacked a coach for various reasons, our salary cap management is in disarray, our recruitment is non existent but the CEO has had a good year. OK.
He didn’t hire Kevie

Maybe if the CEO had his way with our initial plan with Ben Ikin overseeing things the recruitment might have been better?

also explain how the salary cap is in disarray? It’s nothing like the glory years when TPJ, Lodge, Bird & Milf were all on big money.

Yes Walsh (still not official), Haas, Carrigan, locked up on big money but they are all good players. The only deal I see that isn’t working out right now is Paix which ends this year & he isn’t on MASSIVE dosh. I disagree that the salary cap is in complete disarray, most the roster are on short term contracts and all our “bad deals” (baker, hunt, goisweski, paix & Billy Walter’s) are players getting paid fk all.

Other than the board, which isn’t under Dave’s control, what else are you unhappy about that isn’t Kev’s responsibility?

I’m asking sincerely. I’m trying to understand your gripe

Hiring / firing of the head coach isn't under Dave's control either ... That's a board decision.

He didn’t hire Kevie

Maybe if the CEO had his way with our initial plan with Ben Ikin overseeing things the recruitment might have been better?

also explain how the salary cap is in disarray? It’s nothing like the glory years when TPJ, Lodge, Bird & Milf were all on big money.

Yes Walsh (still not official), Haas, Carrigan, locked up on big money but they are all good players. The only deal I see that isn’t working out right now is Paix which ends this year & he isn’t on MASSIVE dosh. I disagree that the salary cap is in complete disarray, most the roster are on short term contracts and all our “bad deals” (baker, hunt, goisweski, paix & Billy Walter’s) are players getting paid fk all.

I think Bucking Beads was on his hiatus at the Titans when we actually had a fucked salary cap, he probably doesn't remember it.

We've gone through 2 generations of players getting overpaid, the one you mentioned with the likes of Pangai, Lodge, Bird, Kahu & Milford in particular.. and then also the absolute steaming pile of aging dog shit that Wayne Bennett left us, with Gillett extended long-term with a broken neck, McCullough extended long-term despite regressing basically every season he was with the club beyond 2015, and let's not forget, captain courageous, Darius Boyd, also extended long-term despite clearly not giving a ****.

Our salary cap is in the best spot it's been in since 2015, comfortably.

I think Bucking Beads was on his hiatus at the Titans when we actually had a fucked salary cap, he probably doesn't remember it.

We've gone through 2 generations of players getting overpaid, the one you mentioned with the likes of Pangai, Lodge, Bird, Kahu & Milford in particular.. and then also the absolute steaming pile of aging dog shit that Wayne Bennett left us, with Gillett extended long-term with a broken neck, McCullough extended long-term despite regressing basically every season he was with the club beyond 2015, and let's not forget, captain courageous, Darius Boyd, also extended long-term despite clearly not giving a ****.

Our salary cap is in the best spot it's been in since 2015, comfortably.
Here we go again with a 3rd generation of over paid players. Anyone would think the club would learn but that is obviously not the case. I do enjoy Broncos fans cheering on Administrators who once again have us hiring a new coach and scrapping the bottom of the barrel for depth players because of their mismanagement. Good luck Madge. You will fucken need it.

Tallis is a Titan. Imagine hearing that from your former captain.

I'd ban him from all events

More surprising was Kevvie tried to bring him back to the Broncos, onto his coaching staff I presume, and he knocked him back. Multiple times.

So Tallis had plenty of public advice from afar, but he didn't want to make himself useful.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosgirl
  • Russell Coight
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skyblues87
  • phoenix
  • Dexter
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Adammacca
  • Gaz
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.