Mid Season Signings

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Fozz said:
McKinnon released from the Warriors to join the Tigers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5871731622

McKinnon, a former City Origin fullback, has been signed by the Tigers for the remainder of the season - but he won't be available to face his recently-departed club this weekend.

Coxy said:
How does that involve the Broncos, Fozz? :P

But seriously I HATE midseason club switches. HATE HATE HATE them.

I understand your frustration Coxy. However if a player is only getting to play Q-Cup or NSW Premier League level at their current club and another club offers them the opportunity to play NRL regularly, why shouldn't they be allowed to go? It's like if at your current job you are an Admin Assistant and another employer offers you a job as a Project Manager - you should be able to take up the opportunity if your current employer isn't giving you the opportunity to fully utilise / develop your skills. Mid-season or not, I don't have a huge problem with it personally. (Though I might, actually probably would feel differently if it was a top-level player who is already currently playing NRL every week - unless there were other issues between player and club).

I don't see the problem with it, I think there is a cut off period in june for mid season signings anyway.

Oh look I understand why it happens, and that it's a necessary evil. I just hate it.

And maybe that stems from my time running Virtual NRL where teams had a limit of 5 players per club in their virtual squad - and when a player changed squad, suddenly some teams had more than 5 from the one club, and while it's no fault of their own, other players in their VNRL comp would WHINGE to me MERCILESSLY that they're cheating etc.

FML

Virtual NRL scarred me :P

PS: I am a project manager doing more of a role of a personal assistant/tech support for my MD at the moment.

Again, FML.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • marw
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • ettybay
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Astro
  • kman
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.